Riots in UK

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
ZOMG this thread is so infantile.

Initially the people were protesting the death of a young man during a police operation. Later some rumours spread, about Police brutalities against protesters which led to violence.

British Police resorted to being a bit too PC due to the perceived sensitivities(maligning their image further in the eyes of poor blacks) taking advantage of which opportunistic black youths from these poorer neighbourhoods started rioting and looting.

Realizing the police is timid, more youths from the low income strata and bored individuals joined in. This thing is spreading like ameme that smart folks talk about, an idea virus. For the rioters all a bit of free for all fun, and a chance to vent their frustrations. British govt is just too damn PC when it comes to stuff like that. This situation ought to have been treated like a case of Hooliganism.

This can never happen in India, because the Indian Police is governed by colonial laws that our British overlord used to reign us in aka Indian Police is a tool of establishment meant to terrorize citizens.

Blackwater

loooting spread through Bristol and Nottingham. Unless police take harsh steps against these landooors( awara youth). they will take advantage of soft policing and looot everything

johnee

ZOMG this thread is so infantile.

Initially the people were protesting the death of a young man during a police operation. Later some rumours spread, about Police brutalities against protesters which led to violence.

British Police resorted to being a bit too PC due to the perceived sensitivities(maligning their image further in the eyes of poor blacks) taking advantage of which opportunistic black youths from these poorer neighbourhoods started rioting and looting.

Realizing the police is timid, more youths from the low income strata and bored individuals joined in. This thing is spreading like ameme that smart folks talk about, an idea virus. For the rioters all a bit of free for all fun, and a chance to vent their frustrations. British govt is just too damn PC when it comes to stuff like that. This situation ought to have been treated like a case of Hooliganism.

This can never happen in India, because the Indian Police is governed by colonial laws that our British overlord used to reign us in aka Indian Police is a tool of establishment meant to terrorize citizens.
I agree mostly, but if the rioting takes place under a guise of fighting for a cause, THEN, India is vulnerable. This can be seen across India. Classic example is Kashmir.

Blackwater

I. dont understand why loooters target SOHO road in Handsworth in Birmingham,which is predominately desi area. any racist angel on this..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In most riots, people do what we term as "behti ganga me haath dhona".

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I. dont understand why loooters target SOHO road in Handsworth in Birmingham,which is predominately desi area. any racist angel on this..
Reading the many posts of you, its filled with racists overtones. Kala, pila etc.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
All four corners of London, Liverpool, Birmingham and Manchester are up in flames. It is anarchy in the streets and the police are unable to do anything about it. The bobbies are a bunch of pussies and the government won't allow lethal force. Only way to stop it as was the case in the LA riots.

Blackwater

Are you saying that Desis and Desi Areas are being targetting in these riots?
Only in the case of Birmingham soho road... Birmingham is very big city. Why they target soho road full of desiiii

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Only in the case of Birmingham soho road... Birmingham is very big city. Why they target soho road full of desiiii
because desi are immigrants...and not someone to be put a higher pedestal because afterall they are not 'natives'.

i for one couldn't care what happens...i just want to see riots continue. Why should we care ?

Country flag
Are you saying that Desis and Desi Areas are being targetting in these riots?
I saw some pictures this morning on BBC and the stores names all sounded Desi one I remember was Mangal. There are British racist groups behind these riots but the British press conveniently leaves it out.

Country flag
Bristol rioting like 'end of world movie' - mirror.co.uk

Bristol rioting like 'end of world movie'

Residents compared the devastation left by last night's rioting in Bristol to scenes from a film about the end of the world.

More than 150 young rioters rampaged through the St Paul's and Stokes Croft areas, the scene of rioting earlier this year amid anger over a new Tesco store.

The clean-up began in the early hours and a small police presence remained in Stokes Croft as damage was assessed. Rioters targeted a Tesco Metro store, a bus stop and several doors had been kicked in.
glass and bricks were swept away.

In St Paul's, at least three burnt out cars and several bins had been set alight overnight and the Avon and Somerset Probation Trust offices had suffered damage.

In the main shopping area of Cabot Circus, designer jewellery store Thomas Sabo had its windows smashed.

Andy Valentine, 28, who lives in St Paul's, said: "The only way I can really describe it is like the start of an end of the world movie.

"It sounds dramatic, but it's true. Where you have a small group of people that have an air about them that you just don't want to be around.

"Then two or three or four or five more arrived and before you know it, it was kind of 120-strong, with bad intentions loitering outside my apartment."

Mr Valentine, a musician, said the group disappeared for a couple of hours, moving towards Stokes Croft, before returning.

"They came back just before 2am and that's when it started kicking off. That's when they started setting fire to bins and throwing things around and it looked like they were going to try to set fire to the pub, the Jamaica Inn, and that's when the police stepped in and in all fairness they sorted it fast, within five minutes they moved them along.

"Helicopters and such were around until 4.30am. We stayed up because I have a little family, with me, my missus and the kittens and I wanted to make sure nothing went on."

Mr Valentine said they had flaming bins pushed against their apartments, but this was quickly stopped by police.

"I was worried, my partner was terrified. She wanted to get out of the apartment, she wanted to be as far away from it as possible, but we kind of left it too late and there was no way we could have gone anywhere safely.

"It was a hair-raising experience and one I'm hoping won't be repeated tonight."

Bristol East Labour MP Kerry McCarthy called last night's unrest in the city "aimless".

She said the mood had been completely different from that during riots in the Stokes Croft area in April, which was sparked by a police raid on a squat and the building of a controversial Tesco store nearby.

Local people were angry at the damage caused overnight, she said.

"It wasn't like London, where there were concerted efforts at looting," she said.

"It sounds like it was very mindless, in that people were thinking 'It's happening elsewhere, let's see what's happening in Bristol'.

"We need to put a lid on it quickly."

The leaders of the political parties on Bristol City Council issued a joint statement condemning the "shocking" disorder but saying it was "relatively isolated".

"The city is quiet this morning," they said.

"We'd like to thank local people for their cooperation in helping minimise the disorder.

"In the past, we've found that this kind of violence has been from a small minority of opportunist anarchists seeking to capitalise on unrelated circumstances elsewhere, and to bring violence to our city."

They added: "There is no excuse, no justification for any kind of copycat behaviour.

"It's too easy to blame young people, the majority of whom are of course blameless; we need to find those actually responsible."

Phenom

Is the Indian cricket team currently in London, if so we should ask the UK govt to give them more security.

Remember how the Brits and Aussies raise hue and cry about safety when they tour India, now is a good time to pay them back.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As it is the Native British are tired for immigrants, including East Europeans.

Now, they will have an excuse to make life harder for the non whites.

They actually asked for it with their pseudo liberal attitude.

They should have applied their law without being politically correct.

sandeepdg

Mayhem in British cities. So is this a new Karachi in the making, folks ?? I would love to see how this goes.

Blackwater

I saw some pictures this morning on BBC and the stores names all sounded Desi one I remember was Mangal. There are British racist groups behind these riots but the British press conveniently leaves it out.
loooters have no Religion. these are all kids in there teens who are doing this for fun and looot as they know police response is very lazy and soft

Is the Indian cricket team currently in London, if so we should ask the UK govt to give them more security.

Remember how the Brits and Aussies raise hue and cry about safety when they tour India, now is a good time to pay them back.
They are still in Birmingham and playing tom.

This violence has united Indians and pakistanis to save southhall. News reported mobs comes to southhall for loot but our desi munde force them out it...

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Team india should be recalled immediately for the safety of the players and call off the series as England is not safe anymore. Once team india security officials inspect and assess the situation in England and declare that it is safe, then only should team india go back and play.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles