Does Kashmir belong to Pakistan?

genius

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am an Indian patriot but can't help but wonder whether Kashmir belongs to Pakistan.

First off, Kashmir is Muslim majority, and according to the partition plan, muslim-majority areas are supposed to go to Pakistan. But Indians argue that the kashmir king gave kashmir away to India. But this argument is not valid for two reasons. First, the king was hindu. Second, even giving away a house or small property is not easy ... so how can we be arrogant enough to think that one man had the right to give away an entire state (the size of many countries in Europe) to India? Surely, the aspirations of the people are more important.

So for these reasons, I wonder whether India violently snatched Kashmir away from Pakistan ... and hence Pakistan is justified in fighting back?

Blackwater

I am an Indian patriot but can't help but wonder whether Kashmir belongs to Pakistan.

First off, Kashmir is Muslim majority, and according to the partition plan, muslim-majority areas are supposed to go to Pakistan. But Indians argue that the kashmir king gave kashmir away to India. But this argument is not valid for two reasons. First, the king was hindu. Second, even giving away a house or small property is not easy ... so how can we be arrogant enough to think that one man had the right to give away an entire state (the size of many countries in Europe) to India? Surely, the aspirations of the people are more important.

So for these reasons, I wonder whether India violently snatched Kashmir away from Pakistan ... and hence Pakistan is justified in fighting back?
It was Pakistan who violently snatches half Kashmir from India . Read 1948 war. How jail jihadi pathan looters from Pakistan tribale area's entered Kashmir and rapend woman and looted everything in 1948 war.

How Indian army stoppend them and How nehru betrayed by running to UN

Srinivas_K

Country flag

The princely states are given choice to merge with India or Pakistan.

On that account Kashmir belongs to India.

Pakistan forcefully merged Baluchistan India also did the same with Hyderabad and other states.

But Kashmir is between India and Pakistan, Kashmir king wanted to remain independent But Pakistan tried to invade Kashmir, India responded. The king agreed to Join India.

Last edited:

Neo

Get ready to be trolled. :rofl:

Neo

Kashmir belongs to the Kashmiris untill the day arrives that they are given a choice to decide their own future.

ladder

Country flag
Kashmir belongs to the Kashmiris untill the day arrives that they are given a choice to decide their own future.
Yeah, similarly

Bengal belongs to Bangalies, Nagaland belongs to various Naga tribes, Tamil Nadu belongs to Tamils, Kerala to Keralites and so on......................................

Till the time they want to remain with India and till Indian parliament doesn't makes constitutional amendment to accept their independence.

I don't think the above process is unique to Kashmir.

ladder

Country flag

Generally, I don't reply to such posts by newbies, without requesting Mods for an IP check.

But, can you show me the partition plan?

brational

Country flag
What makes the Pakis believe that Kashmir belongs to them?

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Yes, As a Indian I proud we played Chankya game and Occupied Kashmir

Not only Kashmir entire Punjab (70% Muslims pop. including Delhi) belongs to Pakistan
Nehru-Mountbatten-Elina Triangular Love story worked in favor of India :rofl:

p.s Many Indians don't agree they want to be Gandians
you are an Idiot of First class !!

Muslims wanted a land for themselves and India gave them .... Partition is never based on equality.

Muslims are 95 million and Hindus are 235 Million at the time of partition.

How come partition be equal??

India generously gave the land to muslims ..... too much of fake glorification of Pakistan and its history will result in delusions and you are in one of them.

Pakistani Muslims out of delusions thought that they can conquer India, once they realized their british trained Pakistani army cannot take on same british trained Indian army.

They thought they are equals to India.

1971 proved that Pakistan is inferior to India, then they wanted to implemnt "death by 1000 cuts".

Now the terror created by them is killing them.

In this whole close to 7 decades they never realized who they were and what pakistan is .... You also come in that category.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
First don't compare today's Pak/Muslims with 1947 pak/Muslims
What changed since 1947??

Did any miracle happened in Pakistan to change Pakistani mulsims since 1947, how amusing !!!

Why u want to be gandi be proud we occupied their land, come pakis and fight with us and take Kashmir
I have no Idea what you are saying here ...... India's stand on Kashmir never changed.

They thought they r equal bcoz they thought Pnj+Kashmir+parts of Assam with them but they failed in Triangular love story :rofl:
Even if they got Punjab Assam etc...etc... ,

With the mind set of theirs and their way of thinking in the present day world, they will still ruin those lands. Indians (majority Hindus) are with progressive mindset not the case with muslims.

Regarding equality Pakistanis love to call their country equal to India and this concepts ends there.(I am only talking about countries not people)

India's interior is the powerful land as history proves. The lands which Pakistan existed is in turmoil for centuries.

Last edited:

Neo

Yeah, similarly

Bengal belongs to Bangalies, Nagaland belongs to various Naga tribes, Tamil Nadu belongs to Tamils, Kerala to Keralites and so on......................................

Till the time they want to remain with India and till Indian parliament doesn't makes constitutional amendment to accept their independence.

I don't think the above process is unique to Kashmir.
Kashmir is a disputed territory and Kashmiris still have the right to have their pleb as per Partition Act. A hindu maharaja could not have joined India legally ignoring the muslim majority in a princely state.
Therefor Kashmir cannot be compared with Nagaland, Tamil Nadu or other states you mentioned.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The real issue is does Pakistan belong to Pakistan?

Given what is happening it belong to many - Pak Army, ISI, Taliban, secessionists, Uzbekhs, Chinese (in Northern Area and elsewhere) and disruptive elements like Imran Khan and Mullah Qadri.

let us resolve this issue first.

ladder

Country flag
Kashmir is a disputed territory and Kashmiris still have the right to have their pleb as per Partition Act. A hindu maharaja could not have joined India legally ignoring the muslim majority in a princely state.
Therefor Kashmir cannot be compared with Nagaland, Tamil Nadu or other states you mentioned.
A hindu maharaja could not have joined India legally ignoring the muslim majority in a princely state.
Source?
========================

Other points have been debunked many times.

India voluntarily took Kashmir to UN so, UN resolution is under chapter VI which is non-enforceable. Hope your jahil awam knows it. Further the UN resolution hasn't been implemented due to non-operation by Pakistan.

So, Kashmir will cease to be a dispute the day we want it. But, that will not be the best thing to do.

Last edited:

Neo

[video=youtube_share;4j06KOtXMOM]http://youtu.be/4j06KOtXMOM[/video]
Great move. UK should bring it to Strasbourg and have a EU debate on HR violations, specially about AFSPA.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Plebiscite?

You are ill informed and barking up the wrong tree.

I am sure you were not made aware of this:

United Nations Security Council Resolution 47, adopted on April 21, 1948, after hearing arguments from both India and Pakistan the Council increased the size of the Commission established by United Nations Security Council Resolution 39 to five members, instructed the Commission to go to the subcontinent and help the governments of India and Pakistan restore peace and order to the region and prepare for a plebiscite to decide the fate of Kashmir. The resolution was passed by United Nations Security Council under chapter VI of UN Charter. Resolutions passed under Chapter VI of UN charter are considered non binding and have no mandatory enforceability as opposed to the resolutions passed under Chapter VII.

The resolution recommended that in order to ensure the impartiality of the plebiscite Pakistan withdraw all tribesmen and nationals who entered the region for the purpose of fighting and that India leave only the minimum number of troops needed to keep civil order. The Commission was also to send as many observers into the region as it deemed necessary to ensure the provisions of the resolution were enacted. Pakistan ignored the UN mandate, did not withdraw its troops and claimed the withdrawal of Indian forces was a prerequisite as per this resolution. Subsequently Pakistan refused to implement the plebiscite until India accedes to it and continued holding on to the portion of Kashmir under its control.
If you are ignorant, don't display it please.

Sheik Obdullah was a party to the Instrument of Accession and he is hardly a Hindu or a Maharaja.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
The real issue is does Pakistan belong to Pakistan?

Given what is happening it belong to many - Pak Army, ISI, Taliban, secessionists, Uzbekhs, Chinese (in Northern Area and elsewhere) and disruptive elements like Imran Khan and Mullah Qadri.

let us resolve this issue first.
In 1947 Pakistan army got a territory after partition.

Reactions: Ray

Global Defence

New threads

Articles