Sri Lankan Highways

HeinzGud

Country flag
It's Colombo to Galle expressway.
More common transportation method is buses.
Well the E-01 Expressway is currently ends in Pinnaduwa, suburb of Galle 5km away from Galle proper. However the last leg of the Express way which will connect Matara to E-01 will be opened at the end of this year. Then it will be extended to Kataragama (A pilgrim destination worshiped by Hindus and Buddhists alike.)

IMO Trains connect major cities like Colombo-Kandy Colombo-Galle-Matara and Colombo-Negombo. Trains are cheap safe and comfortable compared with buses. But the biggest snags with trains are that they are not sticking to time tables and not frequent.

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Let's keep it to SriLankan roads. That Ashraf troll is banned for a while.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Bangladesh is a beautiful country... but Dhaka is very congested. If only Ashraf bhai had not tainted the thread...

Would anyone want me to post real Shonar Bangla pics?

pmaitra

Bangladesh is a beautiful country... but Dhaka is very congested. If only Ashraf bhai had not tainted the thread...

Would anyone want me to post real Shonar Bangla pics?
Yes, go ahead.

sobeautifulsrilanka

@sobeautifulsrilanka excellent videos and pictures. I would like to know how you shot those videos, as in what camera you used and what software you used to edit the videos. Thanks.
Thanks for the compliment. I'll be posting many more videos of Sri Lanka on my youtube channel ( visitbeautifullanka - YouTube ) over the coming weeks and months.

The camera I use is a Panasonic LX7, and for editing I use Microsoft Movie Maker which is a free download (google "movie maker") from Microsoft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Popthepuff

Beautiful country and well maintained.

@Kito the expressway you posted is between which cities?. What is the major transport mode between big cities?.
The real "big cities" are Colombo, Kotte, Dehiwala, Negombo, Kandy Kalmunai and Moratuwa, almost all of which are built adjacent to each other in the western district, which means that there really isn't any need for a highway or expressway. The expressway is used a lot nowadays by people going to the south, but a lot of people still use the normal road for shorter trips along the way, or some people who can't afford the expressway rates use it. Most people travel aboard buses, between cities.

Some more work on the modernization of transportation plan:
-The final plans
-Closer plans
-construction

Last edited by a moderator:

HeinzGud

Country flag
^^^^^ this highway is being built near to my house... lolz :p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles