Introduction from new member

Redhawk

Hello everyone, greetings from Eastern Australia:

I'm here because I'm doing some research into the 1965 Indo-Pak War and the state of India's (and Pakistan's) armed forces at the time of the war. Therefore, I need to read posts and ask questions from persons more knowledgeable on the subject than I. I'm an Australian in Sydney, in Eastern Australia of course, and I look forward to learning much.

Paul/Redhawk

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Welcome.

Don't lie dormant like most newbies, get thundering on the keyboard.

Rakshak_H27

Hello there,

I'm also an new member here and would love to participate in the forums, which is by the way is very high quality. The first time I saw it I knew I had to be a part of it

My main interest is in the airforce but I also try and inspire myself to discover the navy and that army.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Hello there,

I'm also an new member here and would love to participate in the forums, which is by the way is very high quality. The first time I saw it I knew I had to be a part of it

My main interest is in the airforce but I also try and inspire myself to discover the navy and that army.
Welcome to DFI !!

Kyubi

Country flag
Again, gentlemen, many thanks.
First of all welcome to DFI.

With respect to your area of research please have a nonpartisan approach towards the subject.
I would suggest you to have a look at IDSA ( Indian defence and strategic analysis) website for your research work .
There r few more
1 : Observer Research Foundation
2 : Center for Asian Strategic Studies
3 : Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies
4 : Vivekananda International Foundation

Accessing the websites of the above mentioned think tanks will help u in your research .. You will find ebooks, monolouges , papers and journals ...

Happy reading ...

Redhawk

First of all welcome to DFI.

With respect to your area of research please have a nonpartisan approach towards the subject.
I would suggest you to have a look at IDSA ( Indian defence and strategic analysis) website for your research work .
There r few more
1 : Observer Research Foundation
2 : Center for Asian Strategic Studies
3 : Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies
4 : Vivekananda International Foundation

Accessing the websites of the above mentioned think tanks will help u in your research .. You will find ebooks, monolouges , papers and journals ...

Happy reading ...
I can assure you that my approach is absolutely and totally nonpartisan.

This exercise is simply one of gathering information, the facts of the matter, weighing them, and then trying to reach a rational conclusion. To do this fairly and realistically, I necessarily have to be to be an entirely neutral observer and disinterested party, but not of course uninterested, in the matter of the 1965 Indo-Pakistani War and all that entails, both before and after the event. The more extravagant propagandist claims made of this war, and indeed, of any war, can be pretty easily seen through and disregarded provided one has enough sound and accurate information, and that is what I am endeavouring to collect.

Many thanks for the welcome and information on the IDSA and other websites: I am always grateful to be pointed in the direction of useful information and where to find it.

Last edited:

prohumanity

Country flag
Welcome Redhawk....I remember 1965 war and also, remember that the war started with a a multi site attack by Pakistani Air Force by Sabre Jets (US supplied) .The intial attack was on Agra, Jodhpur and 2 other cities and got Indian Air force shocked. That time, IAF had no advanced fighter jets but had small, domestically manufactured 2 seater jets cllaed "GNATS" (means mosquitos) The IAF pilots fought with courage and determination and could counter much more advanced US supplied SABRE jets of PAF. On the gorund, Pakistani Army had US supplied PATTON tanks in contrast to less advanced
Indian Tanks BUT more in number. The India Army was able to reach about 20 miles east of Pakistani City, Lahore and was pushing to almost capture Lahore when the ceasefire happened. How it happened is unknown. I was a little kid then so I don't remember more than this.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Welcome Redhawk....I remember 1965 war and also, remember that the war started with a a multi site attack by Pakistani Air Force by Sabre Jets (US supplied) .The intial attack was on Agra, Jodhpur and 2 other cities and got Indian Air force shocked. That time, IAF had no advanced fighter jets but had small, domestically manufactured 2 seater jets cllaed "GNATS" (means mosquitos) The IAF pilots fought with courage and determination and could counter much more advanced US supplied SABRE jets of PAF. On the gorund, Pakistani Army had US supplied PATTON tanks in contrast to less advanced
Indian Tanks BUT more in number. The India Army was able to reach about 20 miles east of Pakistani City, Lahore and was pushing to almost capture Lahore when the ceasefire happened. How it happened is unknown. I was a little kid then so I don't remember more than this.
Trivia: Pakistanis sought refuge in the Gurudwaras in response to Lahore invasion.

= @Redhawk
1965 was most known for the tank battles.

Some info on the Battle of Assal Uttar the graveyard of Pattons.

[pdf]http://orbat.com/site/cimh/battles/XI%20Corps%20and%20Battle%20of%20Asal%20Uttar.pdf[/pdf]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles