Military dead against permanent commission for women across the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
did you not have non religious/ regular US military men burn their cards in the vietnam war ? thrown their dog tags away?accuse other military men of rape and murder? --- should we honor those folks as examples too?

why do you keep giving me " fringe" examples?
You could not have read this yet. You need to do that before responding.

blueblood

so the women warriors in the indian history like Rani Laxmibai of Jhansi, the women gods ( who are warriors) in the culture and are revered- are what- token biatches? ( note: the term is used to illustrate an attitude vs an attempt to disrespect them)

what is this half trained women claim you made above? is your army training that piss poor that you send half trained anything to be combat troops? would that not be your " training courses " fault vs the woman being half trained?
Boy, and you fooled me to believe that you are a grown man with a wife, when you are clearly no more than a kid high on candy.

Women in Indian army are not trained by equal standards and the reason for that being is that the regular standards of this technologically challenged army is too bloody difficult for hundreds of thousands of men who get rejected every year let alone women. Thus women get easy acceptance and crappy training just so that they could pass the training and prevent Indian army from liberals who think the army is sexist

JayATL

Boy, and you fooled me to believe that you are a grown man with a wife, when you are clearly no more than a kid high on candy.

Women in Indian army are not trained by equal standards and the reason for that being is that the regular standards of this technologically challenged army is too bloody difficult for hundreds of thousands of men who get rejected every year let alone women. Thus women get easy acceptance and crappy training just so that they could pass the training and prevent Indian army from liberals who think the army is sexist
So let me get this right: women are trained well and are accepted when they pass the requisite training in other countries. But somehow( thats what you are saying above!) it's the fault of "women" that your army is piss poor in training when it comes to them. Thus -- let's not improve the training but now we don't allow them in period -is your logic.

I don't know if you know that you are insulting the Indian army training standards to promote your sexist views

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

@JayATL what works in your home country does not work here

JayATL

You could not have read this yet. You need to do that before responding.
read what - your example of " fringe" blog " Religious Israeli Soldiers - Serving With Women Is Like Eating Pork".

JayATL

@JayATL what works in your home country does not work here
why- women in india are inferior? they don't have the mental and physical capacity as " americans"? or do americans not go to war with countries that have the same mentaility as pakistanis?

blueblood

So let me get this right: women are trained well and are accepted when they pass the requisite training in other countries. But somehow it's the fault of "women" that your army is piss poor in training when it comes to them. Thus -- let's not improve the training but now we don't allow them in period -is your logic.

I don't know if you know that you are insulting the Indian army training standards promote your sexist views
Because other countries have money to spend on their soldiers and technology is another aspect.

The military's $20 billion air conditioning bill: By the numbers - The Week

This more than the entire budget of IAF and IN and five times the budget of entire Pakistani armed forces.

On the other hand an Indian jawan used to get Rs7000 (before 6th pay commission) a month for serving on the highest mountain range in the world. Heck, my chaiwallah earns more than that.

Stop wasting my time.

JayATL

Do you guys not get this-- you are insulting your own, wife's, sisters and mothers here w/ your sexist views..

India's history is rife with great women who have put their life's in danger for it'scountrymen. I dare say more than any country (given your illustrious culture and civilization)

why is that I've always have to plead w/ you guys "bring yours standards up vs...backward thinking"

W.G.Ewald

Professional
read what - your example of " fringe" blog " Religious Israeli Soldiers - Serving With Women Is Like Eating Pork".
"You can't tell a book by its cover." I said the title was inflammatory, but the discussion was insightful.

The game here is not to see who can respond the quickest. You have to take time to think. Try decaf.

JayATL

Because other countries have money to spend on their soldiers and technology is another aspect.

The military's $20 billion air conditioning bill: By the numbers - The Week

This more than the entire budget of IAF and IN and five times the budget of entire Pakistani armed forces.

On the other hand an Indian jawan used to get Rs7000 (before 6th pay commission) a month for serving on the highest mountain range in the world. Heck, my chaiwallah earns more than that.

Stop wasting my time.

so by extension of this logic--- the men you train are piss poor too because you still use the same " budget" for them!

yeah- you have effectively first used

" we half-train them " logic

and now we have " no budget " to train them- logic..

I'm not " wasting your time"... you can leave the thread and not post... you have managed to insult indian army more than even a pakistani could...

Iamanidiot

why- women in india are inferior? they don't have the mental and physical capacity as " americans"? or do americans not go to war with countries that have the same mentaility as pakistanis?
The women are fine but the pakis are pakis cannot trust them with a women POW

pmaitra

Yes- you anecdotes are bullshit, you are sharing cases that are not only not the norm-. but disrespectful of any man's army.

You are painting entire groups based on your ridiculous ancedotes. I have anecdotes where US military " men" have been charged with rape of civilians.... by the extension of your logic--- that would be -" the anecdote" for not having men in the militray or worse " speak to all " that serve the US military...

Some US military men and women were responsible for Abhu Gharib--- so that anecdote ( world freaking famous one)--- would mean others are right in calling US militray as one that tortures, period- all based on a handful of idiots within it!
Jay,

When you are talking to someone who is much older and experienced than you are, and has actually served in the military given that you have not, don't you think you should be a little bit more courteous in your responses?

Why are you being so abrasive?

JayATL

"You can't tell a book by its cover." I said the title was inflammatory, but the discussion was insightful.

The game here is not to see who can respond the quickest. You have to take time to think. Try decaf.
then quote the parts you think was insightful, inspite of a " Serving With Women Is Like Eating Pork" header. I'm not here to read every of the 20 links you posted. I or anyone can't be blamed for avoiding reading " Serving With Women Is Like Eating Pork" topics.

Iamanidiot

Jay,

When you are talking to someone who is much older and experienced than you are, and has actually served in the military given that you have not, don't you think you should be a little bit more courteous in your responses?

Pro-Feminism seems to be the fashion nowadays for all the wrong reasons..

W.G.Ewald

Professional
then quote the parts you think was insightful, inspite of a " Serving With Women Is Like Eating Pork" header. I'm not here to read every of the 20 links you posted. I or anyone can't be blamed for avoiding reading " Serving With Women Is Like Eating Pork" topics.
Fair enough.:)

pmaitra

What are you talking about? Why are you comparing US and India? Does US excel over India in all respects when it comes to women? Ponder after reading below:

USA:
President - de facto and de jure head of state. (A woman, ever? None till date.)

India:
President - de jure head of state. (A woman, ever? Yes.)
Prime Minister - de facto head of state. (A woman, ever? Yes.)

And prima facie, why do I keep hearing, 'Look at that car backing up, must be a woman behind the wheels!' or 'Women cannot drive?' Yes, I have heard this from American men, way too many times to keep count of.

Last edited:

JayATL

Jay,

how do you know he is more experienced? And experienced in what? And since when did " older" equate to some guarantee of speaking with sense and clarity? Was it the part he quoted anecdotes of a woman cribbing about her nail being broken- as a defining moment(s) of his argument of women should not be in the military?

When did serving in the military equate to being smarter? Given his anecdotes it proves he is jarhead... BTW most of the military personnel are jarheads, high-school educated.

was it not the "Older and been in the military Geroge Bush" not take us into the Iraq war? ...

I never get this " oh he is in the miltary-- shoot my family is too!" My wife as I have stated here is a Marine ( there is no such thing as ex-marine as she says), my family members are in the Navy. Marine core, airforce serving right now! -- should that give me the right to make anecdotes as proof postive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles