Chinese military strategy

no smoking

Country flag
@no smoking

Good stuff. Thanks for reply. Wishing you are doing well. It is good sign of development that PRC make changes and re-direction after public commentary. Design, detailing and procedural errors happen. Its not anything new and It happens all over the world and nothing to be embarrass about.
It will be a good thing that you can do more research instead of jumping into a conclusion without ground facts.

[MENTION=766]There was also the news of some residential building falling 90 degrees flat on its face in-tact in PRC but that happens and no need for me to locate that news and its not a game where we try and score points from one another and even use military strategy in forum discussion that is supposed to be a healthy and arena for people to be reasonable and learn. i am also sure you will discover many things that are good in PRC on scale to the bad.
But your discussion seems to be far from being reasonable.

I never said that CCP is in charge of making design of buildings but perhaps that would be the case for a important government department ... also thats coool if the building turn out fine in the end and people from PRC have over reaction that was wrong before completion. Like your commrade said it was probably a reporters hype. I am sure you have the expertise to investigate how far the completion was when comments were made and how appropriate and magnitude of the comments were from PRC people with reference to the building design.
When you said:"It wont be the first time PRC has ordered re-direction after public commentary", I guess you are suggesting that CCP is in charge of making design of buildings. It is cool, no need to hide even if you are wrong.

By the way what do you think is the best design in PRC: I would say CCTV design is one of the most best out there even on world standards. It was a close call when its neighbor a large building burst into flames and caused huge financial damage. Its good nothing happened to CCTC building.

Have a good day
My friend, you really need to dig deeper. The building burst was a part of original design of CCTV buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Compersion

Country flag
It will be a good thing that you can do more research instead of jumping into a conclusion without ground facts.
But your discussion seems to be far from being reasonable.
When you said:"It wont be the first time PRC has ordered re-direction after public commentary", I guess you are suggesting that CCP is in charge of making design of buildings. It is cool, no need to hide even if you are wrong.
My friend, you really need to dig deeper. The building burst was a part of original design of CCTV buildings.
Thats coool to get a response. I was not going to reply but i feel you are having a larger intellect and understand the interpretations that flow through and have a good grasp of what to think and say. With that in mind usually if a person is having a royal background and one of the reasons they are being put in a important (leadership) position that person needs to perform on their own and without being seen to being treacherous. Royalty being the common denominator that makes the person acceptable to all the factions and being made acceptable to have others take that person to be in position over others. Such a person would get more leniency naturally because of the royalty. Such a person demonstrates a aim towards a new system that is being placed to be reasonable and also a understanding that must be accepted in the bigger picture of things that royalty will be important going ahead. It is a system that is being made more common in PRC. And when things go awry the smoke comes down ...

I am sure you are reasonable enough and also you are having the expertise to investigate how far the completion was for that building when comments were made by PRC people (not me) and how appropriate and magnitude of the comments were from PRC people with reference to the building design. All those people must have jump to conclusion without ground facts and also having discussion that were far from reasonable. I suppose I am like one of those people. I better censor myself from making more comments but i prefer the reasonable discussion where you are convincing and declaring to me that i am wrong. There is nothing in being wrong ... Like i said it wont be the first time PRC has ordered re-direction after public commentary. One always remembers the Japanese flag flying over Shanghai (even if it was not the final completion):

With reference to CCTV next door building I wont be surprise if the building burst because many people had been ignoring, disobeying and trying to get away with following rules and orders and one can say on purpose. I am not sure if it is good to talk about that fire and how far you can go with your comments because according to you PRC people comments online can be over-excited suddenly:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/11/world/asia/11beijing.html?_r=0

A directive sent out by propaganda officials, which found its way to the Internet after it was leaked, made it clear that the authorities were eager to reduce public attention to the blaze, a colossal embarrassment that many people believe augurs poorly for the new year. "No photos, no video clips, no in-depth reports," read the memo, which instructed all media outlets to use only Xinhua dispatches. "The news should be put on news areas only, and the comments posting areas should be closed."
Lets not kid ourselves the infrastructure in PRC has been done fast and is good to the eyes. The infrastructure in PRC is good I suppose it is linked heavily to military strategy. Alternatively its the hobby of PRC to build (too much) infrastructure. Hobby is an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.

Wishing you are doing well and have a good day

archie

Country flag
There is one funny fact ... Lot of these skyscraper are empty and are lit up with empty floors .. i have some amazing pics of those .. the guide said thats how it is they just build it for looks and not worry about utility verymuch

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles