Balochistanis seek India's help in freedom

warriorextreme

Country flag
Balochistan reaches boiling point

By Aleem Maqbool
BBC News, Gwadar

There has been an insurgency in Balochistan for more autonomy
The threats to Pakistan's future do not just come from the recent wave of militant attacks, but also from discontent in communities around the country.
Gwadar is almost as remote a town in Pakistan as you can get. On the coast of the country's largest province, Balochistan, close to the Iranian border, it is nearly 2,000km (1,250 miles) from the capital, Islamabad.
Down on the shabby beaches, people earn a living the way they have done for generations, fishing and boat-building.
It might, at first, feel like it is a world away from the violence elsewhere.
But trouble's simmering here too.
'Fight for rights'
In a small, dark, compound, we met members of various separatist groups - the Baloch National Front, Balochistan Republican Party and Balochistan Liberation Army.

The Pakistani government doesn't do anything for us... nobody cares
Shaukat,
Gwadar fisherman
We hear their grievances, and their threats.
"What else do we have left," says Rehman Arif, of the BRP, "except our guns, and to fight for our rights?
"This region of Balochistan, which has seen civilisation for thousands of years, is being oppressed by Pakistan. We're ready to accept assistance from anyone in our fight. We appeal to India for help."
This public plea for help from the country's sworn enemy will alarm Pakistanis.

So too might the fact that almost everyone we came across in the town supported moves for their province to break away from Pakistan.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8444354.stm

My question is why does GOI does not show its support to Balochistan freedom movement directly like pakistan doess for kashmir??

Forgive me if this is already posted by someone else..kindly merge if so..

arya

Country flag
sorry now we dont have any single leader like indra gandhi now our leader just thik for money , votes, etc

they dont have time to think for nation

bhogta

How dear , These people never want to be part of Pakistan. Really poor people as I remember they want to be Indian state. We should help them.That really will be a good thing for India as then USA don't need pakistan any more.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
My question is why does GOI does not show its support to Balochistan freedom movement directly like pakistan doess for kashmir??
the moment india does that (since you compare pakistan support to kashmir, i would assume india's support at par in in all those terms as pakistan does) pakistan will cry that all this time they were shouting about india's assistance to ferment terrorism in pakistan had a base to it and world was biased against its assertions and india now needs to be confronted with on terror being sponsored in pakistan and rest assured countries like china will join the bandwagon, dont forget people dont so much bother about evidence but perceptions created and if a lie is told a 1000 times by 100s of different people can start sounding like a truth and world community like wise could be taken for a ride. does india wants to be recognised as a terror sponsoring state in its neighborhood? i have my serious doubts, would be very bad for a country which wants to play a prominent role in world politics and be recognised as a responsible country. india did a smart face saving on ltte, doesnt want to end up with any further muck on its face, dont forget the pakistani rant of mukti bahini a terror group.

india will lose the plot on kashmir terrorism and other terrorism sponsored in india by the pakistanis, which will be justified by pakistan a quid pro quo on india sponsoring terrorism in pakistan. india after great pains has been able to sell the idea of pakistan a terror epi center, which is a reality, if india was to be clubbed with terrorism, india would not find support in diplomacy on acts of terror like 26/11 or be seen as a victim but in certain cases the same could start getting justified. look at the way pakistan has lost its cause on kashmir, the US, the EU, to the extent even the ME, the arab league today takes a line which is much more closer to india's line will all be lost.

once india talks baluchistan, trouble in GB (gilgit, baltistan) will also be associated with assistance from india. leave that aside, any and everything terror attack that happens there will be associated with us, not to say that is not what pakistan tries today but then today there are no takers to such theories but tomorrow the very same could be bought over by the world at large.

last of all india is not pakistan which negotiates with a gun on its forehead. india is serious country, not run by jokers or for jokes. if india has to take part in fermenting troubles in pakistan in what ever capacity then no way that has to be overt but covert with no traces of indian involvement anywhere, by doing this india keeps its moral high ground intact and also does whats best in its long term interest.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Balochistan cannot be compared to Kashmir. There is an instrument of accession of Kashmir to India. The Baloch ruler of the time didnt want to join Pak. There have been at war ever since.

India can covertly help Balochistan. Problem is no contiguous landmass. We have to go via Astan, very difficult that because of US presence or via Iran which is again problematic as Iran covets that region too.

Right now the only way possible is that for another 5 years the US is still there in Afpak and is reallly stretched and it finally decides that a pak in pieces is the best bet for peace and we could set the ball rolling for the entire break up of Pakistan. And i think this is what is going to happen.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
sorry now we dont have any single leader like indra gandhi now our leader just thik for money , votes, etc

they dont have time to think for nation
Not everything can be just put on the politicians head. Sometimes things are not in control.

warriorextreme

Country flag
first of all they want freedom and not to be an Indian state which is good..
and i am think we should help balochis by taking there voice to global frontier..we are not connected to Balochistan directly so they cant blame on us that we did the bomb blasts..about providing money i think we are providing them money..
what i want to happen is india openly supporting baloch and gilgit..not as a matter of politics but as humanitarian matter cause lots of people are being brutally killed there

bharadwaj

Poking our nose into their "INTERNAL" affair will not help mend our ties with Pak.Instead we should support them in such a way that they won't know it(i.e, continue our India-Afghanistan-Balochi rebels' alliance and thus Pak cannot prove our indirectly direct support to the rebels.........!)Our covert support to the rebels can give us a indirect "blackmailing" card which will(hopefully)help us resolve the Kashmiri insurgency..............

S.A.T.A

So covert assistance,which is significant and meaningful,can remain covert for too long,eventually evidence will wash ashore.One of the main reason why Pakistani have not been able to tag substantial evidence against their oft repeated 'indian covert aide to Balochi terrorists' has been largely due to the fact that India has ceased any meaningful assistance to the Baloch separatists,probably since the the 9/11,either under US duress or part of the peace process that was initiated after the Kargil war.Emboldened by Us support and withdrawal of much required succor by countries, like India empathetic to their cause, led to a series of set back to the Baloch movement including death of many top leaders,most significant being that of Akbar Khan Bugti.

Considering the geo strategic nature of the situation in the afpak region,India will not be able to do much in terms of assisting the Baloch resistance,so long it kowtows to US strategic interests in the region(which requires Pakistan not be forced to engage any other military challenge other than Taliban/AQ)The only hope is to hope against hope that the Balochis will hangin until the Americans withdraw from the region.

The thought that a rising power like India should not be seen as engaging in such things a covert separatist groups is interesting,while the argument might be flawless in a perfect world,in the real of world of geopolitics such strategies have often paved the way to glory for many world powers.French aide to America against Britain during the revolution,Britain's aide to America against France over Louisiana.Even India's baby foot steps towards the great power status began with the successful conclusion of the liberation war of 1971,which couldn't have been accomplished hadn't we engaged the Mukti bahini (long the before the war even started)

Societies can adopt moral posturing in their dealing with one another,but a nation state cannot do so and in the best interest of the nation state it must persevere in its effort to cut down to size any and every potential enemies.

vijaydixit

We should do whatever is possible to help the Balouch to fight for their rights with money & any other kind of assistance as required by them.For the simple reason that the Balouch are not fanatics & terrorist like other Pakistanis and take their religion in the right spirit.VijayDixit,Mumbai,India

Gujjar_boy

Country flag
We need to support baloch freedom struggle..pakistanis doing this in our kashmir and this will be good to teach them a lesson..!

Illusive

Country flag
Well, we can wait until we get a UNSC seat unless and until there is a complete necessity(further terrorist attack by Pak). Baluchistan can be a counterweight to Kashmir only when America doesn't have use of Pak. Pakistan is still vital for them in WOT. Till then continue our good work in Afghanistan.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Free Balochistan is in the interest of the World and in particular India..... Bloch people do not subscribe to Punjabi/pakistani Madrasa/Mullah ideology and their Sardards are one of the most educated and liberal people I have come across, unlike pakjabi wadheras/malliks or talibani emirs!!

Cutting off Balochistan from punjabi mercenary/beggar state of pakistan, would secure a lot of natural resources for us, which can be easily sourced and used to develop whole of Asia!!

bharadwaj

Free Balochistan is in the interest of the World and in particular India..... Bloch people do not subscribe to Punjabi/pakistani Madrasa/Mullah ideology and their Sardards are one of the most educated and liberal people I have come across, unlike pakjabi wadheras/malliks or talibani emirs!!

Cutting off Balochistan from punjabi mercenary/beggar state of pakistan, would secure a lot of natural resources for us, which can be easily sourced and used to develop whole of Asia!!
True,they talk about getting rid of India by making her bleed by a thousand cuts but when we produce better quality blades(diplomatic)the tables turn!!ROFL..................

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
India can and should not do anything in Balouchistan, max what we should be doing is to keep it alive in trade of peace in Kashmir.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Balochis will get freedom only when pak disintegrates. India just does not have to make sure it plays its cards well to help that process.

mayfair

Baloch Freedom fighters if really serious about discarding the yoke of Pakistani occupation must walk the talk. For starters they could do something to get rid of the wankers in the so-called Quetta shura and make it difficult for the Taliban/Qaida/Pak alliance to work in and out of Baluchistan. I'm sure that will gather them a lot of support from the US ta least.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Baloch Freedom fighters if really serious about discarding the yoke of Pakistani occupation must walk the talk. For starters they could do something to get rid of the wankers in the so-called Quetta shura and make it difficult for the Taliban/Qaida/Pak alliance to work in and out of Baluchistan. I'm sure that will gather them a lot of support from the US ta least.
Problem is that their population is very little. I don't know if they have rich diaspora who can pump in money. They have been cornered by punjabis and their stooges in Taliban and AQ. Lost in their own land they are.

bhogta

^ What i understood that Yusuf they even don't wana be a part of Pakistan from the day first.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles