INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Bookmarking the picture for shoving into arse of INSAS haters in the future.
Amazing part is that it can handle all such environment extremes which are in India. I think only AK 47 is capable of such extreme conditions.

acetophenol

Country flag
Amazing part is that it can handle all such environment extremes which are in India. I think only AK 47 is capable of such extreme conditions.
Its really funny that people hate INSAS even after,
A large,Import loving Institution like Indian Army uses it in a daily basis. Not to mention IAF,IN,CRPF etc.

Half of these haters wouldn't have been there,had the INSAS came without the Orange furniture.

INSAS certainly isn't the best,but its good.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@acetophenol, as Ray Sir once said that those who have hated it, have never used it.

Last edited by a moderator:

shom

But the thing is that ,we still lack any pics or Non Indian source to say that INSAS is in service with Oman.
Yeah ,, I found no other pic,, only one in google,, and that too is not an Insas,, but it is in active service with the Oman Forces for sure,,,,

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
True! @sayareakd @Kunal Biswas: I came to know that the flash produced by INSAS upon firing is negligibly low. How does that property of INSAS compare with M 16,Ak and other rifles?
This are other rifles

INSAS from LCA Kargil Movie

here is the youtube link

LOC - Kargil (2003) First Part - YouTube

1.14.51 frame.

compare to others flash is very small, but still it does give away shooters position.
@Kunal Biswas and @Ray sir can throw some light on this issue.

acetophenol

Country flag

acetophenol

Country flag
Yeah ,, I found no other pic,, only one in google,, and that too is not an Insas,, but it is in active service with the Oman Forces for sure,,,,
I won't buy it without pics,or an omani source atleast.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
compare to others flash is very small, but still it does give away shooters position.
@Kunal Biswas and @Ray sir can throw some light on this issue.
There is the 'flash hider' at the end of the barrel.

But to the best of my knowledge, it minimises the flash, but at night it sure can be picked up.

Waffen SS

Re: New Assault Rifles for Indian Army

All of these rifles are very very costly,when even we cant equip our all soldiers with cheap Ak 47 rifle,then how can we dream that we will equip our army with this expensive rifle?I talked to some soldiers,all say AK is better than INSAS,but we still cant equip our soldiers with Ak,so we have to depend on INSAS.
Indian Army's basic weapon is INSAS,but in special operations see they armed with Ak rifles,so it indicates for special operation Indian army cant trust on INSAS,so they use Ak rifles.

Even our police is not equipped with rifles,many are still using .303 rifle,due to lack of fund.So I dont think we can equip all soldiers with this rifles.It will just make Indian army rifles more hodgepodge.So imagining our army armed with these rifles are ridiculous.:rofl:

I believe our army should be armed with either AKM or FN FAL's automatic version,known as FM FAL.

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag

All of these rifles are very very costly,when even we cant equip our all soldiers with cheap Ak 47 rifle,then how can we dream that we will equip our army with this expensive rifle?I talked to some soldiers,all say AK is better than INSAS,but we still cant equip our soldiers with Ak,so we have to depend on INSAS.
Indian Army's basic weapon is INSAS,but in special operations see they armed with Ak rifles,so it indicates for special operation Indian army cant trust on INSAS,so they use Ak rifles

I believe our army should be armed with either AKM or FN FAL's automatic version,known as FM FAL.

What is the cost of INSAS rifle?
What is the unit cost of AKM from east block counties like Bulgaria?
AFAIK cost of unit price of AKM is lower than INSAS rifle.

As far as special opr. is concerned we have Travors-21 and also M-4 along with other rifles

AKM is used by RR in CI grid.As is robust and good in spraying bullet.
We have equiped RR with AKM as needed.

Standard assault rifle needs accuracy over a longer range which is better with INSAS rifle.
@Kunal Biswas sir can provide details.

But your assertion that it is cost that prohibits change over to AKM is not entirely true

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
INSAS Produce almost Zero Flash ...

In Movie the actors and soldiers were using blanks rounds which does produce flash..

============================

^^
Insas use a Muzzle braker not flasher, though it works both ways..

Note the design of the holes..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

1. INSAS cost 450$ each..
2. INSAS is used by SF in all three wings..
3. INSAS is better than AK..
4. INSAS range is 650ms with Scopes, 400ms with Naked eyes..
5. Indian Police use INSAS in mass, It differ to state to state..

========================

Today AK/AKM used in CT coz of lack of Carbines, AK/AKM is used mainly for Spray and Pray..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles