INS Vishal (IAC- II) Aircraft Carrier

Liked
    4848 times
    Wales

Re: INS Vishal (IAC- II) Aircraft Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Kunal Biswas View Post
    And why you posted that pic here..

Its a Chinese fanboy design..
    before posting the pic i didnt notice it......
    Kunal Biswas likes this.
    [COLOR="red"][B]"She (India) has left indelible imprints on one fourth of the human race in the course of a long succession of centuries. She has the right to reclaim ... her place amongst the great nations summarizing and symbolizing the spirit of humanity. From Persia to the Chinese sea, from the icy regions of Siberia to Islands of Java and Borneo, India has propagated her beliefs, her tales, and her civilization!"
    Sylvia Levi[/B][/COLOR]

Liked
    281 times
    India

Next indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vishal should be nuclear powered with CATOBAR system.

Liked
    42 times
    India

Quote Originally Posted by Abhijeet Dey View Post
    Next indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vishal should be nuclear powered with CATOBAR system.
    If we opt for a Nuclear Powered Carrier now, we wont See Vishal ready before 2030..

Liked
    281 times
    India

Quote Originally Posted by rohit b3 View Post
    If we opt for a Nuclear Powered Carrier now, we wont See Vishal ready before 2030..
    If possible India could take help from France & United States in the same way Russia helped us in INS Arihant.

I have heard France (DCNS) is helping Brazil in developing the latter's first nuclear powered submarine. DCNS already has presence in indian shipbuilding industry (MDL Mumbai & Pipavav Gujarat). Though it took 12 years for DCNS to build France's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier (Charles de Gaulle) the time taken can be reduced with French assistance.

upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2013/03/04/Brazils-submarine-project-well-on-way/UPI-76321362436162/

Liked
    4030 times
    India

Bro, I know that we have a bit relaxed definition of time but we are not that bad also as you make us out. 2022-25 is my window for IAC-2.
    Abhijeet Dey likes this.

Liked
    42 times
    India

@Abhijeet Dey @Decklander

We will have completed INS Vikrant, a 40,000 tons conventional carrier, in 9 years at the earliest.

Correct me if i am wrong, INS Vishal's kneel wont be laid before INS Vikrant is commissioned (if it would commence construction earlier,that would be great!!) . So do you think we would make a 65000 Tons CATOBAR Nuclear Carrier in 7 Years? Even with some help from the French?

I am no expert, but looking at how many countries in the world have a Nuke Carrier only gives me an idea of The challenges of making a Nuclear Powered Carrier, its Cost,etc

I would just hope they complete a Non nuke 65k tons INS Vishal in 7 years(2018-2025) and full fills IN's plan to have 3 Carriers.

Personally, i hope they should start the construction of Vishal ASAP, not waiting till 2018. If they opt for a nuke Carrier, im sure several changes have to be made to the already completed design of Vishal which will only delay it.

We have heard of last minute changes in requirements by the IN, which has only delayed projects.

Liked
    4030 times
    India

@Abhijeet Dey @Decklander

We will have completed INS Vikrant, a 40,000 tons conventional carrier, in 9 years at the earliest.

Correct me if i am wrong, INS Vishal's kneel wont be laid before INS Vikrant is commissioned (if it would commence construction earlier,that would be great!!) . So do you think we would make a 65000 Tons CATOBAR Nuclear Carrier in 7 Years? Even with some help from the French?

I am no expert, but looking at how many countries in the world have a Nuke Carrier only gives me an idea of The challenges of making a Nuclear Powered Carrier, its Cost,etc

I would just hope they complete a Non nuke 65k tons INS Vishal in 7 years(2018-2025) and full fills IN's plan to have 3 Carriers.

Personally, i hope they should start the construction of Vishal ASAP, not waiting till 2018. If they opt for a nuke Carrier, im sure several changes have to be made to the already completed design of Vishal which will only delay it.

We have heard of last minute changes in requirements by the IN, which has only delayed projects.
    IAC-2 was supposed to be CATOBAR but its propulsion and type of CAT still needs to decided. I am pretty sure that IN wud have created two internal designs for such an eventuality. Originally, the steel cutting was supposed to start for IAC-2 the day IAC-1 gets launched.
    WMD likes this.

Liked
    145 times
    India

Will CSl be able to handle a 65000 tonne vessel?

Liked
    4030 times
    India

Quote Originally Posted by rvjpheonix View Post
    Will CSl be able to handle a 65000 tonne vessel?
    As of now, only they can.
    rvjpheonix likes this.

Liked
    281 times
    India

India mulls options for nuclear-powered aircraft carrier
    defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-navy/53238-india-mulls-options-nuclear-powered-aircraft-carrier.html

Liked
    4030 times
    India

Quote Originally Posted by Abhijeet Dey View Post
    India mulls options for nuclear-powered aircraft carrier
    defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-navy/53238-india-mulls-options-nuclear-powered-aircraft-carrier.html
    Let me tell you how it happens.
    A ship designed for steam boilers or for gas turbines need same kind of huge engine rooms to house the machinery. The volume is nearly same but the floor density varies. A nuke ship and non nuke ship have many things in common except that instead of boilers, they have nuke reactor using molten metal to generate steam but the propulsion down the steam generation is same. Now when the floor density changes, the CG also changes, you have to find ways to trim the ship. What happens is that the tanks used for storing fuel for steam ships get converted for keeping water and other tanks get converted to ATF tanks for ac. That restores the balance and CG of the ship. It is not so easy as I made it out to be but if you have a design ready, you know what needs to be done to restore balance.
    arnabmit and nirranj like this.

Liked
    281 times
    India

A nuclear aircraft carrier is meant for power projection around the globe because of its unlimited supply of nuclear power & capability to take more number of aircrafts. I think the only reason why we should go for nuclear powered aircraft carrier is not Pakistan but to protect India's interests in other countries.

On December 2012 Admiral D K Joshi had warned China that Indian Navy will be deployed in South China Sea to protect India's interests such as oil exploration by ONGC. He also talked of "freedom of navigation in internal waters and protection of our internal assets" which means Indian Navy is taking the role of police (like US Navy). Fighting in South China Sea (and for that matter against China) is suicidal for the Indian Navy given the huge naval assets of PLA Navy.

defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-navy/44756-indian-navy-intervene-south-china-sea-if-required.html

Liked
    207 times
    India

Fighting Indian navy is suicidal for chinese navy. They should stick to 50 km from their shores. They simply don't have any ships capable of taking on IN, Less said about the joke of a carrier they have the better.
    Decklander likes this.

Liked
    4448 times
    India

There are a lot of butt hurt people around the world making accusations that it is just hull to a missile will sink it to that usa/russia gifted it and we cant make it ourselves to the age old tripe that why are we building it when we have poor people

It means we are on correct path
    arnabmit and rvjpheonix like this.
    If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Liked
    4030 times
    India

Quote Originally Posted by Bheeshma View Post
    Fighting Indian navy is suicidal for chinese navy. They should stick to 50 km from their shores. They simply don't have any ships capable of taking on IN, Less said about the joke of a carrier they have the better.
    What IN can achieve is a complete blockade of IOR and sea denial of complete SCS. Sea Denial is different from sea control. In sea denial you raise the stakes so high thru use of subs and other assets like fighters that enemy has to pay a very very high cost for using those sea lanes.
    Kunal Biswas, Bheeshma and nirranj like this.

Thread Information