General Bikram Singh reversing every decision of his predecessor

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The purchase of 1500 light BP vehicles for RR is reversed..

It will take another 5 years to get that on track, Mean while more officers and men will be in risk..

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Bikram Singh is acting like a government Chela. No wonder, Govt. fought tooth and nail against VK Singh on date of birth issue to make sure their Chela takes the Army Chief position. Sad to see politics creeping in Army.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Excellent.

We will go back to the good old looting days!

He is a jolly good fellow, he is a jolly good fellow, he is a jolly good fellow,
Drop him down on us!

ant80

I don't understand this. Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Excellent.

He is a jolly good fellow, he is a jolly good fellow, he is a jolly good fellow,
Drop him down on us!

Ha Ha Ha ... say Make him ride us..... Make him ride us....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Take the issue of the DGMO.

It is an important appointment and is responsible for operations and operational readiness.

Such appointments are not made as if one has gone to exchange some damaged product at the pansari's shop!

The current incumbent was just recently appointed.

Why change him and send him to a very low profile appointment as GOC Bengal Area, which is merely an upgraded Maj Gen's appointment and actually has no operational responsibility?

Just because he was appointed during Gen (R) VK Singh's time and with Govt approval, it does not mean that one should take it out on him just to feed fat to Bikram Singh's distaste for VK Singh!

I know the current DGMO and he is fit as a fiddle and was the GOC of an important Corps before becoming the DGMO. Therefore, this asking for a low stress appointment because of health reasons is one of the biggest fudge that could be given. I don't think the Army HQ is that stupid to trot this idiotic reason, and instead it is the newspaper's figment of imagination and spin to add to colour and controversy!

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

It is an important appointment and is responsible for operations and operational readiness.

Such appointments are not made as if one has gone to exchange some damaged product at the pansari's shop!

Why change him and send him to a very low profile appointment as GOC Bengal Area, which is merely an upgraded Maj Gen's appointment and actually has no operational responsibility?

Just because he was appointed during Gen (R) VK Singh's time and with Govt approval, it does not mean that one should take it out on him just to feed fat to Bikram Singh's distaste for VK Singh!

I know the current DGMO and he is fit as a fiddle and was the GOC of an important Corps before becoming the DGMO. Therefore, this asking for a low stress appointment because of health reasons is one of the biggest fudge that could be given. I don't think the Army HQ is that stupid to trot this idiotic reason, and instead it is the newspaper's figment of imagination and spin to add to colour and controversy!
Divide the generals and rule......

Bushra Aziz

Excellent.

Drop him down on us!
Ha Ha Ha ... say Make him ride us..... Make him ride us...
Bikram Singh is acting like a government Chela. No wonder, Govt. fought tooth and nail against VK Singh on date of birth issue to make sure their Chela takes the Army Chief position. Sad to see politics creeping in Army.

General Bikram Singh is one of the top class generals of Indian Army. You are probably criticizing him because he is a Sikh. First there was propaganda against him for extrajudicial killing when he was serving in held Jammu and Kashmir state as Lieutenet Colonel, then there was issue of his daugheter in law. Those who are concerned about purchase of 1500 light BP vehicles for RR must be aware of corruption in defence procurement? These vehicles were not fulfilling technical requirements. The DGMO issue is also not General Bikram Singh's creation. For every commission or omission you have to pay for it. General Singh has also closed down Technical Support Division (TSD) of Military Intelligence (MI) which was involved in blackmailing and extortion by illegally tapping telephones and mobiles of politicians and influential persons. We have before us the terrorist activities of MI in which Lt Col Shrikant Prasad Purohit embarrassed the whole Indian nation. He was the one who supplied explosive material for Samjhauta Express blast. If General Bikram Singh is taking steps in a positive direction, whole nation should be behind him.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
General Bikram Singh is one of the top class generals of Indian Army. You are probably criticizing him because he is a Sikh.
I am a Sikh too and I value Ray sir's comment.

Ray sir is beyond such petty thinking. He is a true Indian and a Tiger in every sense.

First there was propaganda against his for extrajudicial killing when he was serving in held Jammu and Kashmir state as Lieutenet Colonel, then there was issue of his daugheter in law.
That was done by competing interests before his appointment.

Those who are concerned about purchase of 1500 light BP vehicles for RR must be aware of corruption in defence procurement? These vehicles were not fulfilling technical requirements. The DGMO issue is also not General Bikram Singh's creation. For every commission or omission you have to pay for it. General Singh has also closed down Technical Support Division (TSD) of Military Intelligence (MI) which was involved in blackmailing and extorsion by illegally tapping telephones of politicians and influential persons. We have before us the terrorist wing of MI in which Lt Col Shrikant Prasad Purohit embarrassed the whole Indian nation. He was the one who supplied explosive material for Samjhauta Express blast. If General Bikram Singh is taking steps in a positive direction, whole nation should be behind him.
What you don't understand is that there is a turf war going on in the Indian Army.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The Army Chief should have the right to pick his team but in doing so he should not be seen to be revengeful and insulting the generals he wish to shift merely because they were close to previous chief...

Moreover, this news line is also to put Gen Bikram Singh " in his place' by the media.... why should functional aspects be questioned by the media. But media will not allow General Bikram to function it seems. There are lots of VKS admirer in the media too. Gen Bikram is perceived as MMS appointee therefore Bikram Singh will remain a target for all anti Congress forces...

Difficult time for Gen Bikram Singh ... poor general

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
General Bikram Singh is one of the top class generals of Indian Army. You are probably criticizing him because he is a Sikh.
Pakistani

You Pakistanis can not see beyond religion. Try some thing better to create 'fitna' traction between Indians. This is what few Pakistanis did when they saw an opportunity of Assam riots a month back.

I have seen another ex army man ridiculing an ex Indian COAS. That ex army man is a Christian and he is hell right about that COAS and I fully agree with him. Now keep guessing what is the religion of that COAS, Pakistanis are quite good at doing this.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am a Sikh too and I value Ray sir's comment.

Ray sir is beyond such petty thinking. He is a true Indian and a Tiger in every sense.

That was done by competing interests before his appointment.

What you don't understand is that there is a turf war going on in the Indian Army.
One can forgive a Pakistani for not understanding issues beyond the narrow confines of religion.

I personally know Bikramjit.

And if this Pakistani poster cared to look at the various posts I have written, then this poster would have noticed the post, where I had stated that the claim that Bikramjit was involved in any extra judicial killing was total hogwash and I had that direct from the Corps Cdr at that time, who happens to be a friend o mine! Bkiramjit was a Sikh then as he is a Sikh now. And I defended him against the malicious canard!

Hence, the accusation that because of his being a Sikh is what prompts my post is another canard that has been motivated by the poster's pettiness and incapability to think beyond religion!

The poster may also like to note that Asim Aqil, who is a head honcho in a Pak forum, has found me to be straight talking man and with no religious baggage to bear on my shoulder and he has stated so.

I would also like to remind the Pak poster to do some research before exposing his/ her vile thoughts.

I had also through this forum commented adversely on the perversity of the order that shunted out Lt Gen Harry Panag from an active command to a non nondescript command when he was exposing the misdeeds of Deepak Kapoor. I termed it as a political witchhunt and skulduiggery being perpetuated by Anthony and his mentors and wondered why they were so keen to protect Kapoor.

And this was before Kapoor was exposed for what he was worth!

Panag was in my Division as a Brigade Commander and did an excellent work there and he happens to be a personal friend. His brother CS Panag was my Brigade Commander and another fine gentleman and soldier. And the Panags are Sikhs!

So the sly accusation is misplaced, misconceived and mischievous!

The murky going ons that have been there after a certain period that has happened and happening is all because of politicians churning the evil brew and nothing else.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

I do not understand the need for the brigadier to reply to a Paki post which was posted with the ill-intent of exploiting cleavages

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The DGMO is a Bihari.

Now, the Pakistani will say that the Army is anti Bihari!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I do not understand the need for the brigadier to reply to a Paki post which was posted with the ill-intent of exploiting cleavages
It is to put the facts in a correct perspective.

There are many who are not too deep in the way things are happening.

It is to indicate that religion is not the issue and instead there are other factors at work and everything is not under the control of the Chief or the Army!

There are others who may take it that religion is at work and that is what one must clear the air about.

The problem is that one does not look at issues bareboned and instead with their own coloured vision and that adds to the confusion!

If one was narrow minded and based everything on religion, community etc, then I should be rooting for Mamata Bannerjee, right?

But one cannot be so narrow minded and petty when looking at issues.

That is why MS Bannerjee cannot be blindly rooted for.

That would show how stupid one could be, if religion and community alone was the criterion to base one's views!

Only the fools, the ignorant and the illiterate and unwashed would fall prey to such base instincts!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles