Yom Kippur War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israeli Forces
375,000[12]–415,000 troops,
1,700 tanks,[24]
3,000 armored carriers,
945 artillery units,[15]
440 combat aircraft

Arab Forces
Egypt: 650,000[12]–800,000[13] troops, 1,700 tanks (1,020 crossed),[14] 2,400 armored carriers, 1,120 artillery units,[15] 400 combat aircraft, 140 helicopters,[16] 104 Navy vessels, 150 surface to air missile batteries (62 in the front line)[17]
Syria: 150,000[12] troops, 1,200 tanks, 800–900 armored carriers, 600 artillery units,[15][18][19]
Expeditionary Forces*: 100,000 troops,[12] 500–670 tanks,[20][21] 700 armored carriers[20]
Cuba: 1,500[22]–4,000[23] troops
Arabs had more soliders because they were most populated countries than Israel. If Israel were a bigger country it also would have a bigger army.

A war has much many variables that not just a quantity issue. There several types of superiority on war: personal, equipment, experience, moral, technological, terrain knowledge, numerical, etc. If it were only a quantitative correlation of forces, Arabs should win all wars against Israel.

moreover, it isnt possible compare all this past wars with the current. 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973 it was a battle among two professional army, with trained and equiped soldiers. Even Arabs had numerical superiority, Israel at least its own tanks, fighters, etc.

Current war Israel uses air attacks against a country that don't has air force and sea attacks against a country that don't has navy. The palestinian disadvantage is of qualitative order, Israeli inferiority in the past wars was of quantitative order.

sob

Mod
Country flag
This is just votebank politics nothing has changed in relations. Every time
things heat up with hezbollah Indian UN peacekeeping forces are in Israel.

Yes we are part of the UN mandate on the Israeli -Lebanese border.

sob

Mod
Country flag
A statement that makes absolutely no sense.

Hamas knows that in a densely packed territory like Gaza, there will always be a very high degree of collateral loss. They take full advantage of this fact when they fire rockets at civilians in Israel.

Indian Govt. should also ask Hamas to stop Rocket attacks permanently.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Arabs had more soliders because they were most populated countries than Israel. If Israel were a bigger country it also would have a bigger army.

A war has much many variables that not just a quantity issue. There several types of superiority on war: personal, equipment, experience, moral, technological, terrain knowledge, numerical, etc. If it were only a quantitative correlation of forces, Arabs should win all wars against Israel.

moreover, it isnt possible compare all this past wars with the current. 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973 it was a battle among two professional army, with trained and equiped soldiers. Even Arabs had numerical superiority, Israel at least its own tanks, fighters, etc.

Current war Israel uses air attacks against a country that don't has air force and sea attacks against a country that don't has navy. The palestinian disadvantage is of qualitative order, Israeli inferiority in the past wars was of quantitative order.

No. of soldiers, no. of tanks, artilleries, aircrafts, etc., Arabs have always been more numerous as against the Israelis. The quality of the equipments are not much far apart. But the biggest difference and advantage of the Israelis is on the quality of their manpower. Israeli soldiers are simply better motivated, better trained, more determined to achieve their goals, and a lot more intelligent in the battlefield.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I think you are right about that. The cycle is: funding - rearming - initiate rocket attacks - receive punishing IDF response - call for ceasefire - then back to funding again. Do you see where Hillary plays her role?
And these "wars" are simply good practice for Israel to check their Defense Systems and preparations plus getting rid of old ammunition... this "war" has nothing new but would be known for successful performance of Iron Dome.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
What war Israel fought in disadvantage force against Arabs??

Except the first war in 1948, on all other wars Israel had military advantage.

Even in the Independence War Israel violated the cease-fire agreement and bought weapons, a thing Arabs didnt do in respect to agreement.
You seriously need some time to read wars of Israel when all of its neighbors pounced on this tiny country and even being outnumbered Israel was the winner.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Good that India dislikes disproportionate force being used and finds it unacceptable.

That is why we are having such a rollicking time with terrorism in our country.

Great for sideshows of daily life, what?

Diwali beyond Diwali.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I'd just like to ask one question. Who started it?
Virendra ↑
United Kingdom's Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour, The Earl of Balfour.

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country

Balfour Declaration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It was a neat racist way to get rid of Jews from the UK and Europe!

The British act very upright and moral, but they are actually quite sneaky behind the veneer!

Much of today's woes and conflicts are all where the British ruled or decided on issues.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

The British act very upright and moral, but they are actually quite sneaky behind the veneer!
True this, british are very sly when it comes to their policy.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Clever ticks they are.

Great imperialists and they know how to lord around when they were around.

And they knew how to clear a Godforsaken mess in a sly, 'moralistic' way so that they could still have a finger in the pie.

Note how they welcome all terrorist organisation in the world with all protection and then howl blue murder for the galleries!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Riddle-me riddle-me riddle-me-ree,
Perhaps you can tell what this riddle may be:
As deep as a house, as round as a cup,
And all the king's horses can't draw it up.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Much of today's woes and conflicts are all where the British ruled or decided on issues.
You have hit the nail on the head.

ganesh177

Country flag
I dont get this dispropotionate argument.

If i am standing next to man with a gun who is angry already, i wud try my best not to piss him off.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
:facepalm: No I mean who started the tussle that ended yesterday with a ceasefire.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Bad timing .. why were they negotiating with the man if they wanted him dead?
Something is not coming in public.

pack leader

Professional
I think when israel killed hamas leader who was travelling in a car.

Apparantly few hrs before he had negotiated peace treaty with israel only :rofl:

Operation Pillar of Defense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Israeli peace activist: Hamas leader Jabari killed amid talks on long-term truce - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
haaretz prints trash for the leftist clowns in Europe communists and Arabs its not a trust worthy source
get me this news from ynet nrg or j post ( the mainstream ) for some creditability

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles