Indian nurses freed by ISIS Will Reach Kochi Tomorrow

Free Karma

Iraq live: Indian nurses cross border posts, reach Kurdistan

2.57 pm: Indian nurses cross border posts, reach Kurdistan
The Indian nurses have now reached the Kurdistan region in Iraq which is considered to be safe.
CNN-IBN reports that the nurses have crossed the border post into the area. India is also sending special aircraft to bring them back.

2.00 pm: 'Nurses to stay in Erbil today, will be flown to Kochi by special craft'
Government sources have told CNN-IBN that the nurses will be at Erbil airport for today and will be flown to Kochi by a special aircraft early Saturday morning.
They will reach Kochi at 7 am on Saturday, the sources told CNN-IBN. The nurses will be provided proper travel documents before they can leave that country.
A special aircraft will take off from Delhi at 5 pm and will reach Erbil late tonight. It will again take off early tomorrow morning and arrive in India at 7 am.
One state and one central government official will be on-board the aircraft.
:) Good job all involved. I wonder how the release was secured.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That sure is a coup for the Govt.

Manish Tiwari was gloating that the Indian Govt was doing fanny adams and not even telling what is happening.

Well the Govt may not have told what was happening, but they made what happened to the delight of the families and India!

And that is what counts.

Ashutosh Lokhande

did ISIS just handed them over? or did the kidnapee escaped? or did the govt did any sort of rescue hostage operation?

Adux

Country flag
What is happening with our boys from Punjab?

trackwhack

Oh, the pride of Kerala - the gelf money machines are coming back? I am so fking glad!!

Adux

Country flag
Oh, the pride of Kerala - the gelf money machines are coming back? I am so fking glad!!
Not that I am big fan of NRI's. Whats your problem with them? These problem trying hard to earn living,
Nobody knew 3 years back, not even the famed defense forum members the advent of this threat called ISIS? I wonder if anybody over who knew who Al Baghadi is 2 months before today. If people like us dont know, how will these poor people?

trackwhack

Not that I am big fan of NRI's. Whats your problem with them? These problem trying hard to earn living,
Nobody knew 3 years back, not even the famed defense forum members the advent of this threat called ISIS? I wonder if anybody over who knew who Al Baghadi is 2 months before today. If people like us dont know, how will these poor people?

My problem is the pride that mallus have in working as slaves in the gelf. my problem is that gelf money is the source funding for all terrorist activities in india. my problem is that the pathetic people of kerala are so fckd up in the head that the most resource laden state which has the second largest coastline find it necessary to fill their budget deficit with dollars coming from slave labour paid by islamist fundamental sheiks. hope that was eloquent enough.

Adux

Country flag
My problem is the pride that mallus have in working as slaves in the gelf. my problem is that gelf money is the source funding for all terrorist activities in india. my problem is that the pathetic people of kerala are so fckd up in the head that the most resource laden state which has the second largest coastline find it necessary to fill their budget deficit with dollars coming from slave labour paid by islamist fundamental sheiks. hope that was eloquent enough.
Pride?
Gulf money is also the source of livilhood, than most money which goes to Islamist funding.
I am sure a Mallu whacked you around, my apologies even if it is deserved.
How different is it from many other Indians living 'Gelf' as you put it? We are just there more in number.

Why dont you stop buying Oil and Petrol/Diesel cars, if you dont want the money to go to Islamist shieks

trackwhack

Pride?
Gulf money is also the source of livilhood, than most money which goes to Islamist funding.
I am sure a Mallu whacked you around, my apologies even if it is deserved.
How different is it from many other Indians living 'Gelf' as you put it? We are just there more in number.

Why dont you stop buying Oil and Petrol/Diesel cars, if you dont want the money to go to Islamist shieks
I am a mallu dude, I have enough self esteem to see what one can be proud of from what one does not. If you think working as a slave in the gelf is fine, thats cool with me. Your take is along expected lines.

What the hell does trade have to do with not having adequate self esteem? If you are proud of the fact that the most resource laden state is now for three straight decades running a budget deficit and begging from the centre because even remittances are not enough to plug the gap, then so be it. As an Indian I am not proud of the slave labor that gelf going mallus have to endure.

Adux

Country flag
I am a mallu dude, I have enough self esteem to see what one can be proud of from what one does not. If you think working as a slave in the gelf is fine, thats cool with me. Your take is along expected lines.

What the hell does trade have to do with not having adequate self esteem? If you are proud of the fact that the most resource laden state is now for three straight decades running a budget deficit and begging from the centre because even remittances are not enough to plug the gap, then so be it.
I have never worked in the Gulf, nor did my mom and dad.
I have business here in Kerala, and i have worked and studied in the UK.
I have no pride in Kerala's budget deficit, or fact that Mallu's go in droves to Gelf.
But that doesnt mean , they are some bad people. India and kerala needs to pep up, or people will migrate to greener pastures. We also need to understand that.

Adux

Country flag
I guess nobody wants to talk about 80% of our Oil being imported from GELF!! That is where the money goes.
Atleast the NRI's are bringing in money

Abhijat

Country flag
PS: I am sure ransom was paid.
:rofl:

What made you say that? .

Have you read about ex-serviceman of Saddam in ISIS group, with whom India had a good relationship , even training their officer?

It's a successful diplomacy .

Voldemort

Country flag
First diplomatic victory for Modi

New Delhi: 46 nurses taken captive by the Sunni insurgent group ISIS in Iraq were freed today and are being flown back home in what the Narendra Modi government is chalking up as its first diplomatic victory.

"It has been a day of dramatic developments," said foreign ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin.

Many are crediting the diplomatic coup to Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj, who, officials said, "worked day and night" and cancelled a trip to her constituency Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh to tackle the crisis.
The minister reportedly held back-channel talks with several countries including Syria, Jordan and Turkey, which border ISIS territory. Significantly, 32 Turkish civilians were released by ISIS militants yesterday and over 50 consulate staff and others still captive.

Sources say Ms Swaraj reached out to her counterparts in the Gulf and other countries and sought their inputs. Last week, she reportedly met India's envoys in the Gulf seeking their assessment and discussing where to go for help. She also had a working lunch with envoys from those countries in Delhi.

"All national assets were used, including India's international goodwill," Mr Akbaruddin said.

The foreign ministry also got in touch with non-government contacts, past and present.

Efforts are now on to rescue 39 construction workers who were kidnapped in Mosul two weeks ago.

Critics questioned whether the government's efforts were belated. The foreign ministry said it was a considered decision.

"They made a judgement call and didn't want to come but as the situation got worse, they changed their mind... But then the access to land route is difficult... The only people who had it were the captors and so once this decision was taken, the nurses were brought out," Mr Akbaruddin said.

Dramatic Developments and Diplomacy: How India Secured its Nurses' Release in Iraq - NDTV

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles