Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Russians army have learn their lessons from Gulf war, that is why they dont want T 90 tank as their MBT, instead they want T 95 tank which provide protection to crew. IA want this T 95 tank, but they dont want Arjun tank which provide crew protection is avaliable to IA whereas for T 95 FMBT will take few more years before first prototype will be tested.

It appears that their is too much thirst for votka, it appears that they will take their votka, by what ever means.

vishal_lionheart

I firmly belive that is all is not going well in Indian Army, there might be lot of corruption and which protect the foreign outdated machines, I heard that even russian army dont want T 90 but prefer to T95 as mbt. But our big corrupt military officiers and their politicial supporters dont want Indian made machine, for few % they always put their interest before national interest. Can anyone think, that Westorn countries or Even Russia, will buy Indian Machine in near future?
We should have to trust in Our scientiest, their hardwork and SWADESHI machines, If we dont support it then who will support?
It definetely motivate our scientiest and save valuable foreign currency
BE INDIAN AND BUY INDIAN

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The question someone should put t the IA now is

I fully agree with you guys that the Arjun cannot serve your purpose past 2020 but what tells you that the T-90 will?if the T-90 cannot serve your purpose beyond 2020 as well why do you order only 124 Arjuns and 1500+ Bhisma's?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
the person in question (DGMF) is receving keys of ARjun on behalf of IA..........

look on his face is priceless, if Arjun wins, it wont be hard to imagine what he will feel.

vishal_lionheart

ARJUN is one of the best TANK, It come in reality after decade years experiences and latest tech of indian scientiest.
It surely OUTPERFORM that OUTDATED RUSSIAN machines.
IT has meet all the points that needed for BEST MBT.
WE CAN MAKE IT TRANCHES OR BLOCKS for further IMPROVMENTS and FUTURE UPGRADATION.
It also MOTIVATE and make CONFIDENCE in our scientiest about future technologies.
Look outside Chinese, Russian, Europians and American always backed their PRODUCTS and SCIENTIEST.
My Best wishes for ARJUN, Hope our dreams come true.
You can not become world POWER with outsiders support. You should have to enough confidence and FAITH in yourself, to become world power.

Agantrope

ARJUN is one of the best TANK, It come in reality after decade years experiences and latest tech of indian scientiest.
It surely OUTPERFORM that OUTDATED RUSSIAN machines.
IT has meet all the points that needed for BEST MBT.
WE CAN MAKE IT TRANCHES OR BLOCKS for further IMPROVMENTS and FUTURE UPGRADATION.
It also MOTIVATE and make CONFIDENCE in our scientiest about future technologies.
Look outside Chinese, Russian, Europians and American always backed their PRODUCTS and SCIENTIEST.
My Best wishes for ARJUN, Hope our dreams come true.
You can not become world POWER with outsiders support. You should have to enough confidence and FAITH in yourself, to become world power.
T-90 is an heavily upgraded T-72 with better armour.

No Problem with T-90 in order to maintain the armour division strength, but the problem comes when it goes ditching the arjun.

Arjun is bumper lottery that can be used as a replacement for aging T-72 fleets.

DGMF is the one who reject Karna (tank-EX) without seeing that even ion papers. T-95 is new lollypop in front of DGMF eyes.

T-95 weighs nearly 56+ tonnes
Arjun weighs 58 tonnes

Lets see what the big picture :thank_you2:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
may i also add that T 90 does not have BMS, while the work on next generation BMS is going on which will form part of Arjun MK-II and future Arjun tank upgrades.

as far investing in T 95 is concern, it would be better to stick to Arjun MK-II and make III based on F-MBT platform.

i wont mind if DRDO use my concept of the same :bb::gun:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
it is combination of israel and russian concept........... i have added what we learn from Arjun.......

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Haven't the comparative trials happen already

Also under construction at HVF are 124 units of the Indian locally-designed Arjun MBT, which recently underwent comparative trials with the T-72 and T-90S. These desert trials, it is learned, were fairly successful which has pushed the army to raise the initial order to 250 enough for six regiments with a possible product improved order for another 250 as Mark II version.

FORCE - A Complete News Magazine on National Security - Defence Magazine

himanshugoswami

one of the biggest issues with Arjun is its 60 tonne weight, which limits its role in forward operations, esp over bridges.

However, the tank per se has been rated highly by the officers who have used it. there are two regments that I know of at least that are switching over to Arjuns in the near future.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
However, the tank per se has been rated highly by the officers who have used it. there are two regments that I know of at least that are switching over to Arjuns in the near future.
love to hear feed back from the crew and officers of the IA who have used this tank, if you have any info, formal or informal, please do share the same.

thanks in advance........

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
Guys what if all this non acceptence is just issued for public consumption only

neo29

All those with the bridge crossing issue of arjun, since its around 60 tons , what if the enemy country has bridge of 40 tons bearable weight ?? or a deep river to cross ??? will our tanks stop and return back ??

so basically its hard to make tanks of specific weight for operation in our country and other countries in 2 different classes. thats when AVLB ( Armoured vehicle launched bridge) is used and india has quite a number of them.

Hope the heavy weight issue is resolved and not spoken of against arjun tank again.

firechameleon

yeah here is my concept of Arjun MK-III

silhouette profile could be even more lowered if the suspension was jack-able and the gap btwn turret and hull was reduced........ the guy in the extreme back is a no no imo..... too close to the body.....

btw, any chance you could post top and front view...... might do a 3d when i have the time........

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
All those with the bridge crossing issue of arjun, since its around 60 tons , what if the enemy country has bridge of 40 tons bearable weight ?? or a deep river to cross ??? will our tanks stop and return back ??

so basically its hard to make tanks of specific weight for operation in our country and other countries in 2 different classes. thats when AVLB ( Armoured vehicle launched bridge) is used and india has quite a number of them.

Hope the heavy weight issue is resolved and not spoken of against arjun tank again.
Arrgh....!
I have a suggestion. Read through the thread area again(concerning weight issues).

p2prada

There is nothing wrong with the Arjun and in some parameters exceeds the T-90. Its just that the Army does not want to change the current doctrine to incorporate the Arjun, which itself will take ~5 years and then change it all over again when the Futuristic MBT comes into play post 2020.

Arjun affects logistics. It is easier to transport a lighter tank like T-90 compared to a heavier tank(Arjun) and changing a doctrine ever few years is plain stupidity. DRDO is to blame for delivering late. Had the tank been ready by 1998-99 as expected, the Army would have gone ahead with full induction. But, trials went on till 2005-06, no army in the world is expected to change tanks every other decade.

In the end, I doubt the army will use the Arjun's in forward operational areas even if 500 of them are inducted. They may end up being reserve forces in case PA or PLA manage to sneak into India.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
no conference on tank doctrine has taken place, since long, DGMF should accept that what they have is old doctrine, they should evolve new doctrine as per latest advances, including AWACs and satellite info/intell.

New doctrine should include network centric warfare with use of BMS of arjun along with UAVs and AWACs, for situational awareness.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles