Who's the rogue superpower?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Shen Dingli, a professor and a top strategist, has said openly that China proliferated nuclear technology.

SHASH2K2

wasn't India exploding nuke ahead of Pak?

who are your 'friends'? bangladesh? nepal? or sri lanka? if so why do u folks always cry about 'string of pearls'?
We exploded Nukes due to China and not due to Pakistan and moreover that doesn't justify Chinese proliferation of nukes and missiles to a rogue country.

amoy

We exploded Nukes due to China and not due to Pakistan and moreover that doesn't justify Chinese proliferation of nukes and missiles to a rogue country.
en? China exploded Nucke in 1960's, how came India suddenly woke up and exploded Nuke in 2000's to counter China?

and u call Pak rogue :happy_8: show some respect for your rival

Parthy

Air Warrior
Indian guys here, trust me, if one day India were label as "rogue superpower" by China, you would fee it more enjoyable and hornorable than Indians youself tagged India "India Shining"!
Great power comes with more responsibility. China should learn to be responsible to the rest of the world.. It should not be arrogant bcoz it got its own rare elements... :emot159:

SHASH2K2

en? China exploded Nucke in 1960's, how came India suddenly woke up and exploded Nuke in 2000's to counter China?

and u call Pak rogue :happy_8: show some respect for your rival
I am choooooo impressed by your Knowledge . I am not sure if CCP has censored the nuclear explosion in 1974 .

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
He went on to criticize some other Chinese actions (including its chronically devalued currency), and said this added up to a picture of China as a "rogue economic superpower, unwilling to play by the rules."
Whose rules? The west's? Then how is it a superpower when it plays by someone else's rules?

A superpower is that which makes its own rules. US had neither the guts, nor reason to call USSR a "rogue" superpower back in its day, and USSR definitely didn't play by US' rules.

proud_hindustani

Country flag
USA, Pakistan and China - the most rogue nations in the world. USA showering multi billion dollars aid to pakistan, despite knowing that Pakistan uses em against India. USA is the Harami No.1 in the world and he is playing his cards with India
Pakistan - home of terrorists, will go to any extend to harm India.
China - assisted N.K and Pakistan for development of nuclear missiles. always rogue to india. intruding into indian border

Last edited:

pmaitra

USA, Pakistan and China - the most rogue nations in the world. USA showering multi billion dollars aid to pakistan, despite knowing that Pakistan uses em against India. USA is the Harami No.1 in the world and he is playing his cards with India
Pakistan - home of terrorists, will go to any extend to harm India.
China - assisted N.K and Pakistan for development of nuclear missiles. always rogue to india. intruding into indian border
Your are correct in your analysis my friend, however, let me give you a friendly advise if you don't mind: Let us not use harsh words in a forum like this because it only reflects upon us.

-Regards-

nimo_cn

Country flag
Once again, the nuclear arm race in South Asia was initiated by India, you have to take the consequences.
If India didn't set off the nuclear bomb in the first place, there was no reason for Pakistan to develop nukes, either.

And don't always project your insecurity on China. You need to stop spreading the crap like India developed nukes to deter China, because China has never threatened India with its nukes. On the contrary, we receive nuclear blackmail from India once in while.

India insisted on the development of nukes because it has the ambition of being a superpower, threat from China is just a pretext being conveniently quoted by India to hide its real intentions. Please leave China alone everytime you try to justify your nuclear project as well as your military expansion. Just admit India is doing these because it wants to be a superpower. People should not feel shameful to acknowledge their great ambition. It will make all these discussions easier and make India a respectable rival.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
According to your logic, you can blame USA for Pakistan's nukes. USSR built the bomb to counter USA, then China built the bomb to counter USSR, then India built the bomb to counter China, then China gave the technology to Pak to counter India. You can hardly blame India for starting a nuclear arms race, their arsenal is hardly big enough to wipe out a metropolitan area.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Once again, the nuclear arm race in South Asia was initiated by India, you have to take the consequences.
If India didn't set off the nuclear bomb in the first place, there was no reason for Pakistan to develop nukes, either.

And don't always project your insecurity on China. You need to stop spreading the crap like India developed nukes to deter China, because China has never threatened India with its nukes. On the contrary, we receive nuclear blackmail from India once in while.

India insisted on the development of nukes because it has the ambition of being a superpower, threat from China is just a pretext being conveniently quoted by India to hide its real intentions. Please leave China alone everytime you try to justify your nuclear project as well as your military expansion. Just admit India is doing these because it wants to be a superpower. People should not feel shameful to acknowledge their great ambition. It will make all these discussions easier and make India a respectable rival.
It is true that China threatens no one.

However, given the armed peace situation between India and China, if China explodes a nuke bomb, does it mean that China has peaceful intentions?

If China had peace paramount in its policy, then why have the nuke bomb in a non nuclear neighbourhood?

It is amusing to learn that China has been subjected to 'nuclear blackmail'. It serves none to bandy around figments of imagination and volley it around like cheap Chinese toys!

Quemoy, Tibet, 1962, Ussuri River, Vietnam, Spratleys should ring a bell to indicate who shameless spreads imperialist expansion!

I am sure you have heard of Shen Dingli of China and his expositions.

He surely knows more than a layman like you!

pmaitra

If an insignificant and inutile somebody-from-somewhere like me were given the honour of passing a judgement on this issue, I'd take the opportunity to simply state the following about the People's Republic of China:
  • Superpower? No. Not yet.
  • Rogue? Yes. No doubt about it.

Parthy

Air Warrior
Every country in this world wanted to become a Super Power.. Its not only US, USSR and China.. But the intentions are different.

USA - Want to play a Big-Brother role wherever it goes.
USSR - Mainly to counter USA.
CHINA - 1. Growing ambitions to be a Super power. 2. To counter US 3. To counter Russia and India. 4. For making South China sea only for itself (May be it has its own reasons to protect the fuel lane for its large economy :happy_8:) But that should not affect other country. 5. Want to dominate the world.. And it goes on....
INDIA - Wanted to be a good example for other countries to grow and not to threat any sovereignty over any country.

Specially, INDIA has never threatened sovereignty over any country like China did over Russia, India, Vietnam and Taiwan.. And again the list goes on here.... :emot159:

Parthy

Air Warrior
In this world, everything is balanced. If a Good exists, Evil should be there... And if India exists, China should be there for making India to be Good.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
In this world, everything is balanced. If a Good exists, Evil should be there... And if India exists, China should be there for making India to be Good.
No, the world doesn't see India as good or China as evil. A majority of the world maintains neutrality.

Neutrality = not good, not bad, no stand.

The stability of the world doesn't revolve around truths, only around facts. It's "duniyadari" quite literally.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The world revolves around facts? lol More like perceptions of facts.

nimo_cn

Country flag
It is true that China threatens no one.

However, given the armed peace situation between India and China, if China explodes a nuke bomb, does it mean that China has peaceful intentions?

If China had peace paramount in its policy, then why have the nuke bomb in a non nuclear neighbourhood?

It is amusing to learn that China has been subjected to 'nuclear blackmail'. It serves none to bandy around figments of imagination and volley it around like cheap Chinese toys!

Quemoy, Tibet, 1962, Ussuri River, Vietnam, Spratleys should ring a bell to indicate who shameless spreads imperialist expansion!

I am sure you have heard of Shen Dingli of China and his expositions.

He surely knows more than a layman like you!
So what? Are you implying China explodes that nuclear bomb to deter India? All of a sudden, Chinese nukes become India-specific?

I didn't blame India for developing nuclear weapons. I fully understand India's aspiration for nuclear power, given its ambiton for a super power. China's intention is irrelevant in this regrad, nevertheless India was going to have a nuclear bomb weather China had it or not. China has no aircraft carrier, neither does none of your neighbors, does that stop India from having three deadly offensive aircraft carriers?

I am ok with India's nukes, but i am getting sick of Indians justifying your nuclear development by quoting the baseless nuclear threat from China, blaming China for the nuclear arm race started by yourself. That is so immature.

Grow up, guys, stop acting like a spoiled child.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
So what? Are you implying China explodes that nuclear bomb to deter India? All of a sudden, Chinese nukes become India-specific?
No, it is not India specific but is directed at the encircling nations of China which India is the biggest threat.
I didn't blame India for developing nuclear weapons. I fully understand India's aspiration for nuclear power, given its ambiton for a super power.
Well then, you don't understand India's reasons for being a nuclear power. Its race to build them was perpetrated by Chinese proliferation of nuclear technology. And then, it is only enough to be a symbolic meaning with such a limited arsenal. Nor does its policy include first strike.

China's intention is irrelevant in this regrad, nevertheless India was going to have a nuclear bomb weather China had it or not. China has no aircraft carrier, neither does none of your neighbors, does that stop India from having three deadly offensive aircraft carriers?
China will indeed have aircraft carriers, as well as a fleet of SSBNs, and MIRV warheads. It is only CCPs incompetence that it doesn't have it yet, but its intentions are clear that it wants it. With China spending 3.4% of GDP on defence, it has stated that it wants to be a serious power as most nations spend less than 2%. It has caused an arms race all across Asia with Russia, S. Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam and India all seeking better weapons. If China had really been focused on a peaceful rise, they would not have ballooned defence spending to $150 billion.

I am ok with India's nukes, but i am getting sick of Indians justifying your nuclear development by quoting the baseless nuclear threat from China, blaming China for the nuclear arm race started by yourself. That is so immature.

It is a child that refuses to take responsibility for the consequences of their actions. You are guilty of proliferating nuclear technologies, take responsibility.

pmaitra

Even after the onslaught of the PRC across the Himalayas that resulted in the loss of valuable Indian lives and Indian territory in 1962, any attempt, whatsoever, to suggest that India faces no threat from China, is, to put it mildly, naïve.

India is already thinking about how to handle a potential conflict with both China and Pakistan at the same time. India did face 3 hostile nations in 1971-72, viz. Pakistan, PRC and USA. Had it not been for the USSR, heaven knows what would have happened. We are trying to stay prepared for a similar predicament in the future.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

I didn't blame India for developing nuclear weapons. I fully understand India's aspiration for nuclear power, given its ambiton for a super power. China's intention is irrelevant in this regrad, nevertheless India was going to have a nuclear bomb weather China had it or not. China has no aircraft carrier, neither does none of your neighbors, does that stop India from having three deadly offensive aircraft carriers?

Look who's talking about being a spoilt child! You think barring nuclear weapons Pakistan has any chance of matching us in a full blown war? Had it not been their big daddy the USA and your meddlesome government, Pakistan would have ceased to exist in 1971 itself after we ripped it into 2 fragments. We would have simply prolonged the conventional war enough to tear it limb by limb until it ceased to exist as a single entity. This is the wrong perception that most non-Indian members are getting about India. India's aim was never to dominate or expect slavery from Pakistani government's side. The aim was always to destory Pakistan's ability to militarily or covertly fight or harrow us permanently at least for the next 100 years.

This is what I explained to a couple of Russian members here when we had a discussion on USSR's mistake in Afghan war. Indian military never considered Pakistan a threat. It was an irritant at the most during its peak of being in bed with USA. A threat is something that can actually unbalance a country and that so far, we faced only from your country which means naturally our developments will be China-centric. And since Pakistan doesn't even come close to us let alone you lot, naturally having you covered means an overkill for them. The whole reason Jihadic terrorism started in the state of Kashmir was because Pakistan knew that it could NEVER conventionally take Kashmir and hence it decided that it wouldn't let us peacefully have it either, directing the Afghan warlords into Kashmir for an "Islamic" cause, cleansing the valley off other communities completely.

Our nuclear bombs were obviously for your sake because in 62 we got to know the intention of Chinese form of Communism and after you got your first bomb in 1964, we decided to test our own to keep you at bay from another walk in park invasion. Pakistan since it dwells in medieval Islamic era even today and considers itself as some sort of protector of "Muslim world" (which other Arab and Muslim countries laugh about), thought of getting weapons from you since technically there's almost no nuclear fissile material in Pakistan's territory (at least till that time until recent mines were discovered). The enrichment technology only 1 country was willing to provide and that was China. After acquiring nuclear technology, it needed unmanned delivery platforms which came in the form of North Korea which lacked nuclear capability but designed its own missiles.

Other than China, we don't face any threat in the region. Who's strong enough to combat us other than China in the region? Pakistan? Bangladesh? Iran? No one. Also we don't have any enmity with any other state than Pakistan in the Western sector. Russia and CAR are good friends of ours and despite Bangladesh's encroachment and underhand tactics of Islamist fundamentalism, we don't have an overt enmity with them. Others are friendly states or neutral state in the region. USA has no problems with us either.. for now.

So I am sure it won't take an Einstein to analyse this and say why we developed nuclear bombs.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles