Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

pmaitra

Well every time any point is made against T 90, the fan boys are out in open peddling imports as the only way out, like bizarre argument of import from Israel as Russians are charging more. But let's run with T 90 only, as T 90 is the savior. How more ridiculous it can get.
Of course, and that is why I mentioned that T-90 and Arjun complement each other.
Arjun scores over T-90 in ground pressure.
T-90 scores over Arjun in silhouette.
Again, Arjun is much larger than T-90, so I don't see why anyone should suggest that India should rather go with T-90 than Arjun, as well as the other way around.

The point of HESH being not as effective is to be taken with a load of salt, as we haven't seen IA complaining regards that till now (you can correct me if I am wrong here)
I was speaking in general. If you see the way HESH functions (not going into any specific product from a specific maker), concrete fortifications will not create the kind of spallings that you would see in metal hulls. Even if it does, it will probably be like dust and debri than spalling. However, if the round penetrates and then explodes, think about it, it will be far more lethal.

I wonder what will happen if a HESH round falls on ERA tiles. I think it will simply rip off a whole bunch of tiles and nothing more, but thereafter, if another HESH falls exactly on that spot, it will be lethal. So again, that is a low probability scenario. This is my deduction, let me know what you think.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Of course, and that is why I mentioned that T-90 and Arjun complement each other.
Arjun scores over T-90 in ground pressure.
T-90 scores over Arjun in silhouette.
Again, Arjun is much larger than T-90, so I don't see why anyone should suggest that India should rather go with T-90 than Arjun, as well as the other way around.
Well, I would like not to repeat the debates we have seen before, but for the sake of it :). Arjun is developed on the GSQR of IA, so obviously it is more suited for IA's requirements, not so with T 90. But as you said, let's not start another T 90 vs Arjun thing

I was speaking in general. If you see the way HESH functions (not going into any specific product from a specific maker), concrete fortifications will not create the kind of spallings that you would see in metal hulls. Even if it does, it will probably be like dust and debri than spalling. However, if the round penetrates and then explodes, think about it, it will be far more lethal.
Saar, the HESH was developed as anti tank round, but found more effective against the concrete and other fortifications, the anti tank role was taken by other rounds, now the kind of scenarios we see in now a day's war, where tanks have to be used for fighting against enemy hiding inside buildings (Hezbollah Israel scenario), where you will find HESH more effective. IA needed this capability, so that if the terrorist army tries to make a stand in cities like Lahore, the tanks can be used effectively. In cold war the emphasis was on tank vs tank more, rather then having seeing the asymmetric war fare, where the need of HESH was minimal. So they can keep some exhaustive shells like the IMI derivative I posted, and concentrate on tank vs tank, where as in IA, we need all tanks capable of firing these and we need those rounds en masse to be used against enemies.

Now the point made by damian is that for firing of such rounds from smooth bore canons (HEF) is possible, but that is only for command versions that is T 90SK, there is no such distinction in Arjun
I wonder what will happen if a HESH round falls on ERA tiles. I think it will simply rip off a whole bunch of tiles and nothing more, but thereafter, if another HESH falls exactly on that spot, it will be lethal. So again, that is a low probability scenario. This is my deduction, let me know what you think.
Sir, HESH is not primary anti tank round, even for Arjun, they will be using AFSPDS mostly for anti tnak role, but for light armored vehicles, this is deadly

pmaitra

Nitesh,

Maybe you are right that HESH could be very useful in urban combat, and I see your point.

Regarding Damian, I don't see why he is bringing this smoothbore thing with ammo type.

Why does it matter if the gun is smoothbore or rifled? In either case, a HESH will function like just that, a HESH. I don't get his logic here. Rifling is used to make the projectile spin and that increases accuracy, but on impact, whether it is spinning or not, it will work the same way.

p2prada

HESH may rip off the ERA tiles because of the explosive power. But, a second shot will do nothing. The shell will bounce off the armour.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
DRDO's Arjun was delivered in 2008. However in 2007, Arjun was delivered to IA with substandard specifications. The recent Ajai Shukla blog about faults in the Arjun is proof of that.

However the main purpose of the Arjun was always to be a successor to the T-72. But that plan failed to materialize because the Arjun failed trials in the late 90s. Heck the gun failed to fire during tests in 2005 because the French supplied electronics melted.

You don't deliver something 10 years after giving a date and then say the product is a success.

Anyway the Arjun does not complement the T-90. It is the same as saying the F-15 will complement the MKI, which is not the case. The T-90 is the big daddy of tank armour in the IA. It has been given the status of the Main Battle Tank(MBT) which the Arjun is not.

There was this interview with one of our Generals.

It went something like this:
Journo: Is the T-90 the MBT for the IA?

General: Yes, the T-90 is the MBT.
Yes import a substandard T 90 en masse, and delay arjun induction on the same issues, the T 90 has been given the status of MBT when it has lots of issues for example a faullty thermal imager, which does not work in deserts, needs an AC whereas arjun does not needs it. Does not work with Indian ammunition, run to DRDO to correct it, but import T 90, ammunition cost increases and we here leave Russian run to Israel, but import T 90 this is a scam of highest degree

You definitely never read Ajai Shukla's opinion on the Arjun before 2005, right?
And you didn't read after 2005 right?

HESH has never been a part of any MBT since the 70s. It is useless. It is part of the Arjun program only because the GSQR date back to the 80s, a time when HESH was in use. As Kunal stated already, OFB is making a HEAT round for Arjun. So, it is safe to say they are going for other HE rounds as well.
Just repeating a lie again and again does not make it right. HESH has it's uses against fortifications, and now the T 90 will need another import for this

Damian

I see here some confusions.

Both T-90 and Arjun are in the same tank classification level, both are Main Battle Tanks. Please, accept reality, nor weight nor size is responsible these days for vehicle protection, it was maybe during WWII and directly after to the 60's, but not any more.

Why smoothbore guns will do better, it is not only about HE ammunition. Smoothbore have also longer service life, and can fire much powerfull APFSDS ammunition, however we newest, and more powerfull smoothbores have problems, did anyone of You know what will happen with gun barrel when You will fire several times such powerfull ammunition like DM53 or M829A3?

WARNINGS! In combat emergency conditions, when the lives of the crew are in immediate jeopardy, there is a low but real risk of gun tube failure if the M829A3 is fired between 120F and 135F. If the round is fired under these extreme temperature conditions, crews must examine the tube for unusual wear or other abnormalities after firing 6 to 8 rounds,and must have direct-support maintenance personnel inspect the tube up ti 18 rounds are fired. At propellant temperature above 135F, the risk of a catastrophic failure of both the round and the gun rises significantly.
Before firing M829A3, check the tube serial number listing. NOTE. If firing tank does not yet have M829A3 subdes, this round can be fired using M829A1 solution(sabot subdes 5 for M1A1 AND "M829A1" for M1A2/M1A2 SEP)
This will happen, and taking in to account India's climate and temperatures, it might be possible that sooner or later IA will need to buy smoothbore gun for Arjun tanks if they want more powerfull APFSDS, because rifled gun might not withstand, not even a pressure but simple wear and tear, rifling do not like sabots etc.

As for smoothbores, HESH etc. But smoothbores have analog to HESH, it is simple, non programmable HE, HEF and HEOR ammunition, that's all, and to make them even more deadly, someone get an idea to use programmable ammunition. Hey look in NATO even IFV's should have HE or HEI programmable ammunition ranging from 30mm to 40mm (for example 3P ammunition designed in Sweden for CV9040 IFV's).

Rifled gun will never have such capability with HESH, because HESH do not have any perspectives in long term, it is allready dead.

Think about these problems, think in long perspective. India can import such ammunition, look inside and later design it's own programmable ammunition. But nooo, some people seems to think that better is reinventing the wheel each time...

Arjun R&D phase is also funny, no seriously it is funny, it was first designed as 40 tons tank, later when there was possibility that Pakistan will have M1, they changed specification of vehicle. Then M1 threat disappeard, but it seems that IA seen the only tank capable to stand against M1 in Germany, yeah Leopard 2, so they probably asked Germans to help design their new tank, but obviously Arjun not only have some weak points of Leo2 design, but adds few more... besides of course many good sides of design, like suspension, more care to make ammunition storage in hull a bit safer etc.

But to me it all seems too fishy, and Mk2 from showed image, don't look as a deep modernization, but it's maybe me.

Please don't get me wrong, I just think loudly why R&D phase go that way not another...

Last edited:

p2prada

Yes import a substandard T 90 en masse, and delay arjun induction on the same issues, the T 90 has been given the status of MBT when it has lots of issues for example a faullty thermal imager, which does not work in deserts, needs an AC whereas arjun does not needs it. Does not work with Indian ammunition, run to DRDO to correct it, but import T 90, ammunition cost increases and we here leave Russian run to Israel, but import T 90 this is a scam of highest degree
T-90 is not substandard. The FCS issue was fixed in 2006. Even Ajai Shukla mentioned last year that the TI was already fixed. T-90 has no AC as of today. It still works and has been through over 10 exercises over the last 7 years. Arjun has substandard ammunition. The imports are better for both tanks. It is better to import Israeli shells for the Arjun too.

And you didn't read after 2005 right?
After 2005 is too little too late considering the ToT and purchase of 1000 T-90s had started, which was sealed with the purchase of an additional 300 tanks. DRDO's attempts at forcing the Arjun on the Army disappeared after that. Ajai did a U turn after that for some reason. Either he knows something or he was bought. Right now he is vilifying OFB and making excuses for DRDO.

Just repeating a lie again and again does not make it right. HESH has it's uses against fortifications, and now the T 90 will need another import for this
HESH's use against fortifications is not good enough to keep HESH around. Other than fortifications HEAT and other HE rounds can take out infantry in open grounds, closed spaces and can also take on helicopters and other lightly armoured vehicles. HESH cannot do all these. HESH can only punch holes through walls, nothing much there. T-90 can already do all this, it is just that a newer and better round is available now. So, why should we not buy it. Arjun's ammo is outdated too. It will bounce off the Pakistani T-80s. So, it is time we look for foreign imports for Arjuns ammo.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Damian sir,arjun does fire same ammunition, and Arjun has gone through lot of testing so I think the rifled gun can work in our condition

Ordnance Factory Board

p2prada

But to me it all seems too fishy, and Mk2 from showed image, don't look as a deep modernization, but it's maybe me.

Please don't get me wrong, I just think loudly why R&D phase go that way not another...
The actual MK2 has not yet been shown. What we will see today is a MK1 with TUSK type upgrades. Mk2 production is supposed to start this year though, so we may see the actual one by this year or next year.

Damian, don't follow CGI from Indian companies. They are very poorly made.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
T-90 is not substandard. The FCS issue was fixed in 2006. Even Ajai Shukla mentioned last year that the TI was already fixed. T-90 has no AC as of today. It still works and has been through over 10 exercises over the last 7 years. Arjun has substandard ammunition. The imports are better for both tanks. It is better to import Israeli shells for the Arjun too.

After 2005 is too little too late considering the ToT and purchase of 1000 T-90s had started, which was sealed with the purchase of an additional 300 tanks. DRDO's attempts at forcing the Arjun on the Army disappeared after that. Ajai did a U turn after that for some reason. Either he knows something or he was bought. Right now he is vilifying OFB and making excuses for DRDO.
So why it was ordered before this issue was fixed? Or it is ok for imported items to have issues. Fact is that T90 is looking for AC, you are lieing as usual from Ajai Shukla: Broadsword: Catchovsky-22: The scandal that is the T-90

T 90 procurement is a farce, And regarding substandard ammunition of Arjun, on what basis you are making this claim?

Regarding the bold part, if some one sees the light he has been bought off? By who DRDO? They don't have concept of business charges sorry don't make nonsense comments for the love of imports

HESH's use against fortifications is not good enough to keep HESH around. Other than fortifications HEAT and other HE rounds can take out infantry in open grounds, closed spaces and can also take on helicopters and other lightly armoured vehicles. HESH cannot do all these. HESH can only punch holes through walls, nothing much there. T-90 can already do all this, it is just that a newer and better round is available now. So, why should we not buy it. Arjun's ammo is outdated too. It will bounce off the Pakistani T-80s. So, it is time we look for foreign imports for Arjuns ammo.
BS, the so called new round does what HESH does, plain and simple, The T 90 was not equipped for that

Damian

Damian sir,arjun does fire same ammunition, and Arjun has gone through lot of testing so I think the rifled gun can work in our condition
What same ammunition? No that ammunition is not the same. I think You confuse general type of ammunition called APFSDS (Armor Piercieng Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot) to the specific models of this type of ammunition used around the world.

M829A3 is longer, have bigger diameter and use more powerfull propelant charge (it need to use more powerfull propelant because so long penetrator and with bigger diameter is much more heavier than other APFSDS penetrators). DM53 is on the other hand also long but have smaller diameter and is faster.

Both of these are also such types of ammunition that increase wear and tear of gun barrel. Even smoothbores with high service life firing such ammunition have increasingly shortened service life.

Think in a long term, if India will want to have ammunition capable to pierce composite armor protected by heavy ERA, then what is there now in IA inventory won't do the trick.

Think even in longer term, Pakistani T-80UD's are not Object 478B but Object 478BE with new welded turret known from T-84 series, what if Ukraine offer Pakistan "Knife" or "Knife-2"/"Duplet" ERA? India allready do not have ammunition effective against old 4S22 "Kontakt-5" heavy ERA, not for Arjun, not for T-90.

With a rifled gun You will not be able to have effective anti tank fire power in a long term. Even T-90 can be upgraded with more powerfull ammunition due to autoloader modifications, while Arjun just can't because rifled gun will not hold such wear and tear.

Someone might say about pressure, but pressure is not a problem here, the problem is propelant charge. Germans discovered that DM53 propelant charge is like acid for gun barrel, increasing wear and tear. This is why to reduce wear and tear they developed DM63, however DM63 fired from L55 gun have lower penetration capabilities than DM53, and both rounds use exactly the same penetrator.

So really someone should in DRDO think in long term and start or development of Indias 120mm smoothbore, or buy licence for M256, Rh-120 or MG253. Many countries do this, for example South Korea want to install in K2 tank Rh-120/L55 gun manufactured by one company on licence, not guns manufactured in Germany by Rhinemetall.

Of course it will increase costs, but also increase Indias safety. Currently India is only country manufacturing ammunition for 120mm rifled gun, what will happen if that factory will be bombed, destroyed etc?

What then? If You use smoothbore gun in case of emergency (any emergency) You can buy ammunition in any country manufacturing ammunition for such guns. Then the only thing what crew will be need to do in their tanks will be load ballistic data to vehicle FCS, and voila You can fire new ammunition.

BS, the so called new round does what HESH does, plain and simple, The T 90 was not equipped for that
You call someones post BS, and You are writing BS yourself. 3OF26 tells You something? No, then go to books and learn.

http://ofb.gov.in/products/data/ammunition/lc/24.htm

Even OFB manufactures such type ammunition from the time of T-72 fielding in IA.

I smells that someone is sprying BS here.

Last edited:

p2prada

So why it was ordered before this issue was fixed? Or it is ok for imported items to have issues. Fact is that T90 is looking for AC, you are lieing as usual from Ajai Shukla: Broadsword: Catchovsky-22: The scandal that is the T-90
Don't you remember our MKI thread? I was arguing with you and told you that if we are to find out problems on the MKI we are going to have to do it on our own. Then what happened? 2 years later we saw a news article which said there were major problems in the MKIs that we bought from Russia.

The T-90s issues are teething problems. These problems creep up during induction and are rectified. That's what happened. Once the problems were rectified (TI problem in 2006) new orders were placed for the T-90 in late 2006 and 2007. That's how the deal happened. The T-90s have been used during all the major military exercises that we had till date.

T 90 procurement is a farce, And regarding substandard ammunition of Arjun, on what basis you are making this claim?
I have my sources. Arjun's ammo isn't good enough. That's why OFB is currently making new ones with new designs.

Regarding the bold part, if some one sees the light he has been bought off? By who DRDO? They don't have concept of business charges sorry don't make nonsense comments for the love of imports
This was not my observation. This was Ray sir's observation in this very forum.

No. This new shell does the work for HESH, HE, HEF, HEAT, HEOR and any other that we haven't yet thought of, all packed into one shell. I told this in our MKI debate two years ago and I will tell this in the T-90 thread in this debate. You don't know sh!t.

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
All this talk is good, but telling that DRDO is pulling the rifled gun down to IA throats is laughable to say at least, the Arjun gun is result of IA's GSQR, and at least I haven't seen IA complaining with rifled gun. And regarding your claim for T 90 equipped for HEF rounds, I mentioned that it comes in a version called T 90SK, I am unable to find reference for T 90S capable of firing the HEF rounds as you were saying. Would love to get corrected

Damian

All this talk is good, but telling that DRDO is pulling the rifled gun down to IA throats is laughable to say at least, the Arjun gun is result of IA's GSQR, and at least I haven't seen IA complaining with rifled gun.
If so, then it means that nobody done any real tests against heavy ERA protected tank... better pray that there will be no war with enemy having such tanks, or IA tank crews will pay in blood.

And regarding your claim for T 90 equipped for HEF rounds, I mentioned that it comes in a version called T 90SK, I am unable to find reference for T 90S capable of firing the HEF rounds as you were saying. Would love to get corrected
I think You still not understand.

Any T-90 can fire HEF ammunition, however this HEF ammunition have two types of fuze. Standard fuze, then all T-90 tanks can fire such ammunition, and programmable fuze, then it can be used only in tanks with AINET system mounted. Yes it is that easy, install AINET in all tanks and replace tiny and cheap fuzes in ammunition.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Dude. Don't you remember our MKI thread? I was arguing with you and told you that if we are to find out problems on the MKI we are going to have to do it on our own. Then what happened? 2 years later we saw a news article which said there were major problems in the MKIs that we bought from Russia.
What is the point? Russians sold us lemons :D

The T-90s issues are teething problems. These problems creep up during induction and are rectified. That's what happened. Once the problems were rectified (TI problem in 2006) new orders were placed for the T-90 in 2007. That's how the deal happened. The T-90s have been used during all the major military exercises that we had till date.
Teething problems? A failing of thermal sights is good for imported stuff, but not for home grown products. The point is plain and simple a home grown product is rejected for the love of imported stuff.

I have my sources. Arjun's ammo isn't good enough. That's why OFB is currently making new ones with new designs.
So now we have to take your word for that, even if we take this as true for the sake of it, it means there is new development happening, all sounds good to me.

This was not my observation. This was Ray sir's observation in this very forum.
That is wrong observation

No. This new shell does the work for HESH, HE, HEF, HEAT, HEOR and any other that we haven't yet thought of, all packed into one shell. I told this in our MKI debate two years ago and I will tell this in the T-90 thread in this debate. You don't know sh!t.
Point is one of the basic feature, which was always present in Arjun, that is HESH, and now we are importing one shell which does that, the T 90 was not equipped with that till now.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
If so, then it means that nobody done any real tests against heavy ERA protected tank... better pray that there will be no war with enemy having such tanks, or IA tank crews will pay in blood.
Well, now we have IA getting questioned, I will take your comment as not true, as IA is known for crying hoarse for any issue with Arjun whereas they are very accomodative with imports.

I think You still not understand.

Any T-90 can fire HEF ammunition, however this HEF ammunition have two types of fuze. Standard fuze, then all T-90 tanks can fire such ammunition, and programmable fuze, then it can be used only in tanks with AINET system mounted. Yes it is that easy, install AINET in all tanks and replace tiny and cheap fuzes in ammunition.
Sir I got your point, but I am sorry if I am unable to get my point across, my point is I don't think T 90S is capable of firing the HEF rounds, it has T 90Sk version for that which are command vehicles, and you mentioned there is cost associated for AINET, whereas with Arjun it comes for free

p2prada

All this talk is good, but telling that DRDO is pulling the rifled gun down to IA throats is laughable to say at least, the Arjun gun is result of IA's GSQR, and at least I haven't seen IA complaining with rifled gun. And regarding your claim for T 90 equipped for HEF rounds, I mentioned that it comes in a version called T 90SK, I am unable to find reference for T 90S capable of firing the HEF rounds as you were saying. Would love to get corrected
IA set GSQR based on the technology of the time. DRDO or OFB have no capability to make a smoothbore. When the GSQR was setup IA only had rifled guns apart from the T-72.

HE rounds have been operational even in T-72s.

What is the point? Russians sold us lemons :D
Apparently, our Generals don't think so. One General was actually very excited in showing off the T-90 to the MoD. Today, our entire cold start is centered around the T-90. Wouldn't have been possible if the T-90 was a lemon.

Teething problems? A failing of thermal sights is good for imported stuff, but not for home grown products. The point is plain and simple a home grown product is rejected for the love of imported stuff.
A faulty substandard equipment is rejected for a state of the art, capable import. Did you not read Ray sirs comments on DRDO? If you think I am lying why don't you believe what at least he thinks, considering he has been there, done that.

So now we have to take your word for that, even if we take this as true for the sake of it, it means there is new development happening, all sounds good to me.
I have been quite right many times. Heck I pointed out LCA is a lemon even before our Air Chief said the same. Many of the observations I posted are mine, while many are from sources that I have within the defence industry.

That is wrong observation
How do you know? Do you stalk Ajai Shukla and everything he does. Heck we came to know only recently that these people bribe Generals, let alone media partners. This is common all over the world. Servicemen after their service are approached by companies to lobby for them. Time to drop your milk bottle and learn how the world works.

Both Vladimir and Pack Leader(def pros on DFI) are currently working for defence companies and as stated by their contract and supposed to only sing praises about these companies. In other words, they cannot tarnish their employers name. Of course, I am not saying Vlad and Pack are lobbyists. They are employees and have nothing to do with media. What I am saying is there is life after service and people find ways of living it.

Point is one of the basic feature, which was always present in Arjun, that is HESH, and now we are importing one shell which does that, the T 90 was not equipped with that till now.
Then we don't need MKI because the basic features of the Mig-21 are already present on the MKI.

The quality of the forum only reduces because of people like you who cannot learn even after being taught. HESH is a useless capability.
T-90 is equipped with superior capabilities than HESH.

Last edited:

Damian

Well, now we have IA getting questioned, I will take your comment as not true, as IA is known for crying hoarse for any issue with Arjun whereas they are very accomodative with imports.
Do You even know how heavy ERA or composite armor interact with projectile? US Army and Germany pay huge pile of money to develop ammunition effective against both. Compare Arjun ammo and DM53 or M829A2 and M829A3. Arjun is not even close to such firepower.

And hey guess what both Pakistan and China use tanks with heavy ERA and composite armor (not matters composites quality and volume per whole armor thickness). And at least Pakistan can buy from Ukraine much superior Knife ERA than currently used outdated 4S22 Kontakt-5 that is still effective against most APFSDS ammunition.

Sir I got your point, but I am sorry if I am unable to get my point across, my point is I don't think T 90S is capable of firing the HEF rounds, it has T 90Sk version for that which are command vehicles, and you mentioned there is cost associated for AINET, whereas with Arjun it comes for free
:facepalm:

Ok slowly now.

1) All T-90 tanks can fire HEF ammunition.
2) HEF ammunition have two types of fuze, standard one and programmable one.
3) Tanks with AINET system can use ammunition equipped with programmable fuze.
4) Tanks without AINET system can't use ammunition with programmable fuze, but ammunition with standard fuze can be used.
5) AINET system can be installed on all T-90 tanks, however due to costs is installed only on command tanks.
6) HEF without programmable fuze do exactly the same thing as HESH, only in different way, HEF with programmable fuze have additional capabilities.

Now it is clear? Because it can't be explained simpler...

Last edited:

methos

Country flag
Short off-topic:

Someone might say about pressure, but pressure is not a problem here, the problem is propelant charge. Germans discovered that DM53 propelant charge is like acid for gun barrel, increasing wear and tear. This is why to reduce wear and tear they developed DM63, however DM63 fired from L55 gun have lower penetration capabilities than DM53, and both rounds use exactly the same penetrator.
No! DM53 does increase barrel wear, but so do DM43, M829A2 and M829A3. The problem with DM53 is that at 55°C the pressure will reach 700 MPa. The gun does only support 710 MPa, i.e. firing DM53 at 60-65° C will let the barrel/chamber explode... nothing nice. DM63 uses a new generation of powder. Up to 70°C the pressure is always below 575 MPa - i.e. it could be fired from every modern tank gun without exceeding pressure limit.
The barrel wear was reduced by changing the components of the sabot and catridge, but this was only done as secondary task, main target was to be able to fire high performance APFSDS in all areas of the world (like Afghanistan or Iraq). The L/55 gun allows a 50 MPa higher chamber pressure and could also fire DM53 at temperatures up to 65-70°C.

Do You even know how heavy ERA or composite armor interact with projectile? US Army and Germany pay huge pile of money to develop ammunition effective against both.
The Swiss simulated Kontakt-5 with a combination of HHS and rubber with a heavy slope.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles