INS Vishal (IAC- II) Aircraft Carrier - Flattop or Ski Jump

avinashkumar2004

The lead Vikrant class carrier (IAC-I) is not complete even 40%, and they are facing too many problems .... लगता है बच्चों का खिलौना बन कर रह गया है ... एक पुर्जा जोड़ते हैं और पानी में डाल कर देखते हैं ... ऐसे तो हमें 2020 से पहले इसके तैयार होने की उम्मीद भी छोड़ देनी चाहिए | अमेरिका छोटे जहाजों के लिए जान बूझ कर ही घटिया टरबाइन बनाता है .... लेकिन उससे बढ़िया और किसी के पास है भी नहीं ... खुद के लिए तो उसने उच्च गुणवत्ता के टरबाइन बना रखे हैं जो निमित्ज क्लास के जहाजों में लगता है | अभी तो भारत का दूसरा स्वदेशी विमान वाहक पोत कागज़ पर भी नहीं बना है ... विमान वाहक, भारत के infrastructure हिसाब से एक मुश्किल चुनौती ही है |

Last edited:

avinashkumar2004

Why would anybody prefer the far less capable Rafale over the F-35???
First of all go and study about the features of F-35, only good thing about it is that it can vertically takeoff ,,, Rafale will beat it in all other features , be it speed, range or any other field

Crusader53

First of all go and study about the features of F-35, only good thing about it is that it can vertically takeoff ,,, Rafale will beat it in all other features , be it speed, range or any other field

Funny, that some of the best experts in the field of Military Aviation disagree with you.

trackwhack

Funny, that some of the best experts in the field of Military Aviation disagree with you.
why dont you peddle your wares after you get the thing in your navy. i've not seen any other american defence product being so desperately marketed. sounds like a clear case of we have no money left.

its also interesting that the yanks consider the technology in the javelin missile so critical that they wont sell it to us. yet they are willing to sell their premier 5th plus gen fighter to anyone who can cough up some money. basic reasoning skills and you arrive at only one conclusion. the f35 is a lemon. its an overengineered platform that has to cut corners on every design aspect to accommodate its multi-role capability. may end up being good for aerial tours of the amamzon.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
With F-35 Americans want to repeat success of F-16 in overlap, many times over, which is reasonable except with fact that rest of world which what they love to call 3rd world has become relatively capable and self dependent.

Well Rafale is just 4th gen in front of 5th gen F-35, only reason why we are not buying F-35 is because we want to develop a 5th gen fighter which by design fall in same weight class.

Last edited:

wuzetian

Pipavav should already have the capacity to build a 75k tonne carrier as they are already building VLCC's
But Pipav is a private shipyard isn't it ?? If the order is given to Pipav instead of a govt owned shipyard then allegations of corruption etc will dog the construction efforts .

wuzetian

The lead Vikrant class carrier (IAC-I) is not complete even 40%, and they are facing too many problems .... लगता है बच्चों का खिलौना बन कर रह गया है ... एक पुर्जा जोड़ते हैं और पानी में डाल कर देखते हैं ... ऐसे तो हमें 2020 से पहले इसके तैयार होने की उम्मीद भी छोड़ देनी चाहिए | अमेरिका छोटे जहाजों के लिए जान बूझ कर ही घटिया टरबाइन बनाता है .... लेकिन उससे बढ़िया और किसी के पास है भी नहीं ... खुद के लिए तो उसने उच्च गुणवत्ता के टरबाइन बना रखे हैं जो निमित्ज क्लास के जहाजों में लगता है | अभी तो भारत का दूसरा स्वदेशी विमान वाहक पोत कागज़ पर भी नहीं बना है ... विमान वाहक, भारत के infrastructure हिसाब से एक मुश्किल चुनौती ही है |
Please dont talk about things you dont know . In 2011 i got several opportunities to walk inside and out of the hull of IAC-1 in the building dock of Cochin Shipyard then itself more than 90% of the hull work was over , the remaining work then was cabling and fitting of auxillaries which would have been easily finished by now after the hull was launched into the water in Dec 2011 . Trust me when i say that compared to Mazagon Docks and Goa Shipyard the work culture and product quality is much advanced . You can see the IAC-1 moored in CSL when u cross the Venduruthy Bridge from Southern Naval Command at Wellington Island to Ernakulam , work is going on briskly and the on August 12th the ship will set sail for Mumbai for weapons and sensor integration

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Next indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vishal should be nuclear powered with CATOBAR system. :yey:

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
If we opt for a Nuclear Powered Carrier now, we wont See Vishal ready before 2030..
If possible India could take help from France & United States in the same way Russia helped us in INS Arihant.

I have heard France (DCNS) is helping Brazil in developing the latter's first nuclear powered submarine. DCNS already has presence in indian shipbuilding industry (MDL Mumbai & Pipavav Gujarat). Though it took 12 years for DCNS to build France's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier (Charles de Gaulle) the time taken can be reduced with French assistance.

upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2013/03/04/Brazils-submarine-project-well-on-way/UPI-76321362436162/

rohit b3

Country flag
@Abhijeet Dey @Decklander

We will have completed INS Vikrant, a 40,000 tons conventional carrier, in 9 years at the earliest.

Correct me if i am wrong, INS Vishal's kneel wont be laid before INS Vikrant is commissioned (if it would commence construction earlier,that would be great!!) . So do you think we would make a 65000 Tons CATOBAR Nuclear Carrier in 7 Years? Even with some help from the French?

I am no expert, but looking at how many countries in the world have a Nuke Carrier only gives me an idea of The challenges of making a Nuclear Powered Carrier, its Cost,etc

I would just hope they complete a Non nuke 65k tons INS Vishal in 7 years(2018-2025) and full fills IN's plan to have 3 Carriers.

Personally, i hope they should start the construction of Vishal ASAP, not waiting till 2018. If they opt for a nuke Carrier, im sure several changes have to be made to the already completed design of Vishal which will only delay it.

We have heard of last minute changes in requirements by the IN, which has only delayed projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Decklander

@Abhijeet Dey @Decklander

We will have completed INS Vikrant, a 40,000 tons conventional carrier, in 9 years at the earliest.

Correct me if i am wrong, INS Vishal's kneel wont be laid before INS Vikrant is commissioned (if it would commence construction earlier,that would be great!!) . So do you think we would make a 65000 Tons CATOBAR Nuclear Carrier in 7 Years? Even with some help from the French?

I am no expert, but looking at how many countries in the world have a Nuke Carrier only gives me an idea of The challenges of making a Nuclear Powered Carrier, its Cost,etc

I would just hope they complete a Non nuke 65k tons INS Vishal in 7 years(2018-2025) and full fills IN's plan to have 3 Carriers.

Personally, i hope they should start the construction of Vishal ASAP, not waiting till 2018. If they opt for a nuke Carrier, im sure several changes have to be made to the already completed design of Vishal which will only delay it.

We have heard of last minute changes in requirements by the IN, which has only delayed projects.
IAC-2 was supposed to be CATOBAR but its propulsion and type of CAT still needs to decided. I am pretty sure that IN wud have created two internal designs for such an eventuality. Originally, the steel cutting was supposed to start for IAC-2 the day IAC-1 gets launched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WMD

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
India mulls options for nuclear-powered aircraft carrier
defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-navy/53238-india-mulls-options-nuclear-powered-aircraft-carrier.html

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles