East vs West media propaganda war

ubuntu

Tihar Jail
Banned

RT America is better at covering the US. CNN is better at covering Russia.:lol::scared2::wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

ubuntu

Tihar Jail
Banned

49% of US believes gov't is trying to kill them .

Prometheus

RT America is better at covering the US. CNN is better at covering Russia.:lol::scared2::wave:
Ha ha what a SL*$! where where her moral values when the US invaded half a dozen countries ... the CNN is the epitome of govt sponsored propaganda! so much so they had telecast the Iraqi govt surrender even before it occurred just to demoralize the Iraqi troops

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Journalists and media houses have their own agendas and govt influence cannot be ruled out.

It is a worldwide disease.

Journalists make ideal spies since they can use their cover and roam around pretending to pick up news, when in actuality they are snooping and under the pay and assistance of their countries intelligence agencies.

Further, planted opinion in the form of informed comments can shape the nation's attitude towards an issue.

For example the manner in which it was said the Saddam Hussein's Iraq was bristling with WMD, when none could be discovered or even planted, because of international attention, to make a story!

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag
When any media coverage is owned by a select few, it is easy to shape public opinions and distort reality. Ratings keep people divided over silly issues like which network has the better anchor but behind the scenes it is the same old same old.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
There is a big difference between ratings and propaganda sir.:hair:
Oh, yes, I understand that, and I am saying ratings system tends to give Americans the news coverage they like because CNN, FoxNews, et al. track ratings. I don't believe government news agencies in Russia and China, just for example, have to give their audiences what they want. The term "captive audience" comes to mind here. :pokerface:

You may believe the US government controls US news media content, but I don't, and you haven't convinced me.

And if I may point out again, more people around the globe want to come to USA for its freedom than to Russia or China...

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Speaking of ratings:
Every TV "news" outlet, everywhere in the USA, every 3 hours:

Announcer: "This morning we have BREAKING NEWS in the disappearance of the Malaysian jetliner! Here to discuss it are [] and [], both experts in aviation safety. Authorities today announced that a large piece of floating debris has been spotted. [expert1], does this mean a breakthrough in the search for the plane?"

Expert1: "Well, Ted, it might or it might not. The piece of debris has actually just been identified--it's an empty Budweiser keg, and it was floating a few hundred yards offshore of Panama City, Florida. Since the airliner wasn't carrying a keg of beer and wasn't anywhere near the Gulf of Mexico, there IS a chance this discovery may not be relevant to search for the missing airliner."

Announcer: "Interesting--so this might not actually be a MAJOR breakthrough in the case. [expert2], what does this new discovery suggest about HOW the plane disappeared?" ...
(Thanks to Mr. Ken Kuzenski, Durham, NC)

W.G.Ewald

Professional
^^
If you can't make a point with words, throw up a large, garish graphic; seems to be the new thing for discussion on DFI.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
How much thinking does thethinker have to do to find a shiny graphic and throw it up on DFI?

thethinker

Country flag
^^
If you can't make a point with words, throw up a large, garish graphic; seems to be the new thing for discussion on DFI.
Why so annoyed? Are you aware of Tavistock Institute? You may want to look it up before deciding whether to be convinced if media is used as a propaganda tool in US or not.

The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations by Dr. John coleman (Oct. 3, 2006)

http://www.orgoknight.com/wee-blog/...-economic-decline-of-united-states-of-america

Here is a book :

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations: Shaping the Moral, Spiritual, Cultural, and Political

thethinker

Country flag
How much thinking does thethinker have to do to find a shiny graphic and throw it up on DFI?
Apparently not much because those "big shiny graphics" are already created by your own people. They help me in making a point though!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles