The 50 Most Violent Cities In The World

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Brazil most dangerous than Pukestan, which suffers with terrorism, or Colombia and Mexico, which suffers with drug traffic??

What criteria had been utilised?? Violence in Brazil was exaggerated.
Homicides per 100,000 residents is the criterion.

IBSA

Country flag
Homicides per 100,000 residents is the criterion.
Homicides per 100 K was the criterion utilised in the first list of cities posted in the thread. This last list places besides victims of common violence (Brazil) with victims of war and terrorism violence (Syria or Pakistan), and victims of state's violence (North Korea).

For me it seems so arbitrary

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Homicides per 100 K was the criterion utilised in the first list of cities posted in the thread. This last list places besides victims of common violence (Brazil) with victims of war and terrorism violence (Syria or Pakistan), and victims of state's violence (North Korea).

For me it seems so arbitrary
Violence in Brazil is a real blot on the nation unfortunately. I have a friend from Belo Horizonte and she says her hometown isn't that bad comparatively. Still, it managed to squeeze into the list of 50 most dangerous cities in the world. I'm surprised that São Paulo and Rio aren't on the list. It is her impression that these two cities are much more dangerous than Belo Horizonte.

Last edited:

IBSA

Country flag
Violence in Brazil is a real blot on the nation unfortunately. I have a friend from Belo Horizonte and she says her hometown isn't that bad comparatively. Still, it managed to squeeze into the list of 50 most dangerous cities in the world. I'm surprised that São Paulo and Rio aren't on the list. It is her impression that these two cities are much more dangerous than Belo Horizonte.
Her impression, and of millions of Brazilians, even citizens from São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, is due to the mainstream media, which is concentred in those two cities, and so more news about violence on it appears in TV. There are even some shows about only police news, showing on live ocurrences of crime in those cities. They are a bit popular. If one to see these shows everyday they will stay with this impression of a violence rate bigger than in actuality it is.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Her impression, and of millions of Brazilians, even citizens from São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, is due to the mainstream media, which is concentred in those two cities, and so more news about violence on it appears in TV. There are even some shows about only police news, showing on live ocurrences of crime in those cities. They are a bit popular. If one to see these shows everyday they will stay with this impression of a violence rate bigger than in actuality it is.
That may well be true. A similar situation exists in India. People have this impression that Delhi is the crime ridden and the "rape capital" of India, though it may be because Delhi is under the media microscope more often than any other city.

Bodhi

Tihar Jail
Banned
Something wrong with Black culture I think. Most of South America is black mixed with red indian right?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Something wrong with Black culture I think. Most of South America is black mixed with red indian right?
All except this part of Brasil... and most of them are mixed.

Some of that extends into Argentina too.

fzaq

how bout the most dangerous country for women where a lot of women being raped and burned alive?

SilentKiller

Country flag
how bout the most dangerous country for women where a lot of women being raped and burned alive?
The worst places in the world to be a woman

Afghanistan tops the list, as it is in general one of the world's most dangerous places. Congo, Pakistan, India and Somalia rounded out the top five.

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
Bro,with all due respect,was such hatred neccassary in this forum? Give respect and take respect,especially,when it comes to uniformed soldiers.
Bro, go to any Paki forum and see the amount of hatred there against us. This is like peanuts compared to that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles