Australia returns two stolen ancient, priceless idols to India

Zebra

Country flag
Australia returns two stolen ancient, priceless idols to India - IBNLive

New Delhi: Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott who is on a state visit to India is returning two looted idols seized from Australian museums during a meeting with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Friday.

Abbott is personally delivering the National Gallery of Australia's Rs 30 crore ($5 million) Dancing Shiva or Nataraja Ardand and the Art Gallery of New South Wales's Rs 2 crore ($300,000) Ardhanarishvara to Modi as a "gesture of good will" at a state reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in the evening.....

Srinivas_K

Country flag
returned to india to be stolen again and smuggled again to a different country.

ulta australia me safe thi
:lol::lol::lol:
I hope these idols will be kept safe :lol:. These rackets are multi million dollar gangs connected all over the world.

wrigsted

Country flag
My first Hindu statue was a similar Nataraja, of course, a copy and about 10 cm from the base to the top. I have an even smaller version I have worn as an amulet daily the last few years and I am a European and an atheist.
You must take better care of your idols, as this story shows, it is not only Indians and Hindus who appreciate them, for better or worse.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
My first Hindu statue was a similar Nataraja, of course, a copy and about 10 cm from the base to the top. I have an even smaller version I have worn as an amulet daily the last few years and I am a European and an atheist.
You must take better care of your idols, as this story shows, it is not only Indians and Hindus who appreciate them, for better or worse.
Yes you are correct, Nataraja is a manifestation of Lord Shiva "Destroyer of worlds".

When he dances with anger he will destroy the worlds. This is a manifestation of the concept that worlds will be created and destroyed. The concept is illustrated in EU at CERN. Some believe that experiments on particle may create anti matter which can destroy the world.

Apart from that Lord Shiva represents "Rudra" a fearful sound some believe this is the same sound we listen when we observe the "cosmos", "OM" sound is similar to that.

Hindu scriptures are full of manifestation of these concepts which are related to creation and destruction of worlds.

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Thank you Australia we will always remember this good gesture.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles