PM Special Aircraft

archie

Country flag
Given the recent incident with the malaysian aircraft attack and Special aircraft of the PM in the vicinity.. the Risk factors are quite high.. A purchase of a brand new aircraft with the needs though is imminent but will take time..

I was wondering if any of the Air Force Transport aircraft would be able to provide for the comfort/ needs of PM travel in the mean time?? P8I or C-17 .. Is it even a possibility for these aircraft to carry a special comfy capsule to cater for PM travel

Not sure if this section is the correct place .. pls move the thread if incorrect..

Eastman

Country flag
It is believed that Air India One have effective counter measures.

Well no evident proof available against Air India One but some for the US Airforce One.
https://www.google.com/search?q=indian+air+force+one+counter+measures&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=fGnaU-KxGouhugSl_oLIDg&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#q=Air+Force+One+counter+measures&safe=off&tbm=isch

and a wiki page say:
The Three BBJs, christened Rajdoot, Rajhans and Rajkamal cost the IAF INR 9.34 billion each (INR 7.34 billion for the actual aircraft plus an additional INR 2 billion for Self Protection Suites).[3][4] Self-protection suites include radar warning receivers, missile-approach warning and counter-measure systems. The aircraft have the capability to shoot chaff and flares to deviate radar-guided and heat-seeking missiles off their track along with other security tools.The other security instruments are undisclosed by the Indian Air Force.
and a page on it
The three jets, bought from the United States last year at a cost of Rs 734 crore, has an additional Rs 200-crore Self Protection Suites (SPS) for electronic warfare integrated onto the aircraft to provide greater security from enemy missiles.

SPS include radar warning receivers, missile-approach warning systems and counter-measure systems. The aircraft would have the capability to shoot metal chaff and flares to deviate radar-guided missiles and heat-seeking missiles off the track.
April 1 date for President with business jets

archie

Country flag
I believe none of these 3 aircraft is capable of intercontinental flights and are limited to 11000 Kms The recent visits if the news channels are to be correct was on B 747 which do not have much protection systems ..

It is believed that Air India One have effective counter measures.

Well no evident proof available against Air India One but some for the US Airforce One.
https://www.google.com/search?q=indian+air+force+one+counter+measures&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=fGnaU-KxGouhugSl_oLIDg&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#q=Air+Force+One+counter+measures&safe=off&tbm=isch

and a wiki page say:

and a page on it

April 1 date for President with business jets

abingdonboy

Country flag
Given the recent incident with the malaysian aircraft attack and Special aircraft of the PM in the vicinity.. the Risk factors are quite high.. A purchase of a brand new aircraft with the needs though is imminent but will take time..

I was wondering if any of the Air Force Transport aircraft would be able to provide for the comfort/ needs of PM travel in the mean time?? P8I or C-17 .. Is it even a possibility for these aircraft to carry a special comfy capsule to cater for PM travel

Not sure if this section is the correct place .. pls move the thread if incorrect..
Using one of the few C-17s or P-8Is that India posses for this would be ABSURD.

No doubt that the IAF needs to go for a permanent wide bodied a/c for all international flights 100% under their control and not an Air India plane they borrow. I'm thinking with the A330 MRTTs coming to the IAF maybe 2-3 A330s in a VVIP configuration with all the special features that go with Head of State protection.

Blackwater

Using one of the few C-17s or P-8Is that India posses for this would be ABSURD.

No doubt that the IAF needs to go for a permanent wide bodied a/c for all international flights 100% under their control and not an Air India plane they borrow. I'm thinking with the A330 MRTTs coming to the IAF maybe 2-3 A330s in a VVIP configuration with all the special features that go with Head of State protection.
SPG wants 4 engine plane so no 330 but yrs 340-600

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles