Dutch ban on halal and kosher meat

Oracle

Halal - cutting the throat of animals or human beings to drain out blood.

Blood basically contains germs, which when drained out is healthy for meat eating people. I don't think Prophet Mohammed knew about this scientific thing in the middle ages. According to Islam, soul escapes from the throat, so you need to cut it.

Whatever be the case - stunned or throat being cut, I would never leave eating meat.

Wonder why, almost all chicken and mutton stalls are owned by Muslims offering good quality meat?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Halal - cutting the throat of animals or human beings to drain out blood.

Blood basically contains germs, which when drained out is healthy for meat eating people. I don't think Prophet Mohammed knew about this scientific thing in the middle ages. According to Islam, soul escapes from the throat, so you need to cut it.

Whatever be the case - stunned or throat being cut, I would never leave eating meat.

Wonder why, almost all chicken and mutton stalls are owned by Muslims offering good quality meat?
That germ wont be there in the meat? Blood is there in the meat also right?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You gotta like the smarts of the Dutch. No better way of getting rid troublesome north African Muslim communities and orthodox Jews by telling them there is no halal or kosher.

Since they are banging both Muslims and Jews - no one can accuse them of anything. Now all they need to do is ban the import of halal and kosher and you have closed the loophole.
Muslims can eat non-halal meat if there is no availability of it or is banned in a foreign land. Don't know about jews but i would bet there rules aren't as flexible.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
It seems yusuf was right

Dr. Manfred Gerstenfeld, who has been following the issue closely, told Israel National News that large majority of Dutch Muslims do not care whether animals are stunned and then slaughtered according to the halal laws of Islam. Jewish law does not allow the practice.

Nonynon

For the time the kosher killing was right because it included ways of how to make the animal less pain then other methods of the time. It also prevented the average person from killing cows himself and spared psychological damage to many people. Today its outdated and there are better ways to do all this in the modern world.
But still, I'd hate to know I'm eating non-kosher meals every day if I were a dutch Jew.
If the modern way really is a better way then the traditional one then the religious rabbis and Imams should take it into considerations. But I don't see that happening easily.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
If it checkes ritual sacrifice I fully support it. No way we can support killing of animals just to make God happy. Kill only that much you need. However , I used to think sliting is better because it let blood drain-off instead of coagulating. I dont understand why people are objecting. Use anesthesia and then slit it ...simple......

Global Defence

Articles