T-14 Armata

Nicolas Iasonos

I don't know which rock you guys were living under but anybody who praises Russian weapons are worse than fanboys and probably have "Russian cold" from the Cold War era. :laugh:

I don't think you guys have been watching other threads, especially Indian Air force subforum, but it has been well established on this forum that Russian equipment, no matter how or why it was made, is pure, non biodegradable junk which is at best a decade or two behind the Europeans and many more behind the Americans. Anybody who says otherwise has Russian cooties.

@militarysta or anybody else who can answer.

What is the difference between Obj 188A1 and A2?
then why did you bought so many tanks ehy did you bought so many planes why did you bought so many systems why you had to take their missile (p-800) to develop brahmos with their help actually they did all the job or their sam's .. You must be stupid .. If arjun is so good why it needed 30 years of development and still not officially entered your army (because is a junk) ?

Adux

Country flag
No wonder they forced their junk T-90 on us. Brilliant. Thank You Russia Lovers of India.

p2prada

then why did you bought so many tanks ehy did you bought so many planes why did you bought so many systems why you had to take their missile (p-800) to develop brahmos with their help actually they did all the job or their sam's .. You must be stupid .. If arjun is so good why it needed 30 years of development and still not officially entered your army (because is a junk) ?
No need to get your panties in a bunch. I was sarcastic there.

Since you are a new guy I will let it slide since you don't know me.

Stick around, read a few posts. I have been called "worse" than a Russian fanboy.

Nicolas Iasonos

No need to get your panties in a bunch. I was sarcastic there.

Since you are a new guy I will let it slide since you don't know me.

Stick around, read a few posts. I have been called "worse" than a Russian fanboy.
oh ok...sorry .

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This will be a failure, i have no confidence in Russian stuff these days.

Damian

Or most likely it will be a shock for everyone and most likely US will start an R&D program for their own next generation tank, especially that Russia will probably try to export new tank to keep production line in good condition.

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
No wonder they forced their junk T-90 on us. Brilliant. Thank You Russia Lovers of India.
Would you complain if you got to know the Army still bought the T-90's it wasn't shoved up their throats.They wanted it without the Shtora and AC, so they could put in indigenous Active or Passive Defence Systems and Indigenous AC or if that wasn't available maybe the same from a western source.They had a tender for some 1000+ APS systems don't know what happened to it.Although Prasun K Sengupta says the Army had selected the Swedish LEDS-150 but the deal wasn't passed on by the Babus.

Adux

Country flag
Army shoved the T-90, because of the Russian Arm agents and traitors in the system, at the cost of Arjun. Please dont talk about Chorgupta, Nobody cares. I think the board should censor his name just like '----'

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
They could have gone for other tanks instead of the so-called Russian Junk.It was their decision not to take buy another tank.I'd blame the Army here not the Russians.

Damian

It's funny to watch people without knowledge about tanks complaining about T-90, and praising tank that have many more weaknesses as something better only because it's indigenous and not looking in to details of design and comparing them.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
It's funny to watch people without knowledge about tanks complaining about T-90, and praising tank that have many more weaknesses as something better only because it's indigenous and not looking in to details of design and comparing them.
Only you know about tanks, we all know how you get pawned in Tank Nut Daves forum. lol..,

Damian

Only you know about tanks, we all know how you get pawned in Tank Nut Daves forum. lol..,
Pawned? And this is why he asked me to write some articles for him? ;)

And yes, compared to You

Yeah it seems I need to end writing them and send him these files.

Besides this contrary to You I prise what is worth to be prised in specific design.

Arjun is only worth to be prised by his suspension and nothing else. Firepower is on early 1980's level, electronics package is nothing impressive, rather a standard, engine is also standard and probably too weak for such weight. Designers prooved that they do not understand how vehicle should be armored (composite armor placement, size and placment of weak zones) and showed complete lack of understanding or complete ignorance to one of the most important principles in vehicle protection problem, the "safe manouvering angles" principle, but this is typical for all or allmost all tanks made in Asia.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

Its only there your asked to shut up and deal with the facts of how great british tanks and ammos are, here you know everything. :rolleyes:

Damian

I stopped argumentation because user CAT on TND's forum is completely immune to any argumentation. I said what I have to said and that all. Only because You not understand, it's not my fault.

Not to mention that it's typical for British to defend strange decisions they made in tank designing even if they proved contrary to their claims.

The idiotic choice (because short sighted) on Challenger 2 armament was a reason why this tank do not have any export succes, it can't be rearmed in to different gun without complete redesign of turret and hull, and in the end this tank is dead without any future. UK is currently scrapping many of them, not to mention that not many were manufactured at all, something 400+ of them for UK and Oman.

BTW I recently watched a video from one of BAOR units, when one of tank crew member (officer) was showing Chieftain, it is funny to watch how he claimed that L11A5 in the 1980's was "capable to destroy any tank in the world", yeah sure, only if projectile hit the right spot, other than that, Soviet Forces with T-64 and T-80 tanks in Germany would massacred BAOR forces in 1970's to 1980's period.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The Arjun was designed in Asia? Ok, who designed the Arjun?

Know this and shut up FOREVER. You keep failing in almost all arguments and only the british are jingo enough to trade blows with your ignorance.

Damian

Ok, and where India is placed? On Mars or in South Asia? :D

And besides Your typical rubbish talk and trolling, do You have anything constructive to say? Or not? No? The STFU and go away.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

And yes, compared to You

Besides this contrary to You I prise what is worth to be prised in specific design.

Arjun is only worth to be prised by his suspension and nothing else. Firepower is on early 1980's level, electronics package is nothing impressive, rather a standard, engine is also standard and probably too weak for such weight. Designers prooved that they do not understand how vehicle should be armored (composite armor placement, size and placment of weak zones) and showed complete lack of understanding or complete ignorance to one of the most important principles in vehicle protection problem, the "safe manouvering angles" principle, but this is typical for all or allmost all tanks made in Asia.
Yet another ignorant rant.

The Arjun was designed in Asia? Ok, who designed the Arjun and whose fault would it be that they did not know composite armor placement, size and weak zones, as you seem to claim? Who did not know this "safe maneuvering angel" when they designed them?

and what the hell is a self maneuvering angle?

After you go read just shut up FOREVER. You keep failing in almost all arguments and only the british are jingo enough to trade blows with your ignorance.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Ok, and where India is placed? On Mars or in South Asia? :D

And besides Your typical rubbish talk and trolling, do You have anything constructive to say? Or not? No? The STFU and go away.
It was not designed in India. You dont even know who the designer is and you have the balls to keep ranting? You fail again, just another ignorant rant as usual.

As soon as you find out who designed it, STHU and if your ego irks you for the colossal fail dont make a come back. Its not worth responding and showing you like last time how big a FAIL you blurted out of your ass with so much confidence.

If you cant take my word, take my Jesus word and make haste.

Damian

The Arjun was designed in Asia? Ok, who designed the Arjun and whose fault would it be that they did not know composite armor placement, size and weak zones, as you seem to claim? Who did not know this "safe maneuvering angel" when they designed them?
DRDO failed. As we seen on photos many from factory, side turret is not even in half lenght protected by composite armor, oncly covered by storage boxes. This means that any hit within safe manouvering angles any hit at 30-35 (or higher) degrees angle in turret side over the frontal arc (or sides) will disable or destroy vehicle.

p2prada

Hopefully, the tank will be unveiled to the public next year. Can't wait to see how the US might react if the tank lives up to expectations.

You can expect Armata to be better than the T-90MS at least. It would be a humongous achievement if it turns out the tank is better than Obj 195.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles