India Fears China May Copycat its Military Doctrine

Tianshan

no need to worry, "copy" is always inferior to the original one

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Yes you are right here, the factor here is terrain, it's not easy for troops to get used to high altitude operations.

pmaitra

Cold Start from PRC?

Well, it will be full blown war. Some points to consider:
  • PLAAF fighters and bombers will have to take off from Tibetan airfields with less than optimal weapons load, unlike IAF fighters and bombers which will be able to leverage high density air of the plains.
  • This entire operation by PLA and PLAAF will have to be staged from the Tibetan plateau. Not exactly friendly territory.
  • If the invasion happens in Spring-Summer, India needs to keep them engaged till winter sets in. PRC will have to get their infantry into the southern foothills of the Himalayas. They will inflict much damage, but could get trapped and massacred. There is no escape route.
  • Infrastructure in Tibet, once war breaks out, can be destroyed.
  • India could airlift weapons and send in Tibetan freedom fighters across the border to harass the PLA.

Overall, sounds like a juicy mix. Said that, India will still suffer much! Now, I kept Pakistan out of this.

no smoking

Country flag
Cold Start?

First of all, based on the professional soldiers such as Colonal of Engineer in WAB, the doctrine of both China and india were copy of USA. So, please, india was just another copycat.

Secondly, from the same source, Chinese has been working hard on their doctrine from army organisation to equipment, while indian's doctrine is still on the paper stage.

pmaitra

Cold Start?

First of all, based on the professional soldiers such as Colonal of Engineer in WAB, the doctrine of both China and india were copy of USA. So, please, india was just another copycat.

Secondly, from the same source, Chinese has been working hard on their doctrine from army organisation to equipment, while indian's doctrine is still on the paper stage.
Whoever this person is, could you please re-post his post here, if that is allowed? Indian military capabilities are no where near that of the US. I wonder how India can have a doctrine that is a copy of the USA?

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
You just shot yourself on your foot. As you have admitted copy is always inferior that means your army planning and manufactured products are of inferior quality. Nevertheless we (Indian Armed forces) are going to stay awake just in case your Generals get an itch do to some stupid adventure action. I prefer you being inferior to our preparedness.

Blackwater

You just shot yourself on your foot. As you have admitted copy is always inferior that means your army planning and manufactured products are of inferior quality. Nevertheless we (Indian Armed forces) are going to stay awake just in case your Generals get an itch do to some stupid adventure action. I prefer you being inferior to our preparedness.
khush phaaaji howz is Caneda after Russia and Pakistan???? when and where ur planing to go next??? i feel u love flag collection:whistle::whistle::whistle:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
The U.S. ARMY is asking the INDIAN ARMY to train their soldiers in jungle warfare. There is no need for INDIAN ARMY to copy from U.S.

Tianshan

no need to be worried, our weapon broken before they arrive

p2prada

Both Warzone and Cold Start were derived from the American FM 3.0 doctrine. Nothing to say beyond that.

agentperry

i feel that both countries maintaining lull even during war(if it occur at all). ie they will negate to the charges of aggression or of being attacked upon while doing it in reality so as there is no public pressure and obligation to use nukes. an attack ie overt one with full media coverage will make use of nuke almost possible and war indeterminate so both parties while doing guerrilla and ambush will put it low profile.
but one thing i wish to point out is that India is surely copying china in the way they undertake their military operations like missile induction and testing. from past 1 year many of the missile tests which were for experimentation and testing are kept low profile- starting from the test of sagarika missile on jan 22 this year or shaurya test on 17/18, there is no report about failure or success or even about they even happening. and about the cold start on paper, the 2 new mountain divisions are formed and undergoing training so something is there on ground

no smoking

Country flag
Whoever this person is, could you please re-post his post here, if that is allowed? Indian military capabilities are no where near that of the US. I wonder how India can have a doctrine that is a copy of the USA?
Well, it is a discussion between those professional militaries in that site quite long ago. It is quite hard to trace back. But i have found another one which involve the comparison between chinese's war zone and india's cold start. The members participated in this discussion included Colonal of Engineer and also a famous india member---Ray who is also an active one in this forum. I believe you already know enough about his background and expertise. It seems that he has not objected the idea that both armies developed their doctrine from US's.

INDIAÂ’S NEW "COLD START" WAR DOCTRINE STRATEGICALLY REVIEWED

Patriot

Country flag

Preparing for a Chinese 'Cold Start'
'Cold Start' as a military doctrine to deal with Pakistan has occupied a lot of media and mind space in the media and the strategic studies community. What has been hitherto overlooked is the fact that China could well take a page out of India's Cold Start idea and replicate it along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). Given its military presence and the build-up of infrastructure network in the Tibetan Autonomous Region (TAR), China appears to have given itself such a capability. It is this apprehension that under girds the calls from the Indian armed forces and the strategic community that the threat be taken seriously and necessary steps taken with utmost urgency. It is therefore imperative that the Rs. 12,000 crore upgrade the military has pitched for, and which the Ministry of Defence has reportedly asked to be revised downwards, be reappraised.

Whether India is capable of enacting a Cold Start or not is best left to defence planners. However, it may be worth evaluating as to what in this concept could appeal to China. 'Surprise' is an important and sometimes decisive aspect of war. Surprise can also be achieved by mentally dislocating the adversary's thinking. Cold Start is one method of achieving surprise. Considering that the movement of a large force consisting of mechanised elements, i.e. tanks, armoured personnel carriers, self propelled guns, etc., is difficult to conceal in today's world, one method of achieving surprise is through the choice of place and timing of employment of this decisive force. This flexibility is to be provided by balanced mechanised elements placed close to the border over a large frontage. Thus, limited operations by forward placed and well balanced fighting groups with no or reduced mobilisation time is the crux of the 'Cold Start'. Though the adversary would generally be aware of the quantum of forces including the mechanised element deployed across the border, quick mobilisation...............................................

vanwilder

no,no.actually indian army has its unique doctrine,which is yoga doctrine.that's what pla need to learn.
Cold Start?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
no,no.actually indian army has its unique doctrine,which is yoga doctrine.that's what pla need to learn.
Kung-Fu one doesn't work for you "Van Wilder"?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its always the TITLE amuse me..

Besides China had its cold-start strategy since mid 90s..

Nothing new, Now Unsubscribed from the thread..

vanwilder

cut the crap,your so called "cold start" is a kind of psychological warfare.the key point of its is let the counterpart or counterparts get clear that you can beat up them anytime. actually,if the war brakes out between india and china,i think missles will play the lead role,the regular army,like infantry,whose function will be dicounted a lot.

vanwilder

soldiers with big muscles and good stature will be more welcomed.
Kung-Fu one doesn't work for you "Van Wilder"?
not really,kung-fu sounds more you know masculine,which is for fight;yoga,well know for it body-build function,which is for looking.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles