Pakistan to lease Gilgit-Baltistan to China & possible Indian response

Mikkis

People discussing division of pakistan should understand that it is just not possible under current circumstances...Sure there is an insurgency, but it way to moderate to force pakistan to grant them independence....

Separation of Baluchistan will only be possible if US puts all its efforts behind it, which is unlikely for atleast two years. The current congressional hearing is just an eyewash. It is to put pressure on pakistan to co-operate or face the consequences, although if I were US, I would continue supporting Baloch insurgency covertly, waiting for 2014, after that putting my full force behind it to separate it from pakistan and thus cutting China's access to the Indian ocean, severely impacting my biggest enemy....
what US will do after capturing baluchistan?? does they have the strength to retain it even after 1 year???
After this ambitious conquest you know what will come next from iran, Pakistan and China?????
by doing all this US surely put Pakistan in china and Russia camp which they cant afford..

Defcon 1

Country flag
what US will do after capturing baluchistan?? does they have the strength to retain it even after 1 year???
After this ambitious conquest you know what will come next from iran, Pakistan and China?????
by doing all this US surely put Pakistan in china and Russia camp which they cant afford..
Why the hell will US capture Balochistan????
They will just install a puppet government there to irk both pakistan and Iran and get billions of worth of contracts for mining....
And what will Iran, pakistan and China will be able to do??
I know US is a declining power now, but their military strength is still greater than combined military strength of pakistan, china and Iran, and shall remain so till 2025....Pakistan is already a client state of china and has started cosing up with Russia, so that doesn't really matter, pakistan, china, Russia alliance, is going to be formed anyways.....

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
People discussing division of pakistan should understand that it is just not possible under current circumstances...Sure there is an insurgency, but it way to moderate to force pakistan to grant them independence....

Separation of Baluchistan will only be possible if US puts all its efforts behind it, which is unlikely for atleast two years. The current congressional hearing is just an eyewash. It is to put pressure on pakistan to co-operate or face the consequences, although if I were US, I would continue supporting Baloch insurgency covertly, waiting for 2014, after that putting my full force behind it to separate it from pakistan and thus cutting China's access to the Indian ocean, severely impacting my biggest enemy....
Yes, so is there any harm if India accelerates the process to whatever extent we can??

This is precisely what we were trying to discuss in that other thread, which you have objections to.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Yes, so is there any harm if India accelerates the process to whatever extent we can??

This is precisely what we were trying to discuss in that other thread, which you have objections to.
Who said there's a harm, I am just saying that it just won't be possible till US and EU really want it...

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Who said there's a harm, I am just saying that it just won't be possible till US and EU really want it...
If you feel there is no harm, then why do you find it offensive to discuss it here? This is not a diplomatic meeting. It is a defence forum, it is halal to discuss geostrategic and geopolitical issues concerning India here.

And don't be too sure that "nothing will happen till US and EU want it". The world is changing on a daily basis, much faster than we can keep up.

Defcon 1

Country flag
If you feel there is no harm, then why do you find it offensive to discuss it here? This is not a diplomatic meeting. It is a defence forum, it is halal to discuss geostrategic and geopolitical issues concerning India here.
Because on that thread no proper discussion was going on.....People were just making stories there.....Even the long post you quoted was very very badly written....Those were just speculations, support balochis, TTP, etc etc....It was like, if India supports balochis we can separate them, nothing more than that...nothing people didn't already knew....In short, it added no value and added lots of heartburn...

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Because on that thread no proper discussion was going on.....People were just making stories there.....Even the long post you quoted was very very badly written....Those were just speculations, support balochis, TTP, etc etc....It was like, if India supports balochis we can separate them, nothing more than that...nothing people didn't already knew....In short, it added no value and added lots of heartburn...
Actually, the thread topic was a "question". He wanted suggestions. And though his introductory statements were somewhat "emotional", he did provide some good pointers later on.

If you felt that the thread did not get good responses, then you should have gone in to the thread and provided some solid points to answer the thread starter's question.

Let me tell you - any Indian who thinks that the de-nuking and/or breakup/neutering of Pakistan is not in Indian interest is stupid. Plain stupid.

There are no two ways about this.

And you said in the other thread, that "India should look at its own interests, and not those of Western think-tanks who advocate breakup of Pakistan". So there you were implying that breakup of Pakistan is not in Indian interest!! And now you have changed your stance. Why?

Your initial point was that we should not start such "stupid threads" so that we don't "offend the Pakis".

Hardly in line with what you're saying now, eh?

You contradict yourself quite a lot, did you realize that?

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
And by the way, that thread got quite a few excellent points early on. Your pal, the Puki nationalist, came and started being abusive and trolling all over. That is what caused problems in that thread.

In such a case, your advice to the Indian forum members should have been to ignore trolling instead of responding. Instead, you advice the entire forum to stop creating any thread that might potentially offend Pukis. Indeed, you felt so terrible for your pal, Puki nationalist, that you felt compelled to send him a visitor message apologizing to him "on behalf of some stupid Indians"! :frusty:

Poor pakis indeed!

:frusty:

Last edited:

lemontree

Professional
@ Yusuf
What we need is another misadventure from Pakis. Shallow ingress along IB with some gains during the war in Kashmir and then trade what we captured along IB for Kashmir. There is no other way for this. It will take great sacrifice which our forces are always prepared for. We need the idiots in power to understand. We CAN'T let GB go.
There is another way.
Why should be wait for another misadventure from PA. Baltis are on the boil.
We need to activate them and give the PLA a "difficult time".

If the PLA takes over the LOC with India along north Kashmir, then we can get imaginative and start nibbling in ernest.

We also need to start buying off the Hurriyat and "neutralize" the ones not toeing the line.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Actually, the thread topic was a "question". He wanted suggestions. And though his introductory statements were somewhat "emotional", he did provide some good pointers later on.

If you felt that the thread did not get good responses, then you should have gone in to the thread and provided some solid points to answer the thread starter's question.

Let me tell you - any Indian who thinks that the de-nuking and/or breakup/neutering of Pakistan is not in Indian interest is stupid. Plain stupid.

There are no two ways about this.

And you said in the other thread, that "India should look at its own interests, and not those of Western think-tanks who advocate breakup of Pakistan". So there you were implying that breakup of Pakistan is not in Indian interest!! And now you have changed your stance. Why?

Your initial point was that we should not start such "stupid threads" so that we don't "offend the Pakis".

Hardly in line with what you're saying now, eh?

You contradict yourself quite a lot, did you realize that?
I am not saying that breakup of pakistan is not in indian interests....I was merely countering your point when u said that we should talk about breaking pakistan just because western thinktanks want so.....If we want to breakup them, it should be for our own interests and the suggestion u provide shouldn't be motivated by emotions as was the case on that thread....You yourself have admitted to that.

I don't have an issue with anti pakistan threads, I only have issue with that stupid thread because it was all emo and valueless, which offends foreigners without providing anything of value to the Indians, got my point???? The thread was useless...

Tianshan

What we need is another misadventure from Pakis. Shallow ingress along IB with some gains during the war in Kashmir and then trade what we captured along IB for Kashmir. There is no other way for this. It will take great sacrifice which our forces are always prepared for. We need the idiots in power to understand. We CAN'T let GB go.
do you really think they will trade kashmir for some gain along the international border?

does it seem likely? and how long you can hold such gains anyway.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
do you really think they will trade kashmir for some gain along the international border?

Gains along the International border is not cost effective.

One has to return the lands captured.

Gains in Kashmir is cost effective since one does not have to return the land captured!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am not saying that breakup of pakistan is not in indian interests....I was merely countering your point when u said that we should talk about breaking pakistan just because western thinktanks want so.....If we want to breakup them, it should be for our own interests and the suggestion u provide shouldn't be motivated by emotions as was the case on that thread....You yourself have admitted to that.

I don't have an issue with anti pakistan threads, I only have issue with that stupid thread because it was all emo and valueless, which offends foreigners without providing anything of value to the Indians, got my point???? The thread was useless...
India does not have to break up anyone.

Pakistan and Pakistani Punjabi arrogance is doing it for all.......themselves!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

They already did that once before with part of Gilgit baltistan gifted to China. So i wont be surprised if they sell more to China and may be get some JF-17 or I-pads in exchange. The only reason the beggar is sticking with China is because of its hate towards India, otherwise they will ask you to also convert and embrace Islam.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Is this leasing news is confirmed??? I don't think they can officially lease their land, It will not be liked by people of pakistan and moreover people of gilgit balistan will not accept chinese rule....

lemontree

Professional
@Tianshan

The Pakistanis did that twice alerady.

(a) In 1963 they handed over 5000 sq km of territory from POK.
(b) After the 1971 war, Pakistan exchanged the plain region of Chambb for the mountain tops captured by India in Poonch and Kargil region. India still has those mountain tops with troops deployed there.

amoy

Chini Pakistani Bhai Bhai

Pics of ongoing projects in Gilgit-Baltistan

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
India does not have to break up anyone.

Pakistan and Pakistani Punjabi arrogance is doing it for all.......themselves!
But we have to take POK by force or Dragon will encircle us. I don't care how we do it but we have to be able to take something back. Pakistanis don't have any concerns for POK because their objective was river points which we still retain in our side of J&K. But we need our territory back. And I don't care even if we have to remove this form of government to get it back.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles