ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Indibomber

Just a Saurav Jha tweet. Lets wait for confirmation.
Yeah, Bhai bhaut zor ki roya..aapne bhi aasu aa gayee. but again i think its short term solution. Even if its not, we will add custom devices and bring it at par with a modern 4.5 gen fighter like what we did to su-30mki.

PaliwalWarrior

LM was testing pilotless armed Drone version of F16

that is trying to convert F16 into a pilotless fighter

if India is allowed to participate and jointly develop that project

then i am ok with india taking up F16 IN production line

though i would prefer HAL / ADA / NAL to convert LCA into a pilotless / Unmanned Fighter with stealth features

that is my idea of LCA Mk III

Furthur they should go the same way with Dhruv & LAH & LUH

i dont know why India stopped and dropped out of a joint project isreal for converting Dhruv into a Drone Helo

why the fuck Why ?

salute

Query from my end:

Why was that put up in first place ?? Any reason ?

What will LCA lose if anything by reduce of 1000 Kg weight ?
maybe for proper or equal weight distribution on all sides,

there was documentary on france's concord supersonic jet,
on concord they used passengers luggage as ballast weight,
they always stored passengers luggage according to its weight,
in order to keep weight on both sides of plane equal and well balanced,

concord was also delta winged aircraft.

R.parida

is it due to the experssion of HAL to unable to participate in Tejas Mk 2 due to shortage of engineers which induce IAF to scrap the project or is it due to Country's bigger interest to get permanent seat in UN which influence our leaders to bribe countries by purchasing fighter planes and weapons to get the seat?

Anyway Hindustan ne pure duniya ke fighter ka theka leke rakhha hai and IAF's procurement in the last 10 years has been a joke and now they trying die with that.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
LM was testing pilotless armed Drone version of F16

that is trying to convert F16 into a pilotless fighter

if India is allowed to participate and jointly develop that project

then i am ok with india taking up F16 IN production line

though i would prefer HAL / ADA / NAL to convert LCA into a pilotless / Unmanned Fighter with stealth features

that is my idea of LCA Mk III

Furthur they should go the same way with Dhruv & LAH & LUH

i dont know why India stopped and dropped out of a joint project isreal for converting Dhruv into a Drone Helo

why the fuck Why ?
Israeli tend to be expensive, maybe rather import heron + rustom-2?

Just keep in mind until December Putin meeting media will make their $ with fake stories.

PaliwalWarrior

Israeli tend to be expensive, maybe rather import heron + rustom-2?

Just keep in mind until December Putin meeting media will make their $ with fake stories.
see isreal gives us a best & clean deal on technology +

look at the positives Dhruv & LUH (will) serves in Siachin & mountain areas if those are pilotless losing a few in bad weather / risky jobs wont entail loss of pilot lives

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Tejas Mk2 would have been a good option but Since the early times I have been saying that Tejas Mk1 was enough to meet the IAF requirements for LCA.

I am sad as I would have also liked an aircraft with more power and range but that too would have been marginal.

Tejas Mk1 Improved as I will like to call it is a ideal option for IAF.

It only needs to be re engineered, though I am not sure if HAL has that Capability?

The current government has made IAF to think from the different point of View(National).

The proposal of Tejas Mk2 was done to get rid of all the deficiencies in Tejas Mk1 which leaving a few never existed so as Hal is claiming it can work around those deficiencies there is no need of another version of Tejas.

India is already planning a AMCA which would have lead to Tejas MK2 between Mk1 and AMCA.

Tejas has already entered production and these changes can be made while on the assembly line itself which will keep the production running.

Tejas MK2 would have again taken 4-5 years to enter production which was not good for the IAF.

Even After thinking all this...
I would have loved to see Tejas with more powerful engine and range I wish they will use this in the development of AMCA or convert it into the same.

I did not like the news piece below: what your take???
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/despite-flaws-india-to-induct-tejas-mark-1a-fighter-1224355

Last edited:

tejas warrior

Country flag
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...struggling-lca-tejas/articleshow/49254515.cms

India's air force says its requires 45 fighter squadrons to counter a "two-front collusive threat" from Pakistan and China. But it only has 35 active fighter squadrons, parliament's defence committee said in a report in April citing a presentation by a top air force officer.

With the drawdown of Soviet-era MiG 21 planes under way, the air force would be down to 25 squadrons by 2022 at the current pace of acquisitions.

Can someone tell me does IAF planning even consider newly inducted and highly capable couple sqdn of Mig29K ? If need requires, they can be engaged in any operations OR at least they can free IAF in looking South Indian airspace.

And how many Mig 29Ks Indian Navy has Ordered ?

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

nitish.sarangi

let then try there best...

but sadly it is working as a delaying tactic but not for long.
True, though we can take comfort in knowing that IAF has at least agreed on getting Tejas in numbers. Its better than the Bison(which beat F15s in Cope India 07) in capability. And a larger number of aircrafts is a quality in itself. A Chinese J-20, however advanced it may be, would still find it difficult to deal with a whole lot more Tejas engaging it in the skies.

IAF will surely develop tactics based on LCA's strengths, it would have done that even if it had the old Hunters around.

On another note though, I am wondering how difficult it would be to convert the Tejas into an unmanned machine like the Boeing QF-16?

Chirag

Country flag
Any Engine replacement in Tejas MK1-A as GE started production of F414 ins or will continue with the same as MK1?

tejas warrior

Country flag
Any Engine replacement in Tejas MK1-A as GE started production of F414 ins or will continue with the same as MK1?
MK1-A will use same F404 engine.

Mk2 will come up with F414, first of them will reach in 2016 which HAL will start installing in new airframe.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles