Q&A Israeli Society

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
this again proves my point:
the main rout for dealing with Arabs is peace thru superior fire power they cannot be reasoned with
Interesting you say that considering that all Arab states are friendly with Israel save Syria. From the belligerence we hear, it's Iran which is after Israel than any Arab state.

You have talked quite a bit about US backing of Israel through thick and thin. I think it has a lot to do with US having a sizeable and powerful Jewish population which controls a large part of US economy and polity. Even then in recet times, the relations between your two countries is not all that honky dory. America is quite open to the idea of a Palestinian state co existing with Israel.

warriorextreme

Country flag
i would like to know brief history of judaism..
did jews use to dwell on current land of israel from begining..i mean from begining of abrahmic religion?

Tomcat

israle is also a continuing Historical entity

modern state of Israel, was known as Canaan to the ancient Hebrews. Palestine's name derives from the Philistines, a people who occupied the southern coastal part of the country in the 12th century B.C.
A Hebrew kingdom established in 1000 B.C. was later split into the kingdoms of Judah and Israel; they were subsequently invaded by Assyrians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Persians, Romans, and Alexander the Great of Macedonia. By A.D. 135, few Jews were left in Palestine; most lived in the scattered and tenacious communities of the Diaspora, communities formed outside Palestine after the Babylonian exile. Palestine became a center of Christian pilgrimage after the emperor Constantine converted to that faith. The Arabs took Palestine from the Byzantine empire in 634–640. Interrupted only by Christian Crusaders, Muslims ruled Palestine until the 20th century. During World War I, British forces defeated the Turks in Palestine and governed the area under a League of Nations mandate from 1923.
The quoted part is taken from Israel: History, Geography, Government, and Culture — Infoplease.com

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
When British Partitioned the State as Jewish area and Arabic area how much land was give to the Jews and How many jews lived there?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I LOVE Israel because it knows how to fight and stand for its rights and this is what Indians have been silently and quitely learning from Israel prior to 1991

In 1991 when India was facing lot of problems in Kashmir ,at that time Govt of India did take a perfect step .

India Israel relations became OFFICIAL

It sent out an immediate message to OIC that India might be alone but it ENDORSES the Israeli way of fighting for its rights

If Israel HAD not succeeded from 1947 onwards in its survival battle India would have not got the INSPIRATION to crush the kashmiri separatist struggle
You got it all wrong. India didn't establish relations with Israel because india was drawing inspiration from Israel in facing terror. India had covertly worked with Israel since Indira Gandhi and it's common knowledge that Pakistan was terrified about a joint Indo Israeli raid like Osirak in the eighties.

India didn't recognize Israel to show any other country or block that India supports Israeli way of fighting for itself.
India did so because it was plain business. India got some good hi tech military stuff from it. India has not learned anything from Israel in fighting terrorists. Indias fight is a lot different from Israel. Palestine and it's supporters are not nuclear armed.

Palestine is not in the same league as Pakistan as far as military power goes. Arabs made peace with Israel long back. Sub continent as middle east is not the same.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Welcome to the DFI Pack Leader..

Enjoy your stay here :)

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Can you add some videos of 2011 or 2010 JE?

Also any news on why there is no JE with Airforces?
Didn't got 2011 yet, though 2010..

IAF will be involve in JE but i don't have much info on it..

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonynon

Palestine is not in the same league as Pakistan as far as military power goes. Arabs made peace with Israel long back. Sub continent as middle east is not the same.
This seems to be thought by a lot of people here so I'll just point out:
Syria and Lebanon are currently the only neighbors that are in a state of ceasefire with Israel and not peace. Iran can get to Israel through arming Syria and Syria can make war with Israel unofficially by arming Terror groups such as Hezbollah. Other countries that already have peace with Israel such as Egypt are always far from considered "safe" because they have a lot of people (in Egypt the majority in fact, by polls) that think the peace with Israel should stop. Already some influential Egyptian politicians called for an invasion of Israel if Israel wouldn't be nicer to the Palestinians. In other words, currently Israel is still threatened by some of the largest armies in the world that still continue to get armed by Russia (Syria and Lebanon) and USA (Egypt and Jordan, maybe Iraq too in the future).

When British Partitioned the State as Jewish area and Arabic area how much land was give to the Jews and How many jews lived there?

Although Jordan was also part of the British palestinian mandate, it was given to some small but loyal tribe instead. It's also noteworthy to mention the areas Israel got were the bad agricultural lands that included mostly swamps and deserts. The Arab country also got the land surrounding Jerusalem so that pretty much puts them in control of it.
As for the amount of people, there were about 800,000 Jewish people living there at the time and millions more waiting for the opportunity to get out of post WW2 Europe.

Gah I'm highjacking this thread, I'll stop.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
US is the common factor between Israel and it's friendly Arab nations right now. There will always be some disgruntled voices but that is expected.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Why are Arabs often labelled "anti-Semites", when they themselves are a Semitic people?

pack leader

Professional
anti semetism is a European word and reflects European persecution off Jews
we Israeli Jews rarely us that world we us the word racism.
and yes Judaism is unique in being both religion and ethnicity
that is why conversion to Judaism is sow rare and difficult

ahmedfire

it's truly amazing that even in a far away Indian forum ignorant Arab trolls exist
Mr. Ahmed should go ruining to the i.m.f to beg for money before his sand castle collapses
this again proves my point:
the main rout for dealing with Arabs is peace thru superior fire power they cannot be reasoned with
yeah,it's amazing too to find the terrorism itself exist in an indian forum !!

superior fire power ?!!
really ?
seems you forgot that day...6 oct 1973...:becky:

try not to see your gov. TV alot
they full your mind eith propaganda...

Tomcat

mr ahmed it was a cowardly and sneek attack on a nation that was observing a national/ religious holiday if the IDF had done a similar attack on eid Ul fitr the world would have finished pls stop this hipocresy it is an other point that the arabs had prepared well for the attack but at the end of all this is arab infiriority complex at israle's amaizing progress

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles