INS Vishal (IAC- II) Aircraft Carrier - Flattop or Ski Jump

archie

Country flag
Is that P8i Flanked by Mig 29k.. ?? what is the 3rd aircraft.. AJT??

visitor

With the pakfa didn't india spend 6 billion on this project?
Surely that would give india the choice of vetoing who this aircraft is sold to?

visitor

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought load/range were what mattered to you; guess that only applies in comparison to the F-35C. Come to think about it, most of the comparisons I've seen to the F-35 here are rather selective. Always with the "doesn't have the kinematics of X" or "doesn't have the range of Y" or "isn't as *stealthy* as Z." The *stealth* part is especially amusing; I've always wondered where so many people learned how to eyeball RCS models from photographs.
There has been speculation that russia is thinking hard about selling F-35 too china as they dont want it reverse engineered, and also reproduced and sold on as j- something or other, were china makes money on something it did not create.

visitor

Also there is talk of autonoumous aircraft, the americans are launching such uav's from their ships, and this may be the future of war fare.

Gessler

Country flag
With the pakfa didn't india spend 6 billion on this project?
Surely that would give india the choice of vetoing who this aircraft is sold to?
We're investing in developing a specialized version of the PAK-FA that is tailored to our needs. This project is called the FGFA, or sometimes referred to as PMF (Prospective Multirole Fighter).

The PAK-FA you see flying now is a totally Russian-owned development and they can give it to whomever they like. Ofcourse India has great political relations with Russia and they know it as well.

That said, it is pretty much clear off the record that the money invested by India could be used by the Russians to carry forward production of PAK-FAs for it's own air force.

visitor

4 questions sir...

1) Why are nuke reactors used to produce steam for propulsion? Why not produce electricity instead and use electric motors for propulsion?

2) For INS Vikrant, 4 General Electric LM2500+ gas turbines driving two shafts will provide a total power of 80MW. The Arihant reactor produces 83MW. Can it be retrofitted later to reclaim more hangar space?

3) For INS Vishal, would 2 of the 83MW reactors suffice or would need bigger reactors?

4) Are there any bigger reactors planned? of what power? What stage of development?
The steam is used to turn a turbine which produces electricity, which runs the electric motors and other electric things.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles