Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant

Oracle

Mad Indian;453061[B said:
]Boldened part-Relevance of LTTE and UNHRC vote agains the Lankans here?:frusty:[/B]

Underlined part- So this PC dog has not directed this statement to the state govt has he? What he means here is about the NGOs and the protesters and not the State govt, as we are all saying here. Those Protesters must be bombed back to the stone age, but then we are not China now are we?
I did not write it. I just posted it. Please check the link.

Are you trigger happy, calling a Union Minister a dog. :tsk:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Are you trigger happy, calling a Union Minister a dog. :tsk:
Oh please he is one. Dont get me started on him. But either way, that dog should have specified what he meant when he said"ulterior motives". Spineless pice of crap.

Reactions: KS

SPIEZ

Country flag
Oh please he is one. Dont get me started on him. But either way, that dog should have specified what he meant when he said"ulterior motives". Spineless pice of crap.

He is not a dog, and don't you dare insult dogs. He is a very very very very very clever rich man

trackwhack

Govt mum on Kudankulam N-plant funds fuelling row - The Times of India

Niteshji and Trackwack please read the boldened part.

And Still the CONs are not gonna crackdown the NGOs. PIGS, bloody vote bank politics.

Stopping people from getting to the plant is not a peaceful demonstration, it is a violent demonstration where you use force to meet your agenda. A peaceful demonstration is if you put a mantap outside and protest. What happenned in Koondakulam does not qualify as a peaceful demonstration and hence the administration was well within their rights to forcefully disperse the crowd or put these people in jail. The administration did not do that and it resulted in a huge loss.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Stopping people from getting to the plant is not a peaceful demonstration, it is a violent demonstration where you use force to meet your agenda. A peaceful demonstration is if you put a mantap outside and protest. What happenned in Koondakulam does not qualify as a peaceful demonstration and hence the administration was well within their rights to forcefully disperse the crowd or put these people in jail. The administration did not do that and it resulted in a huge loss.
Thats what i said dint i, vote bank politics:sad:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
No, what you said is in a democracy you cannot stop peaceful protests. These did not qualify as peaceful protests.
then what will qualify. Even the Central govt is not ready to pin that issue as a Law and Order problem?

And As long as i am concerned, i dint want that issue being used for political gains of any party. Frankly, none of the parties showed any spine in handling the issue and the blame is more on the center for they had to deal with these NGOs and not State. Still now that spineless piece of crap, PC has not taken a definitive stand on the protesters and here you are blaming just JJ for the delay.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
And till now, JJ worshipers have propagated all sort of lies, including peaceful protests, no loss happened and all
Anyone who worships Indian politicians is already a dodo in my eyes.

When will Indians open there eyes ?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
And you all are ready to believe that scum specially now, that he is a cornered cat:facepalm:? What if she had said in a political way?:frusty:did anyone consider that possibility?

And with Center with all its CBI and shit, why has it not blamed the state govt yet?

And how exactly was the protests usefull to her politically, when it resulted in more power cuts?:frusty:

can some one answer my questions?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
And you all are ready to believe that scum specially now, that he is a cornered cat:facepalm:? What if she had said in a political way?:frusty:did anyone consider that possibility?

And with Center with all its CBI and shit, why has it not blamed the state govt yet?

And how exactly was the protests usefull to her politically, when it resulted in more power cuts?:frusty:

can some one answer my questions?
best excuse ive heard yet :rofl:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
How it matters if she said it politically or in any other manner?. She indirectly supported these scum by not acting quickly against them when these scum were blocking the functioning of the nuclear reactor.

Why you need a certificate/rebuke from center to see that what JJ did was a big f**k up?.

You only said in few posts above its for vote bank politics.

Its better you quit supporting JJ and see for what she is. A megalomaniac who has put her party interests above people's interest.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Anti-nuke protesters call off indefinite fast

The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : Anti-nuke protesters call off indefinite fast

The anti-Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP) protesters called off their nine-day-long indefinite fast on Tuesday evening, following talks with the district administration, led by Collector R. Selvaraj

The Collector partially lifted the prohibitory orders imposed on the entire Radhapuram taluk after the State Cabinet passed a resolution in favour of resuming works stalled at the upcoming nuclear power project.

However, the protesters decided to resume the relay fast at the same venue at Idinthakarai from Wednesday until their associates were released from prison.

The protesters' representatives, led by Rev. Fr. Leonard alias Arimavalavan of 'Thamizhar Kalam;' B. Sundari of Idinthakarai; V. Pandi of Kudankulam; Ponsamy of Vairaavikinaru; T. Joseph of Kooththakuzhi; Raymond, Lerins and Antony of Uvari; Raymond of Koottapuli; Johnson of Kooduthaazhai; Conscius of Periya Thaazhai and Starwin of Alanthalai, held talks with the government side represented by Selvaraj, Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Tirunelveli Range V. Vardharaju, Superintendent of Police Vijayendra S. Bidari, Sub-Collector, Cheranmahadevi, Rohini Ramdas and Tahsildar, Radhapuram, V. Subramanian at Radhapuram taluk office.

During the three-hour meeting, the protesters' representatives told the Collector that cases registered against those involved in the struggle against the KKNPP should be withdrawn and those arrested and remanded in judicial custody released unconditionally. The government should revoke the prohibitory orders clamped on the Radhapuram taluk and ensure transparency in nuclear waste management at the KKNPP.

Investigations pertaining to oceanography, geology and hydrology should be conducted afresh around the KKNPP by an independent body and documents pertaining to the agreement reached between the Indian and Russian governments on nuclear liability must be made public. Mock emergency drill and disaster management training should be conducted in villages within 30-km radius from the project site.

Above all, the protesters, who were prepared to give up the struggle and even assure that they would not to lay siege to the KKNPP complex, said the police should allow them to continue their agitation in a democratic manner.

Even as the meeting was going on, Archbishop of Madurai, Rt. Rev. Peter Fernando joined the protesters' team. Emerging from the meeting, Rev. Fr. Arimavalavan said the demand for lifting prohibitory orders had been partly accepted. The Collector later said Section 144 of CrPC. would be in force only in the areas falling around the KKNPP site while it would be lifted in other areas of the taluk.

The convener of the anti-KKNPP struggle committee S.P. Udayakumar said until the detained protesters were released from prisons, they would neither give up their relay fast nor leave the protest venue. "The entire world is watching our nonviolent protest, which will continue," said Dr. Udayakumar before accepting the juice offered by Rt. Rev. Peter Fernando to mark the end of the indefinite fast.

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Just for records, so that the JJ worshipers don't start the lie again that JJ was not supporting the protestors

How the Koodankulam stir ended with a whimper - Rediff.com News

The main cause of the delay in the launch of the plant was not the protestors but Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, who in a fit of bravado a couple of months back had told the protestors when she first met them, "I will be one of you".

The second time she met them, she changed her tune to that of supporting the plant.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Just for records, so that the JJ worshipers don't start the lie again that JJ was not supporting the protestors
That was according to the claim of the protestors, she said to them, "I will be one of you".

Maybe Rediff lost it in transalation or took it out of context.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
That was according to the claim of the protestors, she said to them, "I will be one of you".

Maybe Rediff lost it in transalation or took it out of context.
Ah, new spin. How does it explains inaction?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Jaya wants entire power from Kudankulam for Tamil Nadu

Chennai: After giving green signal to the Kudankulam nuclear power plant, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday demanded that the entire 2000 MW power to be generated by its two units be given to the state in view of the "severe power shortage."

In a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, she said it would be "proper and justifiable that the entire power to be generated from the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant is made available to Tamil Nadu."

"This is also inevitable as the transmission corridor congestion problem still continues and has also been brought to your notice," she said in the missive coming almost two weeks after the state cabinet gave the nod for the plant.

The Chief Minister pointed out that out of the 2000 MW to be generated by two units in KNPP, Tamil Nadu has been allocated a share of 925 MW only.

She recalled she had already made a request of allocation of 1000 MW from Central pool last year against which a "mere 100 MW" was made available to the state which was facing "severe power shortage".

"I hope that this request will be positively considered by you. May I also reiterate that we require and deserve this power?" she said.

The Tamil Nadu Cabinet had on March 19 given the go-ahead for commencement of work at the plant which remained stalled for several months following protest by anti-nuclear activists and locals led by People's Movement Against Nuclear Energy citing safety concerns.

Jayalalithaa wants entire power from Kudankulam for Tamil Nadu - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive

Global Defence

New threads

Articles