Putin has Defended the Nazi-Soviet Pact

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Good to see a citizen of a Nation that is moving towards fundamentalist Islam is a acolyte of the West, who in any case, is responsible for fomenting and encouraging the same.
:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail: Superb observation, Sir, as usual.

sgarg

A lot of pro-Russian Indians bristle at the thought of West dictating anything on India yet they readily accept the imperialist policies of Russia towards Ukraine....
Not at all. I consider Russia to be a regional power with its sphere of influence. My view is that Ukraine falls into Russia's sphere of influence.

Globalism is a failure as it is causing regional powers to take responsibility for its periphery without getting any benefit in return.

In the multi-polar world, the regional powers of Russia, China, and India will have major say in Asia.

jouni

Good man, the lantern.

Fasting is no big deal for Indians.

Heard of Modi's visit to the USA and he had only water to sustain himself for 9 days and got about his task including the massive rally at Madison Square Garden?

Indian soldiers are trained to go without food and sleep for days and we do have more exotic wilderness than you can imagine. Not merely coniferous forest, but many others too.
The idea is to catch your food and still be able to fight, not go without food. But, yes you are equally competent in these matters we agree so.

sgarg

@Ray, Are you sure Mr Modi did not eat anything on US trip? Actually there is no need to fast. Soldiers do not need to fast too. Several foods are available in a forest for a vegetarian. I can survive in a forest with only vegetarian diet. Any leaves of shrubs which do not ooze sap or leaves of a fruit bearing tree can be eaten. Roots of some plants have tubers which can be eaten. Obviously fruits and berries can be eaten.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
The USSR especially in its earlier days was strongly anti-Russian.
Lenin was a Russophobe and looked at Russian culture, history and faith, with disdain.
Leaders like Krushchev, Stalin, Lenin etc weren't even Russian. An abnormally large percentage of Bolsheviks leaders were non-Russian, who viewed any attachment to culture and religion with disgust and contempt.
And considering that Russian Empire was torn to pieces (and land and population freely donated to others) and Russian culture and faith had to survive "underground" due to persecution and destruction of historic monuments and churches, your idea that SU was an element of Russian nationalism is hilarious to some and insulting to others.
Was not Lenin a Russian? I mean I do know about Stalin,etc but I thought Lenin was born in Russia??

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@pmaitra sir @Razor

Vladimir Lenin Was Part Jewish, Say Declassified KGB Files - TIME

This post is in partnership with Worldcrunch, a new global-news site that translates stories of note in foreign languages into English. The article below was originally published in Le Temps.

(MOSCOW) — A recently opened exhibition in Moscow's State Historical Museum is shedding some light on a long-guarded Russian secret: the origins of Soviet founding father Vladimir Lenin. Lenin's maternal grandfather, the exhibition revealed, was born Jewish.

This fascinating morsel of information, gleaned from declassified KGB files, is not a minor detail in a country where anti-Semitism was a recognized state doctrine for decades. Starting in the 1930s, the Soviet regime —spurred on by its leader Joseph Stalin — launched a violent discriminatory campaign against Jewish citizens.

(See the top 25 political icons: Lenin)
Born in 1870, Lenin identified himself simply as Russian. His official biography mentions only his Russian, German and Swedish origins. But one of the exhibition's priceless pieces adds a key new element to the official narrative.

In a letter to Stalin in 1932 — six years after Lenin's death — Anna Ulyanova, Lenin's older sister, wrote that their maternal grandfather "came from a poor Jewish family and was, according to his baptismal certificate, the son of Moses Blank." Blank was born in Zhitomir, Ukraine. In her letter, Ulyanova said her brother "had always thought highly of Jews." She also urged Stalin to reveal Lenin's Jewish background, concluding that "it would be wrong to hide it from the masses."

Stalin, however, ordered Ulyanova to keep Lenin's Jewish roots under wraps. A few years later, Stalin began to purge Jews from among the leaders of the revolution. Prior to his death in 1953, furthermore, he was preparing to send the whole Jewish population living in the Soviet Union to concentration camps in Siberia.

Most provincial Russian towns have a main road named Lenin Street. You can usually find shops selling luxury goods and banking centers there. They tend to contain all the flashiest symbols of the country's now capitalist society.

(See TIME's photo-essay "The Bolshevik October Revolution.")
In the middle of virtually every central square, including in Belarus and in Ukraine, there is a high-rise statue of Lenin looking down on the rowdy shopkeepers. The Lenin paradox even goes further. Lenin is revered by Russia's radical fringe — people who feel nostalgic for the Soviet regime in general and for anti-Semitic Stalinism in particular.

The cult of Lenin has its physical focal point in Moscow's Red Square, where Lenin's mummified body is on permanent display in a mausoleum. In the past, Soviet citizens were expected to carry out pilgrimages to the Communist leader's resting place.

(See photos of Aleksander Solzhenitsyn 1918 — 2008)
Lenin's legacy is the subject of debate. Some Russian Communists want Lenin's cult to endure forever. But there are Russian Orthodox Christians who loathe Lenin because he destroyed Tsarism and because he turned atheism into a cornerstone of the official ideology. The latter, like many ordinary Russian people, want the man to be buried — with or without the honors reserved for a statesman.

Russians who began their working lives after the fall of the communist system often see things in the same ambivalent way. "Soviet children almost regarded Grandfather Lenin as Santa Claus," says Daria Beliaeva, a 30-year-old financial analyst who looks back at the Soviet era with nostalgia. "But later, I heard that the Germans sent him to Russia in an armored train to trigger the Russian revolution. I also heard that he ordered the destruction of about 100 churches," the practicing Orthodox adds disapprovingly.

Daria wasn't particularly moved one way or the other when she heard the Soviet idol had Jewish roots. "He had elements of good and evil in him. He put his mark on Russian history. Now, he needs to be buried."

Political expert Boris Kagarlitski, a former dissident and proud Leninist, says "the Russian authorities are using the debate about Lenin's Jewish background and about his burial as a pretext for taking people's minds off the real problems and issues facing our society."

Even if latent anti-Semitism does not play an active role in contemporary Russian politics, the Lenin exhibition could end up cutting into the famed revolutionary's enduring popularity. It might also persuade authorities to once and for all put his embalmed body to rest.

Also from Worldcrunch:

Germany's Move Away from Nuclear Power Will Cost Europe
— Die Welt

Bilderberg: The Global Elite Meet Behind Closed Doors
— Le Temps

The Night They Served E. Coli for Dinner
— Die Welt

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@Ray, Are you sure Mr Modi did not eat anything on US trip? Actually there is no need to fast. Soldiers do not need to fast too. Several foods are available in a forest for a vegetarian. I can survive in a forest with only vegetarian diet. Any leaves of shrubs which do not ooze sap or leaves of a fruit bearing tree can be eaten. Roots of some plants have tubers which can be eaten. Obviously fruits and berries can be eaten.
@Ray sir was a high ranking officer in Indian Army. I think he knows more than you on this matters.

sgarg

@Ray sir was a high ranking officer in Indian Army. I think he knows more than you on this matters.
Sure. no offense. However starving is not good for a person on the move carrying heavy load.

pmaitra

Okay.

But did he consider himself Russian ?
I mean with statements like these: "An intelligent Russian, is almost always a Jew or someone with Jewish blood in his veins." I find it hard to believe he considered himself a Russian.
He probably gave more importance to his Jewish lineage than to his Russian lineage.

I consider him to be a Russian, but he might not have considered himself so.

jouni

Finland back on red alert over expansionist Russia | World news | The Guardian

Yet whatever happened, the government insider insisted, Finland would not kowtow to Moscow. "There is zero appetite for going back to the old way of doing things, to placating and appeasing Russia. We're not looking for a fight. But we need to be able to deal with Russia. Russia is our everyday reality."

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The idea is to catch your food and still be able to fight, not go without food. But, yes you are equally competent in these matters we agree so.
The idea is to be able to fight even without hunger pangs.

That is the acme of soldiering.

Even Americans who are constantly found chewing some food or drinking from a paper cup, bank on training their Marines etc in Survival including going without water and food.

In India, we are used to fasting for religious purposes, be it any religion, and so its no big deal to go without food.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sure. no offense. However starving is not good for a person on the move carrying heavy load.
Yes, it was widely reported in the Indian and international media, as anyone who reads newspapers know.

He was observing the Navratri fast that Gujarati do.

One does not fast in the Army just for fun. They are trained to go without food for a long time under the Survival Training.

What if one is in a territory where the enemy has evacuated and there is a danger that they might have poisoned the water sources and sprayed the trees?

In such a circumstance, you can be a vegetarian, non vegetarian or a maukatarian, but you will die if you take the poisoned water and plant produce.

Also, there are natural plants that are poisonous.

It is all theoretical to state that 'plants and berries' can be eaten.

Actually, one can't eat them indiscriminately.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It is not only pro Russian Indians, but all Indians who bristle with pompous platitudes and homilies given by anyone or any country.

Maybe this phenomenon is a stranger in Malaysia who are happy to be dictated to for everything and anything.
Just like you we are not happy to be dictated, but we are happy to get influences that are applicable to us and work with countries on particular issues that work best for our national interest. You see we are not a giant like India and China who can afford to wield its size as a shield from foreign powers. We are a small country and we must be nimble in our policies so as to balance out the competing influences around us.

No one in India feels Russia is doing it right in Ukraine and no one in India finds justification of acolytes of the West, who want to project that the West are pure as driven snow. The media, including western media and US Congressmen prove it otherwise that the West is purer than the snow of Mount Etna.
I can't believe you haven't read the posts of some of our members here. Sometimes it is already ridiculous as they would even believe the most unjustifiable articles from Russian sources.

Good to see a citizen of a Nation that is moving towards fundamentalist Islam is a acolyte of the West, who in any case, is responsible for fomenting and encouraging the same.
We have our internal struggles like a lot of multicultural countries around the World.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Just like you we are not happy to be dictated, but we are happy to get influences that are applicable to us and work with countries on particular issues that work best for our national interest. You see we are not a giant like India and China who can afford to wield its size as a shield from foreign powers. We are a small country and we must be nimble in our policies so as to balance out the competing influences around us.
Tell me which country works against it own national interest?

What you are stating is is obvious.

However, any country can shield itself from foreign powers, and that too, to a great extent.

It is not that small countries have to be nimble, all countries have to be nimble to balance the contradictions that are posed to their national interest.

I can't believe you haven't read the posts of some of our members here. Sometimes it is already ridiculous as they would even believe the most unjustifiable articles from Russian sources.
India is a democracy and not a dictatorship.

Hence, there is a plethora of views and not all are towards vilification or glorifying any country or view. It would be bigotry to believe that one has to accept one's view so that it does not be termed as 'ridiculous'.

No source is without its agenda, be it Russian or the West, including the US. Remember the US and Western media going berserk about Saddam's Iraq having oodles of WMD? How much of WMD came out or was it a an exercise to drum up international support through a series of fear crazed articles emanating from the US and the West. Now, these articles are what is 'ridiculous', false and agenda driven. So, no one is free of using the media for propaganda.

The statement that Russian sources are the sole sources that are ridiculous, is in itself ridiculous and displaying a blind as a bat affliction.

We have our internal struggles like a lot of multicultural countries around the World.
All countries around the world have their internal struggles.

However, few countries are audacious enough to have a multiethnic and multireligious composition and yet, feeds the fundamentalist elements that are medieval in thought and antediluvian and allow them to rule the roost to the detriment of the well being of those who do not subscribe to such fundamentalism.

sgarg

Finland back on red alert over expansionist Russia | World news | The Guardian

Yet whatever happened, the government insider insisted, Finland would not kowtow to Moscow. "There is zero appetite for going back to the old way of doing things, to placating and appeasing Russia. We're not looking for a fight. But we need to be able to deal with Russia. Russia is our everyday reality."
"kowtow to Russia" - Matters have not reached this stage yet, and I do not see any overt move from Moscow to cowtow Finland.
Finland seems to be in overdrive against Russia. We shall know the reasons in due time.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Not at all. I consider Russia to be a regional power with its sphere of influence. My view is that Ukraine falls into Russia's sphere of influence.
Would it be okay if let's say China violently opposes Vietnam from associating with India either by trade or defence because it falls within the sphere of influence of China?

Globalism is a failure as it is causing regional powers to take responsibility for its periphery without getting any benefit in return.

In the multi-polar world, the regional powers of Russia, China, and India will have major say in Asia.
I don;t understand what you mean. What I know is that regional power competitions have been with us for a long time. It reached its apex in 19th century and climaxed in early 20th century (best remembered by the 2 WWs). The painful experiences of WW1 prodded the different powers to form the League of NAtions so as to regulate relations between countries, especially to protect sovereignties.

Now, globalization to me is a different matter and a totally different thing. This is a recent phenomenon that you can associate to the vast advances in communications and technologies and how world trade is performed starting from the latter part of the 20th century. You and I are debating and exchanging ideas despite our distance and differences in nationality and culture thanks to globalization. To me globalization is the most liberalizing phenomenon that ever happened.

sgarg

Can you point out those "unjustifiable sources"?

I can post genuine Western sources which are very uncomfortable about Western moves in Russian sphere of influence.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Europe is a different place after the collapse of the USSR.

It is now a monolithic bloc breathing down the Russian border.

And it has the backing of the US and other powerful European nations, in all forms, to include economic and military.

Finland has jumped up on this bandwagon.

So, there is no need any more for Finland to kowtow to Russia.

It can now show its brave face and cock a snook.

sgarg

Would it be okay if let's say China violently opposes Vietnam from associating with India either by trade or defence because it falls within the sphere of influence of China?

I don;t understand what you mean. What I know is that regional power competitions have been with us for a long time. It reached its apex in 19th century and climaxed in early 20th century (best remembered by the 2 WWs). The painful experiences of WW1 prodded the different powers to form the League of NAtions so as to regulate relations between countries, especially to protect sovereignties.

To me globalization is the most liberalizing phenomenon that ever happened.
India takes the reaction of China into consideration its relations with Vietnam. India is taking consideration of China in its Tibet policy. The Chinese sometimes behave like babies which is a different issue.

USA cannot take care of all nations. The time of a single superpower is over. USA taking care of everybody else has resulted in a 100T+ USD burden on USA. How much more burden can USA take?

The regional powers have to take the burden of ensuring stability in their vicinity.

You talk about "rivalry". You always talk about conflict. We have to first talk about peace. The conflict should be treated as an accident.

Globalization is not working as trade is based on dollar and euro which are national currencies. I shall treat globalization as effective when there is a single currency - probably backed by real assets.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Can you point out those "unjustifiable sources"?

I can post genuine Western sources which are very uncomfortable about Western moves in Russian sphere of influence.

I was not referring to you. You are relatively new to the forum. You were not yet around when outrageous articles about MH370 bodies switching and other ridiculous Russian-sourced articles were being posted here with the posters seriously entertaining them as true.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles