T-14 Armata

jouni

But only today, with modern electronics and sensors, we have an opportunity to bring this concept to life.
I wonder how many APILAS or NLAW hits those sensors can take. Whole concept with auto everything is pretty risky.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I wonder how many APILAS or NLAW hits those sensors can take. Whole concept with auto everything is pretty risky.

It depends on the projection of the protection of the turret. The hull is protected well enough.

Cadian

Statements made by Deputy Chairman of the board of the Military-Industrial Commission of the Russian Federation Oleg Bochkarev:

1. Kurganets-25 and Boomerang will enter serial production stage in 2019;
2. Coalition-SV self-propelled artillery will also enter serial production stage in 2019;
3. Three-years contracts to deliver Kurganets-25 and Boomerang for trials stage are already signed (unknown number of pieces);
4. Armata will enter trials in 2016. First batch for this purpose will be delivered during 2015, including those for Victory Parade (unknown number of pieces);
5. Armata has a remote control ability;
6. Unmanned Armata in the case of a critical hit can independently retreat from the line of fire.
7. Armata will not be offered for export in coming 5-6 years.

Серийное производство "Курганца" и "Бумеранга" начнутся в 2019 году

Looks like I was close to the truth:

It will take one or two or maybe even three years to test this new platforms, and then build around 50-200 of each type per year. No 11,000 units in 5 years, that simply cannot be.
If nothing too bad happens, then in 10-years period Armata will be tested, brought to service in Russian land forces, and finally offered for export.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
this is interesting

looks like they have not balance the tank, or driver compartment is isolated with other crew members.

pmaitra

@sayareakd Sir, it could also indicate crew-less turret.

I am still waiting to see the full tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hari Sud

Country flag
Keep your eyes off T-14 Armata tank. There is always somebody building a better mouse trap. Russians have built a better mouse trap which nobody will buy.

sgarg

Armata is still in development phase. It is still some distance from operational deployment. There are bugs in the system which is natural as it is a radically different tank from existing Russian designs.

I see Armata positively. However it is unlikely to be bought by India. Indian Army's funds are tied up in T-90 and Arjun.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Russia's next-generation Armata tank, recently showcased at the Victory Day parade in Moscow, could be fitted with a bigger, 152mm cannon, the Izvestia daily reported Thursday citing Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin.

MOSCOW, May 14 (Sputnik) — The Armata tank's main armament includes a 7.62mm remote-control machine gun and a 125mm smoothbore cannon. The tank is operated by a crew of three, housed in an armored capsule at the front.
"We have a shell that can burn through a meter-wide steel [plate] for this tank, we will fit it onto the Armata," Rogozin was quoted as saying by Izvestia. The Armata is a Russian prototype of a heavy tracked vehicle platform, used as a basis to build a next-generation main battle tank and a range of other combat vehicles.

Russian Next-Generation Armata Tank to Receive Bigger Cannon

arpakola

Vehicles of the Armata platform will be equipped with the radar and other technologies found on the Sukhoi T-50 fifth-generation jet fighter. They include a Ka band radar (26.5–40 GHz) based on AESA radar. The devices should be ready by 2015.[24] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armata_Universal_Combat_Platform
The Armata platform is configured with an active mine countermeasure system, designed to detect or trigger mines ahead of the tank. The system is mounted on the lower front edge of the vehicle. Photo: vitaly-Kuzmin http://defense-update.com/20150509_t14-t15_analysis.html#.VVDREPntlHw
http://defense-update.com/20150509_t14-t15_analysis.html#.VVS8RfntlHx

http://defense-update.com/20150509_kurganets-25bmp-btr.html#.VVS8RfntlHy

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles