US puts $10 million bounty on Hafiz Saeed's head

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is good that these two chaps are getting herpes.

Now, we will see how much they strut around spreading vitriol.

Osama was hit.

So, how long will it take to hit these oafs, if indeed the US is serious.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
He has come out on TV and dared the US and mocked at India. Proves Paki complicity and shamelessness of Indian govt which has gone around saying we are vindicated. BS. They are hiding their inaction and cowardice. An Amercian bounty for a wanted terrorist in India is a bloody tight slap on us and rejoicing it saying we are vindicated is shameless.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
YB, GOI's reaction is not surprising. I doubt if MEA was kept in loop by White House before making this announcement. Now HM is only trying to bank on this advantage. However, if this bounty is really supposed to mean anything in the Obama's 2012 campaign, it must reach some conclusive end before elections or it can fire-back. I think it is nothing more than a plot to keep Saeed away from active GOP politics. The current US engagement with fickle guarding individuals in GOP is vulnerable to the rats like Saeed & Omar. Any screw-up in this appointment will endanger NATO plans in Af-pak.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Lol Hafiz Mohammad Saeed was live in Geo tv Pakistan some minutes ago.And US govt. has placed bounty on him :lol:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
This bastard Saeed is on Television questioning GOI why they won't allow Paki commission to talk to Kasab. I think GOP has appointed him as their unofficial spokesperson. Pakis are talking everything else other than bounty on Saeed.

pankaj nema

Country flag
THis is message to Pakistan by the USA that we DO NT want to improve relations with Pakistan
and that the USA will continue to harass and humiliate Pakistan with new and innovative ways

Just three more years

Once the bulk of US forces are out of Afghanistan Pak will face full scale sanctions and would be finally
declared as a terrorist state

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Pakis are so ffing rich, nobody wants 10 miilion USDs! :pokerface:

noob101

You will maybe get communication when a drone strikes down Saeed's arse.
This all seems very intriguing, one would assume that if there was a 10 million dollar bounty on someones head it would be for either capturing or killing him, some have been suggesting that US is doing a favor to India but I doubt that very much.... I am sure that GoI will pay anyone 10$M for capturing or killing him I don't really see how this bounty would be a favor....

On the other hand I think the NATO supply situation in Afghanistan is getting very desperate, I remember the last time the routes were closed ISAF forces immediately went to half rations... and that blockade didn't last as long as this one ..... And it needs to get them open ASAP so they are willing to try anything.... What I think is , Unkil will be secretly communicating with LeT that "we really don't care what you do to India but stop protesting against the NATO supply lines and we will relieve the pressure on you" or something to that effect....

Coming back to the topic of capture or kill, putting a kill bounty on his head would mean that there would have to be an effort by the DoD to get this guy, And its no secret Unkil can just blow up this guy when ever they want but I doubt they want to do that for 2 reasons .... 1 they don't want to pour fuel on a ragging fire (one can say that this guys is considered a National Hero in Pakistan) and 2 If they kill him there will be no one to negotiate with and who knows what his successor will be like?

My take on this whole thing is ... Unkil just wants to get their supply lines open and is willing to try anything if it was serious about getting this guy they would just send a B-2 bomber with a few 2000lb JDAMs and level his compound while his is in it... If they did that then I would consider it to be a favor to us, but on the other hand I also understand how risky such a move by the US would be for India...

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I felt ashamed that USA is doing our dirty job, the same job our 'loongichaap' and 'pyjamachaap' leaders were suppose to do. Some times I wonder if it wasn't of USA's WOT how many more bomb blasts, 26/11s and airliner high jacks could have had happened in and against India. Irrespective of our general perception about USA (which is uncalled for) no one can deny that USA is acting as buffer for us in recent times against these terrorists civilians of Pakistan.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
US is playing for its own global & sub-regional interests. Lets not be over apologetic for our position. Same US has been providing funds to terrorist GOP for decades.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I think its a high time for RAW to hunt this Pakistani investment down now, our 'loongichaap' leaders will be less panicky about Pakistan's reaction and their fictional minority appeasement thingy.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
If RAW or SFF go after surgical assassination ops against these known rats like Hafiz Saeed then the rat followers will direct their attention towards Indian political leadership in a individual life-threatening retaliation game. Hence our leaders will not sanction such plans.

Adux

Country flag
US is playing for its own global & sub-regional interests. Lets not be over apologetic for our position. Same US has been providing funds to terrorist GOP for decades.
SO what? Its their national security, why should they care about ours.

USA has no business with LeT or Sri Lanka, they played their part. It is also true that our country hasnt done justice to our people. So what is wrong in accepting whatever small amount of good work done by others. Or are we so prideful and petty, that we cant even appreciate a good deed, however late or however unlikely it is.

Adux

Country flag
Pakis are so ffing rich, nobody wants 10 miilion USDs! :pokerface:
It was 25 million dollars for OBL. So i would consider this 10 million quite significant for Hafiz Saeed.
It is quite unfair of you, to be sarcastic about pakistani's not taking up the money, mocking a deed that is beneficial to us, is not cricket.
It took nearly 10 years to get OBL. For all you know, somebody might actually bite, maybe they wont. But you cant blame the americans for not trying. Though the same might not apply to us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles