NSA Ajit Doval warns China over Pakistan occupied Kashmir projects

Srinivas_K

Country flag

New Delhi: Underlining India's strong security concerns regarding Chinese presence in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval during his ongoing China visit has categorically conveyed to top government functionaries there that this was detrimental to the long term peace process between India and Pakistan.

Mr Doval is in Beijing to finalise the maiden visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping to India which is expected to start on September 16.

Sources said during a series of meeting between senior Indian and Chinese officials, the NSA informed that Pakistan was using China to develop infrastructure in the PoK region close to the LoC and IB as this would subsequently be used to step up terror activities across the border.

Sources said India told Beijing that development of roads, communication network and power in border areas will help terror operatives in the long run as they are already have a number of training camps in the area.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is important to send a message to the Chinese.

Yet, at the same time, it is important to indicate to the Chinese that India has more to offer the Chinese than Pakistan.

Requires delicate and matured handling so as to isolate Pakistan for all times to come.

Ashutosh Lokhande

It is important to send a message to the Chinese.

Yet, at the same time, it is important to indicate to the Chinese that India has more to offer the Chinese than Pakistan.

Requires delicate and matured handling so as to isolate Pakistan for all times to come.
How can china let go pak? Afterall its one of efficient ways to contain india and make sure india is constantly bled.
And make it more difficult for india to catch up to chinese.

China wont like to share its regional power status with india.
Do talwar ek maiden me nahi reh sakte.

Even if india can offer more to chinese than pak ever can but still
I dont think china will ever let go pak and there plans to harm india.
We need to take every step dealing with chinese very cautiously.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China will see her strategic interest In Pakistan.

But will use India as a leverage to rein in Pakistan's 'invisible' warriors in Uighur lands.

That will mellow Pakistan, with the US and even China, 'cooling' off.

It will come to heel.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
There should be only one order in Asia. Chinese are not made to lead Asia, they are a hypocritical, authoritative and conservative regime.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
How can china let go pak? Afterall its one of efficient ways to contain india and make sure india is constantly bled.
And make it more difficult for india to catch up to chinese.

China wont like to share its regional power status with india.
Do talwar ek maiden me nahi reh sakte.

Even if india can offer more to chinese than pak ever can but still
I dont think china will ever let go pak and there plans to harm india.
We need to take every step dealing with chinese very cautiously.
Yes China will fight India to the last Pakistani is true, but only if China wants (sees the need) to fight India.
If that is taken out of the equation ..........

prohumanity

Country flag
Pretty weird ideas.! Why would China like to fight India...I ask..WHY? There is no reason. I can site many reasons for China to be friendly to India..the biggest one---China-India trade can be "higher than Himalayas and deeper than Indian Ocean..and ..of course..sweeter than honey(dollars)"
Its so easy to mislead Indians as they are so emotional people..they get paranoid easily because they were dominated and controlled for centuries..first, by Mughals and than by British. So, any hint of somebody trying to dominate /control them..provokes fear and anger.
China has lot to gain by being friends with India and India has a lot to gain by being friends with China. Don't let anyone provoke you ..try to see the logic and don't be a pawn in the hands of some forces whose interests are best served by creating enmity between China and India.
Pakistan is not going to a factor..Paki is at a final point ...it has to choose between peaceful coexistence with India and be a trade partner OR keep being a puppet of foreign powers who will throw a few peanuts here and there. Pakis long term interest is being friendly to both its giant neighbors..I think
the civilian leaders of Pakistan clearly understand this.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Pretty weird ideas.! Why would China like to fight India...I ask..WHY? There is no reason. I can site many reasons for China to be friendly to India..the biggest one---China-India trade can be "higher than Himalayas and deeper than Indian Ocean..and ..of course..sweeter than honey(dollars)"
Its so easy to mislead Indians as they are so emotional people..they get paranoid easily because they were dominated and controlled for centuries..first, by Mughals and than by British. So, any hint of somebody trying to dominate /control them..provokes fear and anger.
China has lot to gain by being friends with India and India has a lot to gain by being friends with China. Don't let anyone provoke you ..try to see the logic and don't be a pawn in the hands of some forces whose interests are best served by creating enmity between China and India.
Pakistan is not going to a factor..Paki is at a final point ...it has to choose between peaceful coexistence with India and be a trade partner OR keep being a puppet of foreign powers who will throw a few peanuts here and there. Pakis long term interest is being friendly to both its giant neighbors..I think
Total nonsense , The assessment is from NSA chief Doval a brilliant spy with a brilliant mind.

Explain why CCP distributed maps of Arunachal as apart of China to PLA??

Why China is bullying in SCS??

Why Chinese are supporting Pakistani Nuclear program and also arming them to teeth?

Chinese or any other big power do not want a rising power in the vicinity this is the rule that is applied to all times.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
We certainly hope what you say is true. Distrust regarding china restarted around three years back when Brookings institution created a theory about "string of pearls". Looking at Chinese interest in Bangladesh , Burma , Sri Lanka , pakistan you would think this theory is not unfounded. Indian media caught hold of this theory and most of the current thought process is result of this theory. And of course older generation will not forget 62 war.

Other than business initiatives by china progress on boundary issues will be good start. The same people will be praising china once border issues are solved. I don't think india is looking more than converting existing LAC as permanent boundaries.

Last edited:

Ashutosh Lokhande

May be i wasnt being clear.

I agree with you that china wont like to war with india; theres too much to loose for them. But also thats the very reson why they dont want pak to fail. They will continue support/sponsor pak and want them to constantly harras india and be obstacle to smooth road of indian progress. Even if they get no much profit by investing in there economy; its more than worth it for them as a fighting fit pak will do the job what they dont want to.

I also agree with you that strong economical relation between india china is in intrest of both countries but i dont think china would like us to match them step to step and toe to toe. hence they will use pak to slow the pace of india.

prohumanity

Country flag
yes...older people will not easily forget 62 because some folks want to keep reminding them of 62 ..as there is nothing else significant from 1962 to 2014...to demonize China and the hate to keep hatred of China alive in Indian minds. But, they don't want you to remember 1965, 1971, Kargil ...Sabre jets, Patton tanks, Kashmir instigation through Pakistan, Human rights bogey, Economic sanctions on India and mistreatment of Khobragade and a whole lot more..Please ..quickly forget how we treated you....just remember 1962...because it serves our interests and as you know..all that matters is OUR interest..Let me keep reminding you...62..62..62...62...62...62...
I am worried you will forget 62..let me remind you again ..62..before you forget and start trading with China...then, you will come to know that it was a good idea to be friends and do a lot of business with China...I can not make you afraid then.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
National security threats are assessed based on realities not on some delusions.

Every country wants to engage the immediate threat , threats assessment is not based on like because some one hates west(they have done their share of harm to India) or some one hates another religion bitterly.

Last edited:

Ashutosh Lokhande

yes...older people will not easily forget 62 because some folks want to keep reminding them of 62 ..as there is nothing else significant from 1962 to 2014...to demonize China and the hate to keep hatred of China alive in Indian minds. But, they don't want you to remember 1965, 1971, Kargil ...Sabre jets, Patton tanks, Kashmir instigation through Pakistan, Human rights bogey, Economic sanctions on India and mistreatment of Khobragade and a whole lot more..Please ..quickly forget how we treated you....just remember 1962...because it serves our interests and as you know..all that matters is OUR interest..Let me keep reminding you...62..62..62...62...62...62...
I am worried you will forget 62..let me remind you again ..62..before you forget and start trading with China...then, you will come to know that it was a good idea to be friends and do a lot of business with China...I can not make you afraid then.
Theres a reson to be cautious about the chinese. even after 62 they keep pushing us. They trying to surround us by string of pearls; claiming almost whole of AP and other territories. They already took aksai chin from us. They continue to support pak diplomaticaly economically as well as militarily. In 71 they were ready to declare war on us but russia came to the rescue. Dont forget they wer the one to support and supply pak with nukes and other wepons. There maybe many such occasions which i may have forgot to mention here.
Thers a saying that you can know a person by the company he keeps. Guess which 2 countries are best friends of china?

prohumanity

Country flag
But, friend..I agree totally with you about being catious about Chinese..I support the notion that India should be very focused on making its military extremely strong in all different ways. Let me correct you on two points...first..in 1971, it was not China who threatened India of attack...in fact, It was US who sent SEVENTH fleet in Indian Ocean with threats and Indira Gandhi had to change her mind of teaching west Pakistan a lesson..Second..it was not China who gave Nuclear technology to Pakistan...it was a few European countries....from where Pakis..(AQ Khan ) "stole" the technology...some say..they actually bought it. I don't know, Ashutosh, what media you are watching or what history books you are reading..You are being told exactly the opposite of what really happened. How do I know..because I have a razor sharp memory of 1970s and 1980s as I have always been a voracious reader and recall a lot from the Indira Gandhi days..even I remember the exact scenes...including the sinking of GHAZI paki submarine and surrender of Paki Gen Niazi with tears in his eyes.
As far as..the company you keep...China is keeping the company of Russia these days...(they have signed a 400 billion oil/gas pipeline deal with Russia).

Neo

Yes China will fight India to the last Pakistani is true, but only if China wants (sees the need) to fight India.
If that is taken out of the equation ..........
China and India will grow to be strong trading partners but the rivallery in the region and specially in the Indian Ocean will certainly increase when China starts building military bases in Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and most probably Sudan. The Sino-Pak projects in Gilgit-Baltistan are not only meant to improve infrastructure for trade but also enhance rapid military movements in case of any future conflicts. You might have noticed that China has invested huge amounts into building infrastructure all around India, from Arunachal Pradesh to Southern Tibet and Ladakh and now Gilgit-Baltistan.

Chinese are pragmatic people, prepared for all scenarios. There is a lot on stake and too many potential alliances threatning her as India is flirting with USA who will fight China to the last Indian.

Mr Doval won't reach anything in Beijing.

Ashutosh Lokhande

But, friend..I agree totally with you about being catious about Chinese..I support the notion that India should be very focused on making its military extremely strong in all different ways. Let me correct you on two points...first..in 1971, it was not China who threatened India of attack...in fact, It was US who sent SEVENTH fleet in Indian Ocean with threats and Indira Gandhi had to change her mind of teaching west Pakistan a lesson..Second..it was not China who gave Nuclear technology to Pakistan...it was a few European countries....from where Pakis..(AQ Khan ) "stole" the technology...some say..they actually bought it. I don't know, Ashutosh, what media you are watching or what history books you are reading..You are being told exactly the opposite of what really happened. How do I know..because I have a razor sharp memory of 1970s and 1980s as I have always been a voracious reader and recall a lot from the Indira Gandhi days..even I remember the exact scenes...including the sinking of GHAZI paki submarine and surrender of Paki Gen Niazi with tears in his eyes.
As far as..the company you keep...China is keeping the company of Russia these days...(they have signed a 400 billion oil/gas pipeline deal with Russia).
I am not wrong to say that china threatend to open attack on us in 1971. You my try to do a research of your own.
Source :- http://archive.thedailystar.net/beta2/news/us-fleet-in-bay-of-bengal-a-game-of-deception/ (read directly 5th para if you short on time)

Again i am right in saying china helped pakistan build nuke. And yes you are correct that aq khan stole the blue prints from a european country its netherland to be pricise.
There are many sources i found on net about china assisting pak on nukes but heres one :- http://www.asianwarrior.com/2013/07/china-helps-pakistan-to-develop-nuclear.html?m=1

You might be having razor sharp memory but a bit low on information.
If you wer a verocious reader you must have known these facts.

I am being told exactly the opposite of what happend? Ok so was it india threatening china in 71? Or did pak helped china build nukes? :lol:

No matter how much china is building good relation with russia there is only 1 deeper than ocean sweeter than honey highrr than mountain all weather friend.
And less talked about her other best friend the better.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
No need to explain all this mate .... leave him to his opinion :thumb:

Delusional views cannot be countered with practical and real facts.

I am not wrong to say that china threatend to open attack on us in 1971. You my try to do a research of your own.
Source :- US Fleet in Bay of Bengal: A game of deception (read directly 5th para if you short on time)

Again i am right in saying china helped pakistan build nuke. And yes you are correct that aq khan stole the blue prints from a european country its netherland to be pricise.
There are many sources i found on net about china assisting pak on nukes but heres one :- Asian Warrior: China Helps Pakistan to Develop Nuclear Weapons

You might be having razor sharp memory but a bit low on information.
If you wer a verocious reader you must have known these facts.

I am being told exactly the opposite of what happend? Ok so was it india threatening china in 71? Or did pak helped china build nukes? :lol:

No matter how much china is building good relation with russia there is only 1 deeper than ocean sweeter than honey highrr than mountain all weather friend.
And less talked about her other best friend the better.

Ashutosh Lokhande

China and India will grow to be strong trading partners but the rivallery in the region and specially in the Indian Ocean will certainly increase when China starts building military bases in Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and most probably Sudan. The Sino-Pak projects in Gilgit-Baltistan are not only meant to improve infrastructure for trade but also enhance rapid military movements in case of any future conflicts. You might have noticed that China has invested huge amounts into building infrastructure all around India, from Arunachal Pradesh to Southern Tibet and Ladakh and now Gilgit-Baltistan.

Chinese are pragmatic people, prepared for all scenarios. There is a lot on stake and too many potential alliances threatning her as India is flirting with USA who will fight China to the last Indian.

Mr Doval won't reach anything in Beijing.
Agree with most of your points exvept last 2 para.

Can you eloborate how US will fight china till last indian?

Doval wont reach anything in beijing?
Doval has just gone there to make sure the deal is happening according to schedule and to confirm the visit.

I can understand your jeolousy after china announcing to invest 100 billion usd in india :D

Last edited:

Neo

Agree with most of your points exvept last 2 para.
Glad we finally agreed on someting.

Can you eloborate how US will fight china till last indian?
India is seen as a US' counterpart to contain China. Arming India and giving her laterst technologies as well as strenthening her strategic assets vs China are all part of this strategy.
Fortunately China has the economic might to engage India at her own and reduce chances of military conflits by expanding bilateral economic ties.

Doval wont reach anything in beijing?
Doval has just gone there to make sure the deal is happening according to schedule and to confirm the visit.
True, but he didn't hesitate to persuade China to halt development and construction projects in Gilgit-Baltistan.

I can understand your jeolousy after china announcing to invest 100 billion usd in india :D
You couldn't leave it, could you? First you provoke with you falmebaiting assumptions and then complain that I am trolling if I take the bait.

I will reply anyways. Jealousy? Not at all. I am confedent with the $50 billion investment China has pledged and if things start taking pace, others will follow.

You know what is funny? When I started the Chinese investment thread in Pakistan all heard from Indian experts was how China was exploiting Pakistan. And how the initial plan to invest $32 billion would destroy and enslave Pakistani exonomy and turn her into another North Korea.
Now you are smelling Chinese money, all of sudden it becomes sweeter than honey.

This my friend is called jealousy and double.standards based on bias views and insecurity.

I don't intend to turn this debate in another pi*sing off contest so kindly don't make synical assumptions and enjoy the good debate.

Last edited:

Ashutosh Lokhande

India is seen as a US' counterpart to contain China. Arming India and giving her laterst technologies as well as strenthening her strategic assets vs China are all part of this strategy.
I hope unlike last time you got your facts and source with you.

You can say country X is arming country Y when X is selling some high tech and deadly wepons to Y provided no other country is willing to offer.
Also you cant say X is arming Y when they are sold arms at market rate and not for free or soft loan when Y has also other options to choose from.

Can you list some LATEST technologies that US has given us which can be seen as direct threat to china for free of cost or soft loan or any other cutting edge technology which no other country is willing to give us?

[/QUOTE] Fortunately China has the economic might to engage India at her own and reduce chances of military conflits by expanding bilateral economic ties. [/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what we want too. We dont wanna fight with china or any other country for that matter. Its in both countries intrest if military conflicts can be reduced by expanding bilateral economic ties.

[/QUOTE]True, but he didn't hesitate to persuade China to halt development and construction projects in Gilgit-Baltistan.
[/QUOTE]

He went there to persuade them for putting rest the territory issue once and for all. The major thorn between indo-china ties.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles