Chidambaram meets Taliban cleric

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
NEW DELHI: The BJP on Monday slammed UPA government over its foreign policy, saying India had no say in the ongoing negotiations on Afghanistan and pointing at the case of a Pakistani official who was allowed to hold talks with Kashmiri separatists here even though our position on the issue is non-negotiable.

BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi alleged that India's foreign policy had stagnated under the UPA government.

While finance minister P Chidambaram met Taliban cleric Mullah Abdul Salam Zaeef in Goa, in another instance, India was not given any role in the recent talks between US, UK, China and Pakistan on Afghanistan, Lekhi said in her criticism of UPA's foreign policy.

The latest controversy, Lekhi said, is the shocking instance of the government allowing Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's adviser Sartaj Aziz to hold talks with Hurriyat leaders in Delhi.

"What is the interest of the Congress in allowing such talks when Parliament has passed several resolutions affirming that Kashmir is an integral part of India.

"Its territorial integrity is non-negotiable, there cannot be any legitimate reason for Congress to allow Pakistanis to meddle in Kashmir," Lekhi said.

This was another example of the government's "disgraced" foreign policy where national interest was compromised to facilitate Pakistani interests in Kashmir, she charged.

"Be it Pakistan or China, Congress has risked India's territorial integrity on more than one occasion. UPA's extra rope to Pakistan and the false belief that Sharif will deliver seem artificial diplomatic gestures. We must work for India's national interests," Lekhi said.

She demanded an explanation from UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on their position on these matters of foreign policy.

Pakistan-occupied Kashmir must be restored to India through an amicable settlement and representatives from the other Kashmir must get a voice in the Jammu & Kashmir assembly, Lekhi added.

"Congress's obsession in legitimizing and facilitating foreign interests must be condemned in the strongest possible words. India must uproot Congress in order to protect her national interests," Lekhi said.

BJP slams Congress foreign policy as 'Chidambaram meets Taliban cleric in Goa' - The Times of India

:frusty::frusty::frusty:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Salman kurshid or Chidambaram

Edited

UPA slowly allowing Jihadisim and Sharia Law inside India

Last edited by a moderator:

kseeker

Retired
What the Effff :mad:

These turds will never hesitate even to sell India covertly to Pukes and talibanis :frusty:

When India will get rid of these bloody hands of CONmen ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Maybe he is to be 'our man' in chaotic Qabool!

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Pathetic state of affairs :frusty:

Maybe Taliban wants to contest election in secular India so congress(ISI) is helping them to form third front.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Retarded fanboys with no grasp of geopolitics foaming at the mouth.

When west meets with terrorists they are louded for being pragmatic but our desi retards want India to stick to a single stance. Point is not that we will benefit or not but that atleast were starting to be pragmatic rather than being idealistic like nehru.

Just to let you know there are two talibans according to pakistan so they wouldn't be pleased with this but our retarded wankers are only seeing elections. Tell me retards when enemies of taliban ie usa, iran and china can meet with them why not us ? It is because of clowns like those who foam at such things that our foreign policy is in tatters because cock sucking of party > national interest :frusty:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Actually, they are not 'retards'.

They are common Indians who fear the Islamic 'expansion' that is taking place around the world and anything remotely connected to it.

By 'expansion' I mean radical and violent thought.

Can't blame them, given the devastation that has happened to India by these paid fundamentalist claiming to be the flag bearers of protection of Islam!

Geostrategy and geoploitics is too complex for all to fathom.

Even Khurshed is found lacking!

And poor Farooqi bringing religion as the rationale for the arrest of a confirmed IM head honcho!

If such so called 'eminent' and 'educated' people are found to be total chumps, why blame others?

So, why blame the common Indian to being 'retards'?

You sincerely believe that all this kowtowing to include to such a miniscule of a Nation, as large as a postage stamp, as Maldives is great Foreign Policy?

Is the reduction of a large Nation amongst its smaller and even a bigger neighbour to that of a lamppost, where the passing bladderfull dog finds relief, great National Foreign Policy?

I find that intelligence defying.

I don't find the Indian foreign policy very encouraging.

And notwithstanding you colourful epithet for those don't ascribe to finding the Indian Foreign Policy a diktat from the Heavens, I would hardly be amongst the those who lactate penises.

In these matters, I actually follow the Quaran!

Last edited:

kseeker

Retired
Retarded fanboys with no grasp of geopolitics foaming at the mouth.

When west meets with terrorists they are louded for being pragmatic but our desi retards want India to stick to a single stance. Point is not that we will benefit or not but that atleast were starting to be pragmatic rather than being idealistic like nehru.

Just to let you know there are two talibans according to pakistan so they wouldn't be pleased with this but our retarded wankers are only seeing elections. Tell me retards when enemies of taliban ie usa, iran and china can meet with them why not us ? It is because of clowns like those who foam at such things that our foreign policy is in tatters because cock sucking of party > national interest :frusty:
Hello Hello EINSTEIN, Calm down !

You talk as if you are THE P Chidambaram, the great lawmaker who is in disguise of the Messiah !

The so called national interest what you had referred is not in the interest of our nation. But Alas... you have your own retarted theory and propaganda, can't help :tsk:

Poseidon

Country flag
Good move.
Zaeef helped forge a deal between Taliban commanders( in provinces like laghman ) & India for safety of Indian Projects.

ninja85

source: fb
as if they don't have visa already along with aadhar card,ration card and also election card to vote corrupt congress

corrupt congress leaders meets taliban,must asking them to help in election to win

what else anyone should expect from corrupt congress

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I would put it this way that there is always a good reason to have a person who is sympathetic to one's cause.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I wrote this on my blog

Is India opening up to Taliban?

Who would have thought India will see a Taliban leader getting a visa to India and sharing a platform with an Indian Union Minister? Well it has happened when Mulla Abdul Salam Zaeef was invited for the Think India meet in Goa where Mr P Chidambaram was also present.

Abdul Salam Zaeef was once the Ambassador to Pakistan of Taliban regime. After 9/11, he was handed over by Pakistan to the US and was in Guantanamo Bay prison where he is alleged have to be kept in bad condition and tortured. Mysteriously he was released and found his way back to Kabul then UAE and even Saudi Arabia. He was considered close to Mullah Omar and thought to be a more moderate face of the Taliban. Currently living with heavy protection in Kandahar.

Zaeef has in the past held negotiations with the Saudis although he denies any peace talks ever happened. Zaeef has in the past called for a reconciliation and a unity government and says there can be no peace in Afghanistan without the Taliban being involved.

It is possible that with 2014 US troop withdrawal in sight and with the US looking for all possibilities including dealing with Taliban as seen from the botched Doha plan where Taliban was allowed to open an office,India too could be looking at the possibilities of dealing with Taliban or some fraction within it considering there is a chance of political instability in Afghanistan after Karzai leaves office along with US drawdown.India has invested over $2 billion in Afghanistan and is keen to protect its commercial as well as strategic interests.

Mullah Zaeef probably presents a "good" avenue for India in this regard. He holds bitterness against Pakistan as it handed him over to the US and spent time in Gitmo. Its possible that India views his bitterness against Pakistan and acceptance within the Taliban as a good enough reason to ipen a dialog with him. This is off course a departure from the past as India has opposed any talks with Taliban and said there is nothing like a good Taliban. But considering the geopolitical reality,India may be now looking at the option of giving the Taliban a chance especially with fears within he security establishment that after US withdrawal from Afghanistan,the "victorious" Taliban,unemployed an looking for new "mission" could target India and infiltrate into Kashmir.

Its also possible that India is under US pressure to find ways to deal with the Taliban after the failure of Doha.Zaeef may present a less rigid face of Taliban and not the cocky ones that flew Taliban flags in Doha.

Its possible that the government will deny any talks with Taliban but given the UPA's penchant for track II talks,its possible that India is indeed talking with Taliban. Karzai with whom India has signed a security pact is not going to appreciate this.But given the fact that Zaeef lives in Kandahar, and Karzais own attempts to find peace, its possible that Karzai knows about India's track II talks and possibly has his approval.

http://sarvatravijay.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/is-india-opening-up-to-taliban/

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Hello Hello EINSTEIN, Calm down !

You talk as if you are THE P Chidambaram, the great lawmaker who is in disguise of the Messiah !

The so called national interest what you had referred is not in the interest of our nation. But Alas... you have your own retarted theory and propaganda, can't help :tsk:
He was betrayed by pakistan plus one isn't simply let off from gtmo bay. So put 1 and 1 together and see what you get. Moreover he lives in afghanistan and the afghans probably know it and are in talks with him themselves. Lest i remind you we are allies with the afghans. So sit back and see the big picture instead of shouting secularism from rooftops!

Anything pinching pakis is in India's national interest. geopolitics is not black and white

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Actually, they are not 'retards'.

They are common Indians who fear the Islamic 'expansion' that is taking place around the world and anything remotely connected to it.

By 'expansion' I mean radical and violent thought.

Can't blame them, given the devastation that has happened to India by these paid fundamentalist claiming to be the flag bearers of protection of Islam!

Geostrategy and geoploitics is too complex for all to fathom.

Even Khurshed is found lacking!

And poor Farooqi bringing religion as the rationale for the arrest of a confirmed IM head honcho!

If such so called 'eminent' and 'educated' people are found to be total chumps, why blame others?

So, why blame the common Indian to being 'retards'?

You sincerely believe that all this kowtowing to include to such a miniscule of a Nation, as large as a postage stamp, as Maldives is great Foreign Policy?

Is the reduction of a large Nation amongst its smaller and even a bigger neighbour to that of a lamppost, where the passing bladderfull dog finds relief, great National Foreign Policy?

I find that intelligence defying.

I don't find the Indian foreign policy very encouraging.

And notwithstanding you colourful epithet for those don't ascribe to finding the Indian Foreign Policy a diktat from the Heavens, I would hardly be amongst the those who lactate penises.

In these matters, I actually follow the Quaran!
Getting annoying how are foreign policy is being run according to party politics while the nation suffers. Latest being the lankan fiasco due to tamil parties. What does secularism have to do with this ? parties bashing each other to score points is one thing but on a defense forum one expects better giving due weightage to realpolitik. India must be open to talk with anyone if it is in its interest, nehruvian idealism got us no where in the international arena so its time we shed this nonsense and get real. congress-bjp-regional parties tu tu mein mein has made our foreign policy inept. The same people roving mad about this incident loud israel and claim we should be like them..then let them be reminded that israel also made deals with hamas when plo was calling the shots back in the day, same israel sent weapons to iran..they are pragmatic while we are not but when a step is taken in the right direction so called pseudo nationalists start bashing that too. geopolitics is not black and white

kseeker

Retired
He was betrayed by pakistan plus one isn't simply let off from gtmo bay. So put 1 and 1 together and see what you get. Moreover he lives in afghanistan and the afghans probably know it and are in talks with him themselves. Lest i remind you we are allies with the afghans. So sit back and see the big picture instead of shouting secularism from rooftops!

Anything pinching pakis is in India's national interest. geopolitics is not black and white
Alright, let's see what comes next, good Taliban or bad Taliban or just Taliban for India. Fingers crossed !

Blackwater

source: fb
he looks like foreign minister of Taliban govt in Afghanistan ""vakil mutta vakil""

BTW there are 40 Taliban groups active in af-pak.area

not all of them are pro paki.

so saki saki re saki saki ,,there is opportunity hai baki:p:p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles