Sarabjit Singh's struggle to freedom!

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sarabjit's counsel to submit mercy petition signed by 100,000

Lahore: Over 100,000 people in India, including former test cricketers and chief justices, have signed a petition addressed to the President Asif Ali Zardari seeking clemency for Sarabjit Singh, an Indian currently on death row in a Pakistani prison.

Awais Sheikh, the counsel for Sarabjit, said he had brought back the mercy petition with more than 100,000 signatures when he returned from a recent visit to India.

"The signatories include former test cricketer Kapil Dev, the Imam of Delhi's Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari, Syed Amin Hashmi of the Ajmer Sharif shrine, former Chief Justices R S Mongia and Rajindar Sachar, members of Indian human rights groups, Christian and Muslim bodies, doctors, engineers, lawyers, farmers and students," Sheikh told a news conference here.

Sheikh said he would submit the mercy petition to the President and also apprise him about the sentiments of the Indians in this regard.

"Since Sarabjit has been in prison for long, his sentence can be commuted to life imprisonment under the law," he said. Commuting Sarabjit's sentence will help improve relations between India and Pakistan, he added.

Bureau Report

Sarabjit`s counsel to submit mercy petition signed by 100,000

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Sarabjit's counsel to submit mercy petition signed by 100,000

Lahore: Over 100,000 people in India, including former test cricketers and chief justices, have signed a petition addressed to the President Asif Ali Zardari seeking clemency for Sarabjit Singh, an Indian currently on death row in a Pakistani prison.

Awais Sheikh, the counsel for Sarabjit, said he had brought back the mercy petition with more than 100,000 signatures when he returned from a recent visit to India.

"The signatories include former test cricketer Kapil Dev, the Imam of Delhi's Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari, Syed Amin Hashmi of the Ajmer Sharif shrine, former Chief Justices R S Mongia and Rajindar Sachar, members of Indian human rights groups, Christian and Muslim bodies, doctors, engineers, lawyers, farmers and students," Sheikh told a news conference here.

Sheikh said he would submit the mercy petition to the President and also apprise him about the sentiments of the Indians in this regard.

"Since Sarabjit has been in prison for long, his sentence can be commuted to life imprisonment under the law," he said. Commuting Sarabjit's sentence will help improve relations between India and Pakistan, he added.

Bureau Report

Sarabjit`s counsel to submit mercy petition signed by 100,000
He is convicted he should be hanged

F.Faruqi

True - if he's been convicted of the crime, he should be punished the same way a Pakistani would be punished for the same crime. If a Pakistani national would get the death penalty by law, it shouldn't be different.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
His alleged involvement.It hasn't been proved whether he was involved or not.None of the allegations have been substantiated.

Om3357

It acts as a double-edged sword sometimes. If they really are innocent, then they should be let free. But, investigation alone will take ages to happen and even if one of them is a terrorist, then there can be serious problems. This is why there are so many intrusions happening these days.
Terrorists cross the border with a group of locals and enter the territory. It can be a case of locals involved in such acts and not the BSF.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
At last Sarabjit Singh has got a complete thread .

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
If the victims families are agreed on Diyya (blood money) then he can be released . I have read that those families are agreed on diyya .

Pakistani government should release him in the light of Islam

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is a real case of mistaken identity, hanging him would be a gross miscarriage of justice, deep lying hatred-the obviously visible. so too is the storm of political rivalry, taking a blanket line that the pakistan is to punish an old man to death sentence is merely a manifestation of the hatred for Indians and injustice that exists in pakistan.:((

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Please proove his conviction. Does he even get a free trial.
If the victims families are agreed on Diyya (blood money) then he can be released . I have read that those families are agreed on diyya .

Pakistani government should release him in the light of Islam
This is a real case of mistaken identity, hanging him would be a gross miscarriage of justice, deep lying hatred-the obviously visible. so too is the storm of political rivalry, taking a blanket line that the pakistan is to punish an old man to death sentence is merely a manifestation of the hatred for Indians and injustice that exists in pakistan.:((
No mistaken identity, it is not possible to drift into Pakistan side sense border on Indian side of Punjab is heavily fenced. 2nd he confessed to the crime.
Regarding diyyat, many people killed in the bomb blast yes if all agree to let go then he should.I as a citizen of Lahore, where bomb was blasted do not want to forgive, therefore, hang him he is guilty

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
BTW we let go Kashmir Singh and he when in India said he was a spy, therefore, no mercy for Sarbajeet

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No mistaken identity, it is not possible to drift into Pakistan side sense border on Indian side of Punjab is heavily fenced. 2nd he confessed to the crime.
therefore, hang him he is guilty
Are you kidding me, 35 years ago Border in Punjab was not fenced and Sarabjit was caught drunk walking towards pakistan. So you seriously don't know the whole story. I don't blame you:wink:

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Are you kidding me, 35 years ago Border in Punjab was not fenced and Sarabjit was caught drunk walking towards pakistan. So you seriously don't know the whole story. I don't blame you:wink:
It was not 35 year old incident it was a post 1984 terrorist activity. He was convicted for his involvement in 1990 serial bomb blasts in Lahore and Multan that killed 14 people.

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It was not 35 year old incident it was a post 1984 terrorist activity. He was convicted for his involvement in 1990 serial bomb blasts in Lahore and Multan that killed 14 people.
Even in 1990 India didn't build fence on punjab border. His convistion is still not proven. No evidence of his involvement has been presented. Even Kamila Hayat human right's activist, journalist had asked the government to prove him guilty. But nothing had ever been shown against him. He' still did not recieve a free trial.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
BTW we let go Kashmir Singh and he when in India said he was a spy, therefore, no mercy for Sarbajeet
I believe Pakistan only left Kashmir Singh on one condition that when he comes to India he says he was a spy which will undermine the intelligence comunity in india and also to make sure pakistan doesn't need to free any more indians.

sky

I have said befor capitial punishment is wrong and uncivilized both india and pakistan should stop this form of punishment.we stoped the death penalty here in britian over 40 years ago,i hope in time all countries will stop the death penalty.mistakes do get made an innocent people do die.

IBM

he can be freed...... Give 10% to Mr zardari and he will free him....... simple!!!!!!!!!!!!

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Even in 1990 India didn't build fence on punjab border. His convistion is still not proven. No evidence of his involvement has been presented. Even Kamila Hayat human right's activist, journalist had asked the government to prove him guilty. But nothing had ever been shown against him. He' still did not recieve a free trial.
No it was and BTW who the hell is Kamila Hayat
I believe Pakistan only left Kashmir Singh on one condition that when he comes to India he says he was a spy which will undermine the intelligence comunity in india and also to make sure pakistan doesn't need to free any more indians.
Yeah yeah :)

Rage

DFI TEAM
If he is pronounced guilty by a fair trial that is more of legal, due course and just representation and less of a political statement and a miscarriage of justice, then hang him.

But do not plead for clemency when a pakistanie national is about to be hanged for the same convictions. We will not be so merciful.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles