Terror Boat Incident: Parrikar caught in a controversy?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSHO2Sh1ITk&sns=tw[/video]

Coast Guard DIG: I said at night, blow the Pak boat off, we don't want to serve them biryani

Directly contradicting the government's position, a Deputy Inspector General of the Coast Guard said Monday that it was the Coast Guard which blew up the Pakistani boat on the night of December 31, 2014. And that he was the one who ordered: "Blow the boat off"¦We don't want to serve them biryani"¦"

This is the first time that the Coast Guard — in remarks that were recorded — has admitted that it destroyed the suspect boat which, the government claimed, had blown itself up under suspicious circumstances.

Statements and remarks by the MoD, Defence Minister and the Coast Guard had said the boat's crew had set it on fire or were responsible for the explosion that destroyed the boat 365 miles off Porbandar after an hour-long chase by a Coast Guard ship on New Year's Eve.

The Indian Express had reported that intelligence and naval sources had said that evidence suggested "use of disproportionate force" by the Coast Guard. The sources also said the videotape of the burning boat did not appear to show that explosives were on board.

The government's version is now belied by remarks made by DIG B K Loshali — he is also Chief of Staff (North West Region), Coast Guard, Gandhinagar — at a gathering of officials from the Coast Guard and Larsen & Toubro during the launch of Coast Guard interceptor boat ICGS C-421, designed and built by L&T, Surat.

Loshali was speaking in the presence of Coast Guard DIG Sudhir Sahni, in-charge of refit and production; and G Sethy, Deputy Commandant, who are based in Surat. The interceptor boat was formally launched by Loshali's wife Ira Loshali on the L&T premises at Hazira.

"Let me tell you," he said, "I hope you remember 31st December night"¦ we blew off that Pakistan"¦ We have blown them off"¦ I was there at Gandhinagar and I told at night, blow the boat off. We don't want to serve them biryani"¦"

Loshali began his speech saying, "Mujhe speech di gayi thi lekin main mann se baat karoonga (I was given a (written) speech, but I shall speak my mind)."

So far the Ministry of Defence and Coast Guard have been saying that the purported Pakistani fishing boat due for an "illicit transaction at sea" and identified later as Qalandar, had blown itself up.

For more read : Coast Guard DIG: I said at night, blow the Pak boat off, we don't want to serve them biryani | The Indian Express

Reactions: Neo

sgarg

Unnecessary controversy.

The TV channels should leave defence services officers alone. There is no "official statement" or "press release" made by this officer. An impromptu speech at a private function cannot be construed as a serious offense.

Whatever Loshali said or did not say - none of it merits nationwide coverage by the press.

The Indian press continues to show careless and anti-national attitude. This kind of thing does not happen in USA or UK or any other country with so called "freedom of press".

Khagesh

More nonsense reporting.

Parrikar would simply say he will take disciplinary action against the officer and then give him a promotion. Actually that is exactly what they should perhaps do.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Whether they blew themselves up or we blew them, it is secondary to the fact that a potential threat was disposed off.

GoI should let the media cry itself hoarse and simply ignore them or set up an 'inquiry'. :lol:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSHO2Sh1ITk&sns=tw[/video]

Coast Guard DIG: I said at night, blow the Pak boat off, we don't want to serve them biryani

Directly contradicting the government's position, a Deputy Inspector General of the Coast Guard said Monday that it was the Coast Guard which blew up the Pakistani boat on the night of December 31, 2014. And that he was the one who ordered: "Blow the boat off"¦We don't want to serve them biryani"¦"

This is the first time that the Coast Guard — in remarks that were recorded — has admitted that it destroyed the suspect boat which, the government claimed, had blown itself up under suspicious circumstances.

Statements and remarks by the MoD, Defence Minister and the Coast Guard had said the boat's crew had set it on fire or were responsible for the explosion that destroyed the boat 365 miles off Porbandar after an hour-long chase by a Coast Guard ship on New Year's Eve.

The Indian Express had reported that intelligence and naval sources had said that evidence suggested "use of disproportionate force" by the Coast Guard. The sources also said the videotape of the burning boat did not appear to show that explosives were on board.

The government's version is now belied by remarks made by DIG B K Loshali — he is also Chief of Staff (North West Region), Coast Guard, Gandhinagar — at a gathering of officials from the Coast Guard and Larsen & Toubro during the launch of Coast Guard interceptor boat ICGS C-421, designed and built by L&T, Surat.

Loshali was speaking in the presence of Coast Guard DIG Sudhir Sahni, in-charge of refit and production; and G Sethy, Deputy Commandant, who are based in Surat. The interceptor boat was formally launched by Loshali's wife Ira Loshali on the L&T premises at Hazira.

"Let me tell you," he said, "I hope you remember 31st December night"¦ we blew off that Pakistan"¦ We have blown them off"¦ I was there at Gandhinagar and I told at night, blow the boat off. We don't want to serve them biryani"¦"

Loshali began his speech saying, "Mujhe speech di gayi thi lekin main mann se baat karoonga (I was given a (written) speech, but I shall speak my mind)."

So far the Ministry of Defence and Coast Guard have been saying that the purported Pakistani fishing boat due for an "illicit transaction at sea" and identified later as Qalandar, had blown itself up.

For more read : Coast Guard DIG: I said at night, blow the Pak boat off, we don't want to serve them biryani | The Indian Express

What is your view on this issue ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I think they could have done all this in better way, who care for Pakistanis, they could have proper story. From day one their time line didnt match and they were in hurry to prove it.

Compersion

Country flag
it is good that it was indian coast guard + pakis otherwise some might make parallels with Italian marine situation.

sorcerer

Country flag
The crux of the matter is...
Indian administration and the force prevented terrorists from Pakistan landing on this land.
I would say..its good if they were blown up.
Who cares... Alll that matters is they acted up on intel recievd, which is good.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Was the boat a Paki boat? Did it refuse to heed warnings to stop?

If the answer to the above questions is yes, then good that it was blown up.

Secular scum are trying to gain mileage out of this.
Then why did the Ultra Religious scum and his bhakts claim that the boat was blown up by the terrorists themselves ?

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This seems to be another jinned up controversy to defame India and in particular the PM and defense establishment.

[TWEET]568009421663514624[/TWEET]

If this person was not in the chain of command, his words have little bearing. Politics aside, those who seek to use this issue to try to deter such actions in future to prevent potential attacks are anti-national scum and must be shamed in public.

Hope CG does not pay any heed and continue to take due actions in the inevitable future attempts. :thumb:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Terror Boat Incident : Parrikar caught in a controversy ?

My opinion after looking at the video is that, incidents like this are bound to happen when people with little or no public speaking skills are put infront of camera. The guy wanted to make a good opening statements before a speech but failed utterly, you can make out that opening statement by looking at the faces of the audience. Basically there was no reaction from the audience and that opening statement was not appreciated by the audience.

pmaitra

Then why did the Ultra Religious scum and his bhakts claim that the boat was blown up by the terrorists themselves ?
That is a genuine point.

Whatever might have happened, it is never a good thing that GoI says something, and later the Coast Guard gives a divergent version of events.

Whether the boat is Pakistani or not, where is the chain of command?

"Suspicious circumstances?" Of course it is, because the Coast Guard did not inform GoI, so the GoI suspected something.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Parrikar jumped the gun.
I expected you to be more descriptive than using the metaphor.

1. I don't think so. Parikar wouldn't have guessed a lone wolf will come out and claim to have ordered to blast the Pakistani boat.

He said what any MoD should have said to protect India's interest including CG and InN's integrity following vicious theories being floated by usual libratard scums of MSM. Then it was to do with enemy state Pakistan who predictably did his usual lie and deny, fairly supported by their sleeper cell media crooks.

2. Even if he jumped the gun, it is of no consequence to security of Indians.

Your above post gives plenty of clue what is your actual take on this issue.

3 (a). You were absent from that thread where Indian posters where pulling MSM media because MSM was paddling many theories including smuggling, innocent Pakistani nationals but not a single word that a possible threat has been neutralized.

b. Religious scums:

Same old tactic. You mean Hindus and few Sikh Posters. No one in that thread discussed religion or identified themselves as religious.

c. Bhagats: Jibe at PM Modi.

The news was reported by media, and from the word go the MSM was speculative about the News. Unlike coward liberal scums of Indian society the nationalist Indian started attacking the media. The media in their usual systematic way started attacking those posters as BJP supporters, bhagats and Hindus. It is on the records of twitter accounts of ISI rats like Paraveen Swami that they made derogatory remarks against whosoever opposed their POV as Hindus fanatics and what not. When people's religion started getting target then there was no holds bar.

This is the chain of events.

If media crook had not missed the larger picture nothing that sought have happened including calling out poor liberals of India. Who 'Becharey' are good for nothing; usually come out to collect the shrimps following fight between the whales.

Modi never came into picture as MoD himself was attending all the updates.

Political parties like congress-I who got their green and white ''kacchey'' into twist seeing a political point lost to BJP had to jump in and paddle the same logical fallacy of something great wrong done by GOI. Their political jibe were to answered politically. I don't see it make the BJP supporter rationally sinner.

4. Being an OP of this thread I thought you will lead us to present and future not leveling some scores you lost in past, to please Pakistanis on something any Indian should be happy to know that at the end of the day a possible threat was neutralized following a lead and operation of many hours if not days.

The posters who discussed this topic before were never stuck on one theory (like terrorists basting their boat themselves) but many. The larger point was, why it should be of media's concern ? No nation let such operations to be scrutinize like many morons in India because of their political and religious bias tend to.

The only genuine concern after this revelation is to discuses the dysfunctional state of affairs with forces where they can not digest their adventures; not being apologetic about a terrorist boat being destroyed.

Heck even in this revelations which has made many trolls attack Hindus and BJP :rolleyes:, it is clear form the conviction and 'Biryani' reference (Pakistani terrorist Kasab convicted and hanged by Indian courts) the officer made; there was no doubt in his mind that it was a terrorist boat in Indian waters.

Last edited:

sgarg

More than the officer involved here, this video should never have been published. I am shocked how press is carrying it.

As I said earlier, this is neither a press release, nor an official statement.

The officer clearly made a mistake but the officer clearly did not expect that his words will be carried by national press.

If any small event is blown up like this, then this country will become unmanageable.

This incident actually shows the irresponsible attitude of Indian press.

sgarg

Small events lead to big wars. Misunderstandings should be avoided especially in complex situation that exists between India and Pakistan.

I advise all posters to be very sensitive to the fact the war should be avoided as a war between India and Pakistan will invariably involve needless loss of life and property.

Twisting and sensationalizing events does not serve any purpose except inflame passions.

sgarg

We need to trust the minister. The officer has clarified his stand. This should be THE END of this controversy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles