Chinese Troops Intrude into Indian Territory in Ladakh!!!

what options India have if china doesn't pull back from ladakh?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kickok1975

Re: I have to say:This border Standoff completely exposed India's weak

It is not that we cant blast off those Chinese from our land, we can do any time we want, we are willing to give peace a chance, war we can fight any day any time, but first chance is always peace. When peace option is closed then we we will fight it out.

Please dont take our patience as sign of our weakness. We didnt back off when US was threatening us with its 8th fleet in 1971 and you were threatening to have two front war.
We have enough resources to have military solution to problem including hitting all the major cities of China with nukes, if situation so warranted. Testing our patience would be bad idea specially with the fact that we are not the same India as we were in 1962.
War is never a good option. The weakness I refer to is internal turmoil I felt by reading people's comments: some people want an immediate war, some want peace talk, some curse Indian government, some even doubt India as a nation is born weak"¦.
Anyway, all kinds of opinions triggered by a small border incursion makes one wonder what a chaos it could be for a bigger problem. Indian people have a deep distrust on their government; lack of confidence, sometimes feels paranoid

pmaitra

I hate to say this, but I think India seriously needs to invest in arming and funding the radicals in East Turkestan, and also in Tibet. Eventually, they will have to be severely bogged down, when India can simply encroach upto highway G219.

That can only happen if we can move, in a matter of a week, several tank and artillery regiments via the roads that we are yet to build.

average american

It is not that we cant blast off those Chinese from our land, we can do any time we want, we are willing to give peace a chance, war we can fight any day any time, but first chance is always peace. When peace option is closed then we we will fight it out.

Please dont take our patience as sign of our weakness. We didnt back off when US was threatening us with its 8th fleet in 1971 and you were threatening to have two front war.
We have enough resources to have military solution to problem including hitting all the major cities of China with nukes, if situation so warranted. Testing our patience would be bad idea specially with the fact that we are not the same India as we were in 1962.

During the Cold War, America's policy toward India was different from its policy toward the two other big Asian nations – China and Japan. America did not include India as its strategic alliance partner nor did it include India as a possible containment target. And just as the United States did not approve of India attempting to balance power between United States and the Soviet Union, India did not endorse the United States' attempt to balance power between India and Pakistan. In sum, with India implementing the policy of non-alignment, maintaining friendly relations with the Soviet Union, and engaging Pakistan; and, the contrasting United States' policy of forming alliances in order to deter the Soviet Union, made it difficult for the US and India to work together

U.S-India Security Relations: Implications for China - Zhang Guihong

kickok1975

@kickok

If you look at the map closely, you will notice that DBO is about 16 km from the KK Pass.

Now watch the intrusion.

It outflanks DBO and is poised to cut of the communication to DBO. In other words, isolate DBO and then take it down piecemeal and give strategic depth to the KK Pass and the KKH.

If such a thing were to happen to China, would China sit back and have a Coke at the Macdonalds?
Of course not. As a Chinese I can feel your anger but I have to look at it both way. What is the India and China's consent on LAC? If there is consent but China breaks it, then China is obvious offender. If there is no consent but different interpretation, then it's a different story require negotiation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Chinese Dogs to bite Indian soldiers

Now threatening India with dogs. Chinese are very primitive peasants I must say

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Of course not. As a Chinese I can feel your anger but I have to look at it both way. What is the India and China's consent on LAC? If there is consent but China breaks it, then China is obvious offender. If there is no consent but different interpretation, then it's a different story require negotiation.
Huh there is a consent on not to do things which Chinese have done..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

India wanted to exchange maps, but the Foreign Secretary at that time, Kanwal Sibal, said on TV that the Chinese walked out.

He said unless one exchanged maps as to what is the perception of the Chinese and what is the perception of the Indians is known, then how can one discuss the LAC?

One is not angry.

One is simply wondering what exactly China wants so that we can know if that can be acceptable or not.

kickok1975

Chinese Dogs to bite Indian soldiers

Now threatening India with dogs. Chinese are very primitive peasants I must say

I don't think China wants a war with India or kill any Indian soldier. This is a tactical move by China to gain strategic points for negotiation.
In fact, I don't even believe China would treat India as an enemy. India is most likely a rival to China in some aspects and a strategic partner (BRICS) in others. I always feel some Indian are too paranoid.

NDY JATT

That`s Why Beijing Pith another Camp Now its 5 camps Inside territory............................[Jai Ho UPA (Singh Sahab) Aaap ki sada hi jai ho]

Himalayan tensions serve US' rebalancing strategy
April 29, 2013 M K Bhadrakumar
Fuelling India-China tensions is integral to the US' containment strategy towards the Middle Kingdom, as it would compel Delhi to coordinate its Beijing policy with Washington's.

Himalayan tensions serve US' rebalancing strategy | Russia & India Report

kickok1975

India wanted to exchange maps, but the Foreign Secretary at that time, Kanwal Sibal, said on TV that the Chinese walked out.

He said unless one exchanged maps as to what is the perception of the Chinese and what is the perception of the Indians is known, then how can one discuss the LAC?

One is not angry.

One is simply wondering what exactly China wants so that we can know if that can be acceptable or not.
In Chinese report, it is India who wants both Akai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh that makes negotiation hard to proceed. China is willing to give up Arunachal Pradesh in exchange of Akai Chin.Of course, Indian members will never agree Akai Chin belongs to China. But for negotiation sake you always have to give some in order to get some.

Last edited:

NDY JATT

Yes u are right UPA always have a plane...
PM said we are not using CBI but he is ....
He said we didn't buy any MP`S (cash for Vote) but he is......
They are manipulating us..........................

i m sure they give entire ladakh to them (Chinese).......
This is the plane...Wooow its to good

:laugh:
You are sooo pissed off.
As PM has said.."We have a plan".

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

War is never a good option. The weakness I refer to is internal turmoil I felt by reading people's comments: some people want an immediate war, some want peace talk, some curse Indian government, some even doubt India as a nation is born weak"¦.
Anyway, all kinds of opinions triggered by a small border incursion makes one wonder what a chaos it could be for a bigger problem. Indian people have a deep distrust on their government; lack of confidence, sometimes feels paranoid
Lol, that is what is called freedom of speech and expression and democracy, but make no mistake, when things get bad, people come together, good example is Kargil, where all across country people get together from North East of Country to Jammu and Kashmir to support Govts effort to evict Pakistanis.

Since you guys have hardly experienced freedom of speech and expression which is Fundamental Right in our country, i would have difficulty understanding it. Good example is that Indians can critised its Govt and even Prime Minister for what he is doing, cant say the same for your country.

sorcerer

Country flag

PRC didn't enthusiastically propaganda this in China though. Few report in China about this incident so no political points to gain domestically.

I feel this is a tactical move in order to achieve following 3 targets:
1. A warning to India that China is not blind on India's border build up
2. A test to see if India is a real tiger or just a paper tiger
3. Add a leverage for Premier Li's next month visit, or potential border negotiation
you know it, I know it..what your media reports is in favor of what some factions in PRC wants to. Even interviews with your Prime authorities are censored and "made" in presentable form. Media is another state tool.There is a maxim:"Control the media..control the mind".
Everybody knows that PRC is playing down on the issue.

.... Notably, former Premier Wen Jiabao used interviews with the foreign media to discuss his ideas for political reform, but the Chinese state media never reported the substance of those interviews, limiting their authority and impact in China...
---------------

A warning to India that China is not blind on India's border build up
a)Thats how it is supposed to be understood by India.But if in the process if you can gain some ground, then you will take it for granted.
b)Our "aggressive patrolling" is our response for what you are doing on your side of LAC. See as a nation they do have some right to eyeball what is happening on the other side of the LAC, but we stick to our agreements,a factor which PLA very well knows and that is the thin ice they are skating on now.

A test to see if India is a real tiger or just a paper tiger
Thats quiet understood.Its a way of PRC reassuring itself.It could be because PRC is concerned of its own capabilities or PRC is concerned of others capabilities or both.
A transition in power at PRC and such a stunt is expected by the neighbors of PRC.

Add a leverage for Premier Li's next month visit, or potential border negotiation
Ah Yes, Leverage.See, if it works your way, it works our way too, now that everyone is prepared.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

During the Cold War, America's policy toward India was different from its policy toward the two other big Asian nations – China and Japan. America did not include India as its strategic alliance partner nor did it include India as a possible containment target. And just as the United States did not approve of India attempting to balance power between United States and the Soviet Union, India did not endorse the United States' attempt to balance power between India and Pakistan. In sum, with India implementing the policy of non-alignment, maintaining friendly relations with the Soviet Union, and engaging Pakistan; and, the contrasting United States' policy of forming alliances in order to deter the Soviet Union, made it difficult for the US and India to work together

U.S-India Security Relations: Implications for China - Zhang Guihong
AA we are discussing India China relation in light to PLA putting tents in our land. It was slight reference to US to show that we are not weak.

pmaitra

Typically, this point, is about 150 km from TAC HQ or Daulat Beg Oldi.

Seen from South looking up North. Highway G219 leads to East Turkestan, leaving Aksai Chin, with the Kunlun Mountains just to the right. Beyond the Kunlun Mountains lay the Tarim Basin and Takla Makan Desert.

kickok1975

Lol, that is what is called freedom of speech and expression and democracy, but make no mistake, when things get bad, people come together, good example is Kargil, where all across country people get together from North East of Country to Jammu and Kashmir to support Govts effort to evict Pakistanis.

Since you guys have hardly experienced freedom of speech and expression which is Fundamental Right in our country, i would have difficulty understanding it. Good example is that Indians can critised its Govt and even Prime Minister for what he is doing, cant say the same for your country.
Indian for sure enjoys more freedom of speech than their Chinese counterparts. However China is no more a forbidden city for expression. With over 500 million people actively use internet and millions of micro-blog, it's a daunting task for government to track them, not to mention identify who is behind each post.

Indian members here always call Chinese members 50 cents army. That's not true. 50 cents army won't waste their time here in an English forum with majority Indian. They work in those forums with huge Chinese crowds so that they can influence their opinions.

sorcerer

Country flag

Indian people have a deep distrust on their government; lack of confidence, sometimes feels paranoid
Democracy comes with a price..Its these distrusts and chaos that evolves into behaviour, a time tested and seasoned political system. Well..that is the nature of a democracy.

NDY JATT

China is pursuing 13 different projects to build infrastructure in the region with a view to enable speedy movement of military wherewithal to the area.
What Indian Government is Doing That Time Collecting Funds For Infrastructure.......????? That is BULLSHIT PURE ONE

Breaking news: Ch!nks have just set up a fifth tent and have had their supplies replenished. All while our ministers have their heads up their arse. Mera Bharat mahaan :india:

NDY JATT

Dude why don't u check map?
Ok English Problem......?

Now I finally understand the sequence of the events:
1) India army built a bunker located in the China's territory based on our line of perception.
2) PLA set up tents next to the bunker and requested the removal of the bunker.
3) India media chose to cry out loud on this issue.
4) India army built tents next to PLA's tents.

Is my understanding correct? If so, why is the first event not reported when the news broke out?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Democracy comes with a price..Its these distrusts and chaos that evolves into behaviour, a time tested and seasoned political system. Well..that is the nature of a democracy.
He is simply trying to defuse and deflect the situation. Taking away attention from the real threat, which is the Chinese incursion.
Paranoid it seems, if Indian people were paranoid, they would have built some proper infrastructure in the region. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles