Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) & Western Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC)

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Agreed that part contributes to the nation.

Do you think that south India is sucking big timee. Do you know how many industries thrive in the Chennai-Banglore highway ?
Do you know Chennai is the biggest automobile manufacturer in India?
Do you have any idea how many critical components are made in the south?

So record of performance there has been $hit according to you ???????
Don't put words in my mouth. I have not said anything like that, nor I am discouraging investment in southern states. TN has huge potential for further industrial development.

The geographical proximity of Gujrat-Maharashtra is something that can not be replaced by any other state at this moment.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Don't put words in my mouth. I have not said anything like that, nor I am discouraging investment in southern states. TN has huge potential for further industrial development.

The geographical proximity of Gujrat-Maharashtra is something that can not be replaced by any other state at this moment.
How can you say it is not replacable? If not replacable, why not invest else where these investments would come to some benefit ?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
How can you say it is not replacable? If not replacable, why not invest else where these investments would come to some benefit ?
EDIT:

Irreplaceable at this moment because of sheer investment they bring into this country. MH contributes to some 34+% of entire FDI in India and Gujarat 6%. The total contribution of these two states in India's GDP exceeds 25%.

Investors are investing in other states too, under DMIC and separately as well.

Last edited:

Tolaha

EDIT:

MH contributes to some 34+% of entire FDI in India
Dont go by the figures for one particular fiscal.

For more realistic number, check out the 'cumulative', 'greenfield', 'fdi' investments in India. Even that would put MH at the top probably, but with subdued numbers.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Dont go by the figures for one particular fiscal.

For more realistic number, check out the 'cumulative', 'greenfield', 'fdi' investments in India. Even that would put MH at the top probably, but with subdued numbers.
I am referring RBI's fiscal data. Please share the source for cumulative data if you come across any. The once I got were old, I mean in the range extending till 2005 only.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
As far as the discussion on other parts of India is concerned, there is a plan for Bangalore-Chennai corridor too. And there has been a lot of investment in other areas also - infrastructure/skyscraper forums will give you more details. Anyway, Southern regions along with the Western ones are among the best performing in the nation.

So the people in eastern poor states of India like Bihar, MP, UP are right in complaining about the step-motherly treatment by the Central government.
Why is the centre doing nothing to develop economies of these states? Because they fall in Hindi belt and they will never revolt? People in these areas will benefit and later chase out the migrants from other regions calling them thieves, criminals, terrorists, uncivilized and what not, like it happened in Maharastra.
Yes, they get step-motherly treatment. But it is not because the center has anything "against" these states. On the other hand, the "center" has historically been dominated by people from the so-called Hindi belt. The reason for "step motherly treatment" is that such massive projects need quick and rapid land acquisition, good law and order, labour pool, and such things. Unfortunately, the states which you mention, do not have these advantages. Bihar seems to be getting the basics now, and in 5 years time, I fondly hope that they will be able to get the basics ready, for such massive infra to take off. I cannot see it happening in UP, MP, Jharkhand and Orissa in the next 5 years also. If they begin Nitish-style administration immediately, they will be ready in around a decade, by 2020 or so...

And btw, I don't agree with people who label poor uneducated labourers as "thugs, uncivilized, etc.". The real problem is with the "educated migrants" who have a ship on their shoulder and a massive superiority complex. They are the real uncivilized ones. Not the poor labourers.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrj

Tolaha

I am referring RBI's fiscal data. Please share the source for cumulative data if you come across any. The once I got were old, I mean in the range extending till 2005 only.
I can understand! I got the same results as you did! :)

Browsing by mobile as internet is dead at my place. So you got to search it yourself buddy!

Rahul92

Finally some corridors for Manufacturing i am pissed of by this service sector shit

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
It may be a mistake that the corridor is going through Rajastan and not through MP and Harayana? Why Rajastan they hardly have the humor resource to meet the demand.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Maharashtra,Gujarat and Karnataka are benefitting from the massive power shortage in TN.:sad:

Tolaha

Maharashtra,Gujarat and Karnataka are benefitting from the massive power shortage in TN.:sad:
Seriously, which business have moved from TN to Karnataka/MH? I understand that car manufacturer moving from TN to Guj (which they finally didnt, but thats another story).

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Cisco selected by Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Co for smart city project

Cisco Headquarters

By Telecom Lead Team: The Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Company (DMICDC) has selected Cisco S+CC Advisory Services to develop the ICT master plan for two pilot cities in the $90 billion infrastructure project.

The entire scope of the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) will consist of 24 cities in total, spanning six states in India. The DMIC's key focus is to create a global manufacturing and trading hub through smart and socially inclusive cities that take advantage of world-class digital infrastructure.

"The ability for cities to use technology to transform the way their citizens consume services is a powerful concept and one that appeals to visionary leaders around the world. We have developed a services catalogue of more than 100 services that can be used to generate new revenue streams for service providers and cities around the world," said Wim Elfrink, executive vice president, Emerging Solutions and chief globalisation officer of Cisco.

The city of Guayaquil in Ecuador has also adopted Cisco Emerging Solutions Advisory Services to develop a scalable ICT master plan for its Digital Guayaquil project.

With a metropolitan population of 2.5 million, Guayaquil is aiming to improve the quality of life for citizens by using the network to offer municipality services such as healthcare, education and e-government. As an important hub for tourists traveling to the Galapagos Island, the city also intends to address safety and security by implementing a unified command and control center.

Cisco's Emerging Solutions Advisory Services have already played a key role in the development of master-planning ICT blueprints for the following select developments around the globe. This service offering, which is increasingly being adopted as an industry best practice, provides guidance and consultation encompassing project management, market and service analysis, operating and financial model definition, and feasibility analysis.

Rampart's Avenir Communities in Edmonton, Canada, is using Cisco S+CC Advisory Services to help deliver a new, sustainable and high-tech C$1.8 billion development for 10,000 residents and commercial enterprises to transform the way they work and live through the use of technology-enabled Smart Services and Solutions.

telecomlead.com - Feb 21, 2012

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Japan may get stake in DMIC

New Delhi, Mar 1 (IBNS): India's Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has moved a draft cabinet note to give 26 percent stake in the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMICDC) to the Japanese government.

Japan, that has expressed interest in buying stake, already intends to invest $4.5 billion in the project, which envisages creation of not only industrial townships but also new cities, over the next five years.

The move comes after the Cabinet's decision to re-structure the DMICDC, which will develop industrial enclaves along the Delhi-Mumbai rail corridor encompassing seven states as part of the DMIC.

State-run Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) and India Infrastructure Finance Company (IIFCL) are expected to acquire stakes in the India's ambitious $100 billion project being built in collaboration with Japan.

As per the restructuring plan, the 51 percent stake held by private firms IL&FS and IDFC would be transferred to government-owned financial firms LIC and IIFCL, making DMICDC a deemed government company.

"The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs is expected to soon take up the proposal where, Japanese government, LIC and IIFCL will take over the stake of IDFC and IL&FS in the DMIC project," a government official was quoted as saying by media reports.

Japan may get stake in DMIC

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
LIC, IIFCL may buy stake in Delhi-Mumbai corridor project

Life insurance major LIC and India Infrastructure Finance Company (IIFCL) are expected to acquire stakes in the government's ambitious $100-billion Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor project, an official said today.

The move comes after the Cabinet's decision to re-structure the DMIC Development Corporation (DMICDC), which will develop industrial enclaves along the Delhi-Mumbai rail corridor encompassing seven states.

As per the restructuring plan, the 51% stake held by IL&FS and IDFC would be transfered to government-owned financial firms, making DMICDC a deemed government company.
"The Department of Economic Affairs has proposed that LIC and IIFCL would take stake in the DMICDC," the official said.

The government holds 49% stake in the project.

Meanwhile, the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has moved a draft cabinet note to give 26% stake in the project to the Japanese government. Japan has expressed interest in buying stake.

"The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs is expected to soon take up the proposal where, Japanese government, LIC and IIFCL will take over the stake of IDFC and IL&FS in the DMIC project," the official added.

Japan intends to invest $4.5 billion in the project over the next five years.

DMIC Development Corporation (DMICDC) is a special purpose vehicle for implementing the ambitious project for building industrial enclaves along the Delhi-Mumbai rail corridor, encompassing seven states - Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.

The project which envisages creation of not only industrial townships but also new cities, is being supported by Japan.

An industry ministry official delegation headed by DIPP secretary PK Choudhery would visit Japan in April, to discuss about the investment details and progress of the project.

The Cabinet had approved equity restructuring of DMICDC and an expenditure of Rs 18,500 crore on development of infrastructure in September.

LIC, IIFCL may buy stake in Delhi-Mumbai corridor project

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
'Land acquisition undemocratic'

INDORE: Farmers in the Pithampur- Betma industrial cluster area, who are against the government's move to acquire their land for construction of the proposed Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) called on Indore MP Sumitra Mahajan in the city on Saturday to express their reservation over the issue.

The Kisan Sangharsh Samiti is up in arms against the government's move as they feel that the people living in the area are opposed to acquisition of their land for the ongoing DMIC project. Later, a memorandum to this effect was submitted by members of the samiti, including Rajendra Sharma, Tapan Bhattacharya and SK Dube. They have termed the acquisition process as undemocratic one. They alleged that their land was openly being offered by the government for sale or purchase to the corporate sector.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What a scumbag :facepalm:

Medha Patkar terms DMIC project 'unconstitutional'

New Delhi, Mar 17 (ANI): Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee might have informed the Lok Sabha on Friday that the 90 billion dollar Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) is making significant progress, but veteran social activist Medha Patkar termed the project as 'unconstitutional', as she felt it would affect the future of inhabitants of areas in six states through which the project will pass.

Speaking to Asian News International on phone, Patkar said that objections have already been made in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.

"It is perverted. You can't affect their living conditions and create a huge structure there. This is unacceptable," Patkar said.

Insisting that the full impact of the project has not been assessed by the DMIC authorities, Patkar said that the project will have to pass legal scrutiny or else it would be entangled in unlawful activities.

"In Madhya Pradesh, for example, the so called leaders are buying land and will make huge profit out of it. This is unnecessary. This is absolutely unconstitutional," Patkar added.

While presenting the union budget 2012-13, Mukharjee had said: "The DMIC is being developed on either side along the alignment of the western dedicated rail freight corridor. The project has made significant progress."

In September 2011, the government had approved a central assistance of 18,500 crore rupees spread over a period of five years to DMIC.

According to Mukherjee, the Japanese Prime Minister had announced a loan of 4.5 billion dollars as its participation share in the DMIC project.

The DMIC is a mega infra-structure project worth 90 billion dollars with the financial and technical aid from Japan, covering an overall length of 1,483 kilometres between Delhi and Mumbai. It incorporates nine mega industrial zones, high speed freight line, three ports, and six airports, a six-lane intersection-free expressway connecting the country's political and financial capitals. By-Mahaswetha Dass.(ANI)

Medha Patkar terms DMIC project 'unconstitutional'

Global Defence

New threads

Articles