Indian Navy Playing Catch-up with China

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You have provided non of the links i asked for, Nor you have explained your points with links to claim anything..

I wont give much attention to some who thinks destroyer are equivalent to CV and theoretically replacing them with destroyers..

--------
--------

PLAN is a coastal force which is now projecting itself for blue navy capability, Where as IN started in late 80s..

I've never claimed the PLAN was a blue water navy. I've said from the beginning that they are a green water navy and provided links to verify my claim that both the IN and PLAN are green water navies working towards blue water operations...

J20!

Country flag
You have provided non of the links i asked for, Nor you have explained your points with links to claim anything..

I wont give much attention to some who thinks destroyer are equivalent to CV and theoretically replacing them with destroyers..

--------
--------

PLAN is a coastal force which is now projecting itself for blue navy capability, Where as IN started in late 80s..
Now you're just making things up to avoid answering questions... Show me the post where I said a destroyer can equal a CV.... And when has the PLAN ever claimed to be a blue water navy? They've said many times that they're working on developing a blue water navy with the carrier programme and the likes, but apparently you're too educated for the likes of me.

But whatever you say dude, I'm tired of arguing with a brick wall. The PLAN is a brown water navy faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar smaller and inferior to the IN.. Our tech is shambles next to your all mighty creations... And our sailors just fishermen compared to the mighty IN's technocrat college graduates.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am aware of brown,blue and the latest, green water navies.

Am I do understand that the Chinese have a Rainbow colour navy?

If so,what could that be?

satish007

I am aware of brown,blue and the latest, green water navies.

Am I do understand that the Chinese have a Rainbow colour navy?

If so,what could that be?
RainBow color Navy means Chinese have good ships, but nobody like Chinese, so if they use navy to deal with Indian.
Japs, Vietnam, PH and US are pleased to surround them. only Chinese now can do is mouth fighting. I notce J20 and some Chinese forumers English getting better and better, J20 now is able to post very long post, good for him.

Last edited:

Bheeshma

Why are we arguing with a fool who believes China exercising with their own ships within their coast's has the same amount of competence or experience as IN that undertakes 6 major naval exercises every two years with some of the best navies in the world, viz Malabar, Varuna, Indra, Konkan, Sindex and IBSAMAR. The chinese navy has never undertaken a deterrent patrol, the Type-54 frigates are a joke only desperate navies like PN look forward to and same goes for qing class. Even withing SEA countries have more advanced subs than PLAN. Indonesia (Type-209), Vietnam (Kilo-636), Malaysia (Scorpene) and RSN (Archer/Challenger class).

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I find this quite strange. In fact, Naval forces are the only forces where our military has an edge against PLAN. The article seems to not take into notice our dominance of the region and the timely inductions done by the navy to ensure supremacy in IOR. Navy has a very disciplined approach towards indigenous and foreign acquisitions in relative time limit (barring Vikramaditya issue).

RedDragon

China navy and India navy, one is less experience with more budget the other one is more experience with less budget. Which one is strong? I think it will depend the situation and environment of the conflict.

But I think if the "one is less experience with more budget the other one is more experience with less budget" is true, then the title should be the "China is catching up with India".

bose

Country flag
Chinees Navy will be confined to South China Sea [SCS] only making the vital sea lane through the Strait of Malacca under the Indian Navy watch full eyes... Chineese Navy will struggle to face off the combined USA, Japan and South Korean Navy... now even Vietnam is also acquiring the latest Russian subs to counter Chinees...

Let China first secure its own A$$ first in its backyard. Indian Navy had no one to catch up let it grow as it is now... In next 10 years the Indian Navy will rule over this reagion.

satish007

But I think if the "one is less experience with more budget the other one is more experience with less budget" is true, then the title should be the "China is catching up with India".
PLA Navy need to impore English, Indian able to learn faster because they can study otherr countries navy's log , suck the knowledge without any problem. PLA Navy playing catch-up with India

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Chinees Navy will be confined to South China Sea [SCS] only making the vital sea lane through the Strait of Malacca under the Indian Navy watch full eyes... Chineese Navy will struggle to face off the combined USA, Japan and South Korean Navy... now even Vietnam is also acquiring the latest Russian subs to counter Chinees...

Let China first secure its own A$$ first in its backyard. Indian Navy had no one to catch up let it grow as it is now... In next 10 years the Indian Navy will rule over this reagion.

I hope every bhai is as smart as you. Very well said. It is the Chinese who needs to catch up if there is any catching up existing.
Indian navy should and will enjoy the sole superiority on INDIAN ocean. We salute you.

mikhail

Country flag
I hope every bhai is as smart as you. Very well said. It is the Chinese who needs to catch up if there is any catching up existing.
Indian navy should and will enjoy the sole superiority on INDIAN ocean. We salute you.
hello my little chicom:panda: friend,it seems that you are again trolling in this forum:laugh:.did you get your stipulated 50 cents today from the CCCP or did they ground you for such poor trolling performance in DFI:pound:!

bose

Country flag
I hope all chineese are not as stupid as you... read my post again... I would sugest you to take english classes...

On the bolded part Indian Navy will control / dominate the Indian Ocean Region [IOR] no doubt about it and you [I mean CHINA] have to live with it... If you try to be SMART in the IOR region... then it will invite Indian Navy into South China Sea [SCS] I am sure CHINA will not like it...

Rest of the your post are un adultrated BS...

debasree

Country flag
we should have strong navy & airpower we cant match them no by no but can beat them in quality

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Indian forces always pushed on tactics despite lack of both quality and quantity..

As long as Andaman and Nicobar is there, IN have a upper hand in the region..

we should have strong navy & airpower we cant match them no by no but can beat them in quality

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
question is can PLA navy, reached out to take war into India ocean. Indian Navy can take on anything which PLA-N can throw at it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Before accomplishing a task there are Objectives to archive, in case of IN vs PLAN show, PLAN cannot archive supremacy it needed to conduct further operations, the needed quality is already functional..

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Well the Chinese must understand one thing...a hostile Indian ocean is a curse to world trade. So the Chinese are not going to make IOR a dangerous place as most of the oil trade and transport passes from the Straits of Malacca through the Straits of Hormuz. So it would be better for the Chinese to let the status quo stay till they are in a position of power to talk about this.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles