Year 2035: Some possible scenarios

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I forsee a few more things particular to India.
1)The increase in pollution levels in china couples with rising demand for fresh water direct china to dam several major rivers in the Tibet plateau increasing regional tensions and bringing the world to the brink of new indo china war- the same could be resolved either via a water sharing agreement involving one one side china and the other India and the other lower riparian states.
2) Rising sea levels force millions to flee the Maldives , Seychelles and Bangladesh for India increasing demographic tensions between the environmental refugees and domiciled Indians.however proper food storage and management prevent the outbreak of another massive famine.
3)Pakistan implodes flooding India with refugees and spreading the AK culture across many swathes of south Asia.
4)Increase in upwardly mobile households increases the single parent percentage and also the number of senior citizens in old age homes this becomes a burden on the government.Divorce lawyers do brisk business.
5)Per capita Income crosses 10,000$/annum bringing a flood of FDI in retail.India becomes the largest market by volume in human history.
6) The Indian navy becomes the premier power of the Indian ocean with no less than 4 large carriers and 4 LPD's also another 4 SSBN's and 6 SSN's provide security.
7) The NHAI Golden quadrilateral and NSEW projects are fully realized in 6 lane format giving unprecedented highway travel speeds and comfort.also the New 7 Sisters mega highway links the NE to India better than before a branch of that highway extends to Thailand through Myanmar increasing contact and trade.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Anyone foreseeing the actual implementation of linking of all rivers in india?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
There are other economically better local options available. I do not think this project will see the light unless NDA comes back again and they too would find it difficult to implement.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There are other economically better local options available. I do not think this project will see the light unless NDA comes back again and they too would find it difficult to implement.
"economically better local options available"

Like what?

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
It will be completed if red tape dont sit on files as a result india turning green.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
2035:
I see complete integration between the economies of India , Pakistan, Sri Lanka, BD, Nepal, Bhutan and Myanmar closely linked on one side with CAR and on the other ASEAN countries with China playing a pivotal role in this.

Indian continent has to develop as an integrated block or the scenario is bleak particularly for Pakistan and Afghanistan...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
It will be completed if red tape dont sit on files as a result india turning green.
I foresee emergence of Sarswati River with Jodhpur belt and Jaisalmair riverbed rejuvenating progressively with water . I foresee the water seepage of Satluj filling this riverbed into Hakara depression. I foresee Suratgarh, Bikaner, Jaisalmer and Barmer emerging as the grainary of Western India much fertile than Haryana. Being higher, Rohi of Pakistan has less hopes and chances. However there is bound to be effects of surroundings on Rohi which will be much greener than today.

No need for Arjuns and Al Khalids to march on Rohi. Let it be a march of greenery and prosperity rather than hunting and pleasure ground for rich Seikhs.

Last edited:

aerokan

Country flag
In my opinion, river linking is a solution. Not a better one though. Instead of spending humongous amounts of money over big projects, focus should be on implementing water harvesting at very minute costs and investments dispersed under a shared govt-public initiative. We all know how much money will be funnelled out of the country if such projects get started. Even if the govt is strongly bent on linking rivers, linking should not be fully done. several pockets of independent river linkages should be implemented rather than full implementation. Developing local water harvesting initiatives means developing local economies and reducing the choke points. It's easy to take down one big dam and cause huge destruction. strategically bad idea for a densely populated country.

Blackwater

Year 2035: Some possible scenarios

Only one scenario=" No Pakistan on world map ":cool2::cool2::lol:

ashdoc

Country flag
Whats the need of pakistan when 550 million srong population of muslims in subcontinent can easily paint it green.
550 million and multiplying fast . i think in 2035 india will be one step further towards islamic majority in several states . assam will muslim majority and west bengal and kerala about to become muslim majority .

arkem8

Country flag
Whats the need of pakistan when 550 million srong population of muslims in subcontinent can easily paint it green.
LOL rationalising the obvious failure of Pakistan using religion as a crutch.

P.S Why stop at only the subcontinent why not the entire ummah???

Oh wait....

Last edited:

arkem8

Country flag
Pakistan will have ceased to be a single entity by that time, maybe Iran, Afghanistan and some other Arab states as well.

Last edited:

Tronic

Pakistan will have ceased to be a single entity by that time, maybe Iran, Afghanistan and some other Arab states as well.
Don't hate my Persian and Afghan brothers. Persians throw the wildest parties.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The next 20 years seem to store a lot of action for the world affairs. I was trying to look at the worst possible scenario for the world. I am trying to summarize the few possible outcomes. Here is the complete situation.

1. PRC will be caught between three scenarios. The citizens are becoming more assertive about their rights-political being the most critical one. We have seen the fall of USSR when they tried to open up their political process. Although China has not repeated their mistake of opening the economy later but relinquishing power takes a lot of effort. So, China may be caught in a civil war. To avoid the situation, the best way out for the Communist Party is to feed propaganda to the public and start asserting themselves militarily in the world.
So, we have three situations for China-----
an internal civil war
Maybe but probably not. But if it does happen the CCP won't go without a fight.

or international military expeditions
Maybe, some military adventurism within the first Island chain and possibly the second island chains. But they will tread very carefully as the US is increasing presence big time, in the Asia-Pacific region.

or peaceful transition to democracy.
I don't think so.

I get the feeling that as long as economic development in PRC continues and standard of living of the poor improves (i.e. rich-poor gap shrinks) the CCP will stay.

5. USA--the wars and financial crisis has already thrown it on a downward trajectory. In case PRC assets itself militarily would US stay away or jump in and kill the economic collaboration built over the years? Under decreased influence it would be interesting to see if US would again start reintegrating itself with a factional/integrated Europe or India.

Please feel free to add analysis about other parts of the world and try to make a picture of the world 20 years from now.
The USA will remain the military super-power. Increasing US presence in the Asia -Pacific regions, more tensions with PRC, esp since the US is trying to woo every other neighbor of the PRC. Also because of the missile shield plans and Russia's ambitions to become a global player, there will be more tensions with Russia. Because of these factors the US will increasingly try to befriend India and have more friends in Europe.

Speaking of Russia. What will happen to Russia. They are a resource and energy super power and if they play their cards right, they can see economic growth.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The world will move from a unipolar to a multipolar one. America will remain the dominant superpower until 2050+, but its relative "share" of global power and influence will steadily decline as China, India, and Brazil continue to develop and become new geopolitical cores.
Why did you leave out Russia?
Don't you think Russia, with it's vast resources & living spaces, it's dormant military industrial complex and it's influence on some of it's neighbors has a shot at becoming a new pole in the multi-polar world?

Last edited:

arkem8

Country flag
Pakistanis denigrating Bengalis and other Ummah realities by Hasan Nisar...

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

Articles