30 Million Bangladeshi Living in India illegally due to Vote Bank Politics : Court

Galaxy

Country flag
Court: Bangla immigrant votes hamper eviction

Jan 25, 2012

NEW DELHI: A trial court has criticized the government for indulging in "petty votebank politics" and preventing action against three crore Bangladeshi nationals, who are illegally staying in the country and enjoying the benefits meant for the citizens of this land.

"It is unfortunate that while genuine citizens of this country continue to suffer in abject poverty, it is petty votebank politics which prevents a firm, resolute and intense government action against the three crore Bangladeshi nationals staying illegally in our country, enjoying the benefits which otherwise are the entitlements of citizens, thereby compelling the courts to step in," additional sessions judge Kamini Lau said.

More @ TOI

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
At least someone has the guts to see reality.

Has the Govt got guts to do something about it?

KS

Bye bye DFI
Kudos to the brave judge.

I hope the courts pitch in more aggressively in this issue which left unchecked can pose serious threat to the unity, security and integrity of this country.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
What he is saying is correct although there's no mention of the figure.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Send em' back.

Though God knows how many of them already have Indian identification cards by now. Some of them may have stayed in the nation from more than one generation. Impossible situation, really. :tsk:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What he is saying is correct although there's no mention of the figure.
The govts (Centre and States that border) does not want to be embarrassed that they are impotent or encouraging the influx and so the figure will not be there in the public domain!

Votes!

Galaxy

Country flag
Actually, I am shocked.

I always use to refer 20 Millions Bangladeshi who living in India illegally. But Actually, It's 30 Million and i will take this as fact since court said.

This is going to be huge problem for us. Due to vote-bank politics, Few political parties like Congress are destroying our nation.

On one side, we have large no. of poor peoples and on other side 30 Million? WTF. Very depressing & sad thing to know. :sad:

Param

Are a majority of these people ethnic Bengalis or ethnic Biharis who moved there during partition?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Are a majority of these people ethnic Bengalis or ethnic Biharis who moved there during partition?
They are poverty stricken Bangladeshis who do not know who they are and pretend to be Hindus!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Send them to china...then they will know chinis in there real form :D

Galaxy

Country flag
They are poverty stricken Bangladeshis who do not know who they are and pretend to be Hindus!
Few days back, I took Rickshaw to reach nearby metro to avoid driving. I felt that Rickshaw wala is Bangladeshi. So, I asked. He said "He is Hindu from Malda". I wondered why he said "He is Hindu" when i didn't even asked. Later on by asking few more question by being friendly. He confessed he is Muslims and from Bangladesh. He is living in Delhi along with 200 odd other fellows in XYZ locality. There is one person some Iqbal in Jama masjid area who helps them to live here by taking some money and do provide everything to live here including ID cards.

Also, I noticed - Bangladeshi Bengali are not same like W.B. There is some difference in language. Anyhow, They are even disgracing Bengali Hindus of W.B. who are actually totally different and doing pretty well at least in my locality.

Zoravar

Lol there's a whole Basti of them near my colony.Even small b.d. kids are thieves as my dad's friend told me through an incident that involved his sister.

SLASH

I think the judge has exaggerated the figure to prove a point. 30 million is way too much. That would be around 20% of bangladesh population. Not possible...

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Lol there's a whole Basti of them near my colony.Even small b.d. kids are thieves as my dad's friend told me through an incident that involved his sister.
Is that incident of theft a major one ?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles