Indian Defence Forum -
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
Like Tree9Likes

'US hypersonic weapons threat to Russia'

  1. #31
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,281
    Liked
    2643 times
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by W.G.Ewald View Post
    Best cavalry there ever was.

    hussars3

    9730376 ossow poland  august 15 2009  participants of polish uhlans light cavalry reenact the historical bat
    Yeah, and they charged against the modern mechanised armies of NAZI Germany and the USSR... the outcome was expected...

    'US hypersonic weapons threat to Russia'


    › See More: 'US hypersonic weapons threat to Russia'
    Last edited by asianobserve; 15-05-12 at 09:05 PM.

  2. #32
    Crusader spikey360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Republic of India
    Posts
    1,467
    Liked
    1169 times
    India
    Oh I see, its convenient to forget about the topic at hand this way. Cavalry, huh!

  3. #33
    Defence Professionals Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,820
    Liked
    2146 times
    Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by asianobserve View Post
    Yeah, and they charged against the modern mechanised armies of NAZI Germany and the USSR... the outcome was expected...

    'US hypersonic weapons threat to Russia'
    It is a myth that our cavalry charged at mechanized and armored forces, spread by IIIrd Reich and Soviet propaganda. In fact 2nd Polish Republic cavalry forces were equiped with anti tank guns like a Bofors made ones, very effective against German tanks of that period.

    I strongly recommend You to read some history books... these good books, not these ones spreading silly propaganda.
    W.G.Ewald likes this.
    "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" - Hasan ibn Sabbah.

    "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increased knowledge, increased sorrow" - Book of Ecclesiastes (Book of the Teacher).

  4. #34
    Bow Before Me! The Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10,699
    Liked
    4431 times
    India
    Even the british claim the poles charged with there cavalry.
    If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

  5. #35
    DFI Buddha Godless-Kafir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,809
    Liked
    1766 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    It is a myth that our cavalry charged at mechanized and armored forces, spread by IIIrd Reich and Soviet propaganda. In fact 2nd Polish Republic cavalry forces were equiped with anti tank guns like a Bofors made ones, very effective against German tanks of that period.

    I strongly recommend You to read some history books... these good books, not these ones spreading silly propaganda.
    Buh...When it comes to your nation then you have the right to be a blind patriot defending all the screw ups!
    LOOK AT ALL THE FUKS I GIVE.

  6. #36
    Defence Professionals Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,820
    Liked
    2146 times
    Poland
    Buh...When it comes to your nation then you have the right to be a blind patriot defending all the screw ups!
    No, I'm not defending the screw ups, I'am defending facts. History is based on facts, I'am not interested in myths but facts, and facts are that such thing as cavalry charge on tanks never happend.

    Szarże kawalerii polskiej na niemieckie czołgi – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

    I know You are complete ignorant and arrogant not tolerating or even respecting other nations and their history, but maybe use a translator and educate Yourself a bit (this is the only source I can currently provide).

    However You are right, there were screw ups, like wrong battle plans, incompetence of HQ and such things, these are well documented facts.

    You know what GK, maybe come here to Poland, talk with people, go to universities and talk with professional historians about this subject hmmm?
    "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" - Hasan ibn Sabbah.

    "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increased knowledge, increased sorrow" - Book of Ecclesiastes (Book of the Teacher).

  7. #37
    Defence Professionals Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,820
    Liked
    2146 times
    Poland
    "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" - Hasan ibn Sabbah.

    "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increased knowledge, increased sorrow" - Book of Ecclesiastes (Book of the Teacher).

  8. #38
    DFI Buddha Godless-Kafir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,809
    Liked
    1766 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    No, I'm not defending the screw ups, I'am defending facts. History is based on facts, I'am not interested in myths but facts, and facts are that such thing as cavalry charge on tanks never happend.

    Szarże kawalerii polskiej na niemieckie czołgi – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

    I know You are complete ignorant and arrogant not tolerating or even respecting other nations and their history, but maybe use a translator and educate Yourself a bit (this is the only source I can currently provide).

    However You are right, there were screw ups, like wrong battle plans, incompetence of HQ and such things, these are well documented facts.

    You know what GK, maybe come here to Poland, talk with people, go to universities and talk with professional historians about this subject hmmm?
    Right, i am completely ignorant that when every nation says it happens and the host nation denies then only i could be wrong. That article is polish why the hell would i ask the thief what happened?
    LOOK AT ALL THE FUKS I GIVE.

  9. #39
    Defence Professionals Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,820
    Liked
    2146 times
    Poland
    Right, i am completely ignorant that when every nation says it happens and the host nation denies then only i could be wrong. That article is polish why the hell would i ask the thief what happened?
    I provided english language and non polish sources.

    But If Your logic is such, then we should deny everything Indians say? Ok, I will do that from now on.
    "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" - Hasan ibn Sabbah.

    "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increased knowledge, increased sorrow" - Book of Ecclesiastes (Book of the Teacher).

  10. #40
    DFI Buddha Godless-Kafir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,809
    Liked
    1766 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    I provided english language and non polish sources.

    But If Your logic is such, then we should deny everything Indians say? Ok, I will do that from now on.
    Have you ever done anything else than dump crap on every thing Indian? Why should we treat you differently and cut you any slack or give you any room for your pride? What goes around comes around, you never say anything good about any Indian stuff and if it is good you keep quite you only pick on bad stuff.
    LOOK AT ALL THE FUKS I GIVE.

  11. #41
    Defence Professionals Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,820
    Liked
    2146 times
    Poland
    Have you ever done anything else than dump crap on every thing Indian?
    Really, everything Indian? You know what, go and read all my posts without that Yours syndrome of "everyone is against me, oh no that primitive, barbarian Pole is against me" crap.

    Why should we treat you differently and cut you any slack or give you any room for your pride?
    Maybe because I provide You sources that are also non Polish ones. You start to use Your brain? Or no, and You will continue that Your xenophobia silly thing and hatred to anyone that is not Indian and might have different opinion than Yours.

    What goes around comes around, you never say anything good about any Indian stuff and if it is good you keep quite you only pick on bad stuff.
    Ah so the rules are like in a kindergarten? I say something good then You say something good, and screw the facts, sources and arguments? How old are You? 5?

    I was never talking anything wrong about Indian culture, never said anything wrong about Indian history, never said anything bad about Indians as a nation. In fact the only thing I ever cirticized seriously using argumentation and based on observations and knowledge, was Arjun tank.

    So maybe stop delude Yourself and hate every non Indian, it's silly, childish, and even stupid.
    "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" - Hasan ibn Sabbah.

    "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increased knowledge, increased sorrow" - Book of Ecclesiastes (Book of the Teacher).

  12. #42
    DFI Buddha Godless-Kafir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,809
    Liked
    1766 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Really, everything Indian? You know what, go and read all my posts without that Yours syndrome of "everyone is against me, oh no that primitive, barbarian Pole is against me" crap.



    Maybe because I provide You sources that are also non Polish ones. You start to use Your brain? Or no, and You will continue that Your xenophobia silly thing and hatred to anyone that is not Indian and might have different opinion than Yours.



    Ah so the rules are like in a kindergarten? I say something good then You say something good, and screw the facts, sources and arguments? How old are You? 5?

    I was never talking anything wrong about Indian culture, never said anything wrong about Indian history, never said anything bad about Indians as a nation. In fact the only thing I ever cirticized seriously using argumentation and based on observations and knowledge, was Arjun tank.

    So maybe stop delude Yourself and hate every non Indian, it's silly, childish, and even stupid.
    Get over yourself, you are biased. Dont bring in silly arguments of i hate everyone who is not Indian, we already had the discussion on who is the Pacifist remember? and that was not you.
    LOOK AT ALL THE FUKS I GIVE.

  13. #43
    Defence Professionals Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,820
    Liked
    2146 times
    Poland
    Get over yourself, you are biased. Dont bring in silly arguments of i hate everyone who is not Indian, we already had the discussion on who is the Pacifist remember? and that was not you.
    I'am biased? So in discussed case of that charge myth even non Poles are biased? Only Godless-Kafir is not biased then?

    And what pacifism have to being biased or unbiased?

    And yes, You hate everyone who is not Indian or who dare ciriticize anything connected to India, even if these ciritcs are constructive, aimed to for example help India.

    Besides this I don't know much about India history, and I don't say that some things in India history are not true. So please, spare us Your briliant commentaries about history of other nations, especially that do to Your xenophobia You don't know shit about others history.
    "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" - Hasan ibn Sabbah.

    "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increased knowledge, increased sorrow" - Book of Ecclesiastes (Book of the Teacher).

  14. #44
    Staff LurkerBaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,696
    Liked
    3590 times
    India
    Okay guys, let's focus on the topic
    W.G.Ewald likes this.

  15. #45
    Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2011
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    13,804
    Liked
    8275 times
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by amitkriit View Post
    IMG-1 If I am not wrong that is Light Cavalry, they called them Hussars or something, primarily used for surveillance duty.
    They are Uhlans.

    (Oops, sorry LB.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Russia concerned by N.Korea's threat over S.Korean-U.S. drills
    By nia in forum Indo Pacific & East Asia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-12-10, 03:10 AM
  2. Russia no longer 'security threat' to Turkey
    By nia in forum West Asia & Africa
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-08-10, 12:47 AM
  3. Pak principle nuclear threat: Russia
    By Vinod2070 in forum West Asia & Africa
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-04-09, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •