Maharashtra: 4 dead, 50 injured after clashes between two communities

KS

Bye bye DFI
Maharashtra: 4 dead, 50 injured after clashes between two communities in Dhule- Maharashtra- IBNLive

Dhule: Four people were dead and nearly 50 including policemen were injured after clashes broke out between members of two communities at Dhule in Maharashtra on Sunday. The violence started at a hotel and spread to other areas.

Police used water cannons to disperse the mob. The situation was tense but under control. One man is said to have been seriously injured after being hit by a bullet.

The cause of the clash was reportedly a tiff over non-payment of a hotel bill by a group of four people, a senior state official told PTI. After they were beaten up by the hotel staff for failing to pay the bill, they went away and returned with a large group after which the violence escalated, the official said.

The violence started at a hotel reportedly after a tiff over non-payment of a hotel bill by a group of four people.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan has appealed for calm. "The Rapid Action Force has been deployed and the situation is under control at the moment. I appeal to every one to maintain peace and calm," Chavan said.

@nrj @ashdoc @afako..any more details ???

Last edited by a moderator:

parijataka

Country flag
Re: Maharashtra: 4 dead, 50 injured after clashes between two communit

Why media quiet on this.

KS

Bye bye DFI

Looks like it was over the India-Pak cricket match. Now who to believe...DNA or IBNLive ?

1 killed, 200 injured in Dhule riots - Mumbai - DNA

It all started around 3pm following a verbal altercation between two groups of people over a cricket match in the Madhavpura area of the town.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Is the 'two community' the usual euphemism?

I take it that it is.

What caused the same?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

"two-communities" ???

Who it might be? :hmm:

May be Buddhists and Christians? :taunt:

Rage

DFI TEAM

Looks like it was over the India-Pak cricket match. Now who to believe...DNA or IBNLive ?

1 killed, 200 injured in Dhule riots - Mumbai - DNA
The violence was because of some outsiders not paying their hotel bills; a trivial matter which snowballed into something serious God only knows how, had nothing to do with the India-Pak match.

Edit: The violence snowballed because the hotel staff decided to take matters into their own hands, slapped the bunch around and sent them off, only for them to return later with a bigger group and for the arson and rioting to start. Contact in Dhule tells me the casualties are being greatly exaggerated.

Why media quiet on this.
It's all over the news. Saw it on at least three different news channels at a corporate warehouse this morning.

Last edited:

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag

@KS

Wait for some time, Twitter and Niticentral will come out with the Truth which we know!

Remember Miraj Riots?

natarajan

so dnaindia is not reliable ?

Decklander

@KS

Wait for some time, Twitter and Niticentral will come out with the Truth which we know!

Remember Miraj Riots?
Pls ask our grand Diggy Raja, he will tell you that RSS goons started the riots on instructions from Modi to save a secular like Owaisi.

KS

Bye bye DFI

The violence was because of some outsiders not paying their hotel bills; a trivial matter which snowballed into something serious God only knows how, had nothing to do with the India-Pak match.

Edit: The violence snowballed because the hotel staff decided to take matters into their own hands, slapped the bunch around and sent them off, only for them to return later with a bigger group and for the arson and rioting to start. Contact in Dhule tells me the casualties are being greatly exaggerated.
Actually it had something with the cricket match...both DNA and two other tweeple from Dhule have said that the altercation started with the cricket match and then spread to the other areas in town. My gut instinct is that the media has been instructed to water down the issue so as to reduce tensions.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
It was a brawl turned uglier, nothing more than that.

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away

natarajan

Celebrating Pakistan victory by some hard core Indian Muslims is not new ,i have seen many people burst crackers in chennai itself .In tea shops this arguements leads to fight and it starts from school itself.When they argue ,they will ask if you are happy then why you are here and the hard core reply congress wants us and supports us.You can see nehru photos in this hard core people home

parijataka

Country flag

Abu Azmi responsible for Dhule riots ? Police were attacked apparently due to earlier instigation by Muslim leaders led by Abu Azmi to attack police at the next opportunity - SP of police recieved stitches on his cheek after the ASP and SP were attacked by a mob in a narrow alley.

Police probe speeches by politicians

Speeches made by a few Muslim politicians in October 2012, ahead of the municipal elections, are believed to be at the bottom of the riots in Dhule on Sunday that saw four killed and over 200 injured, more than half of them policemen.

The police are probing the "context" and "words" of the speeches and investigating if these could have led to the riots. "We have inputs of a few Muslim politicians inciting a crowd in Dhule and allegedly telling them to attack policemen and officers at the next opportunity. We do not know the reason behind this, but this will be probed," Director General of Police Sanjeev Dayal said.

According to sources, the politicians were led by Abu Azmi, Mumbai unit president of the Samajwadi Party. Azmi told The Indian Express: "I don't remember the context of the speech made. I would not use words like these. I said the police are being unfair to Muslims. Innocent men are being put behind bars. The government should do something. Police should get punished. This is what I say everywhere and I am sure I said the same in Dhule in October 2012."

When asked if the police had called him for questioning, he said, "Nobody has called me yet."According to Dayal, Sunday's violence was intense and spread very fast.

Responding to allegations by the Muslim community that the police could have avoided firing, Dayal said his men resorted to it after they were attacked. "Over 113 policemen were attacked, with 48 seriously injured and admitted. The superintendent has incurred four stitches on his cheek. ASP and deputy SP were attacked by a mob in a narrow alley with stones and all sorts of things," said Dayal.

He added that all the allegations will be probed. An additional district magistrate has been asked to look into the police firing. The police are also probing reports of "private firing".

Sabir

DFI TEAM

Celebrating Pakistan victory by some hard core Indian Muslims is not new ,i have seen many people burst crackers in chennai itself .In tea shops this arguements leads to fight and it starts from school itself.When they argue ,they will ask if you are happy then why you are here and the hard core reply congress wants us and supports us.You can see nehru photos in this hard core people home
There are Muslims who support Pakistan during Indo-Pak match. They claim Muslims are not treated fairly or not given opportunities and blah blah to justify their stance.

Another common practice is to single out Muslim students in class and declare them Pakistani supporters and spies. Surprisingly it happen in lower classes generally. When the kids grow up they generally avoid this. Probably they realised it could hurt feeling of their mates. It happened with me when I was in 5th or 6th standard. My brother was almost suspended from one of the most famous school in Kolkata after getting involved in to a fist fight with his classmate who had called him a Pakistani spy. However , when the head master came to know about it, the boy and his family members were scolded severely.

Raj30

Our @shivsBharat reports about Dhule riots. How it started ? (with tweets) · nationalizer · Storify

Last edited by a moderator:

Raj30

Dhule riots: Police probe speeches by politicians - Indian Express Mobile
Dhule riots: Police probe speeches by politicians

Speeches made by a few Muslim politicians in October 2012, ahead of the municipal elections, are believed to be at the bottom of the riots in Dhule on Sunday that saw four killed and over 200 injured, more than half of them policemen.
The police are probing the "context" and "words" of the speeches and investigating if these could have led to the riots. "We have inputs of a few Muslim politicians inciting a crowd in Dhule and allegedly telling them to attack policemen and officers at the next opportunity. We do not know the reason behind this, but this will be probed," Director General of Police Sanjeev Dayal said.

According to sources, the politicians were led by Abu Azmi, Mumbai unit president of the Samajwadi Party. Azmi told The Indian Express: "I don't remember the context of the speech made. I would not use words like these. I said the police are being unfair to Muslims. Innocent men are being put behind bars. The government should do something. Police should get punished. This is what I say everywhere and I am sure I said the same in Dhule in October 2012."

When asked if the police had called him for questioning, he said, "Nobody has called me yet."According to Dayal, Sunday's violence was intense and spread very fast.

Responding to allegations by the Muslim community that the police could have avoided firing, Dayal said his men resorted to it after they were attacked. "Over 113 policemen were attacked, with 48 seriously injured and admitted. The superintendent has incurred four stitches on his cheek. ASP and deputy SP were attacked by a mob in a narrow alley with stones and all sorts of things," said Dayal.

He added that all the allegations will be probed. An additional district magistrate has been asked to look into the police firing. The police are also probing reports of "private firing".

natarajan

There are Muslims who support Pakistan during Indo-Pak match. They claim Muslims are not treated fairly or not given opportunities and blah blah to justify their stance.

Another common practice is to single out Muslim students in class and declare them Pakistani supporters and spies. Surprisingly it happen in lower classes generally. When the kids grow up they generally avoid this. Probably they realised it could hurt feeling of their mates. It happened with me when I was in 5th or 6th standard. My brother was almost suspended from one of the most famous school in Kolkata after getting involved in to a fist fight with his classmate who had called him a Pakistani spy. However , when the head master came to know about it, the boy and his family members were scolded severely.
I agree with you but also reverse will also happen if a class has more muslims

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles