Status
Not open for further replies.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

These troops look sharp.

Last edited:

JayATL

According to you women are supposed to share the same fate or even worse instead of helping out with logistics, medicals or signals.

Getting raped, killed and having your body mutilated is the only way to prove that you served the nation with bravery and integrity while getting supplies for the men is not that charming.
No - hell no. rather according to me - just because you have an opposing army that is gahttiya - does mean you become the thakedar's of a person signing up in a volunteer army. They know what they are signing up for.... nobody died and made us the thakedar's of a woman choosing to defnd her country , period.

Last edited:

JayATL

I just wonder why you can't stay calm and stay on subject. Others have referred to your bizarre behavior and I regret having to witness it.
if you want 1 on pysche class on my style/tone--- pay me and I will discuss it. if not stick to debating the contentiions I bring forth. distracting the subject matter at hand , serves as an " ancedote"

Country flag
Has anyone alluded to the Israeli experience in this area? (
Israel has a population shortage that makes women in the services a necessity, for a country like India where there are 100's of millions of capable young men this is not the case. Either way most of the women in Israeli military work in equipment maintenance and logistics.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Isreali women fight on the front lines.
I believe you are actually wrong about that, and I would like you to provide some evidence of that claim. Can you do that?

JayATL

Without sounding chauvenistic there are probably a 100 things that a woman will not do or refuse
to do. Women are nothing more than a distraction.Many times the service is not even sure where to place
these brave women.
Oh lord- what part of a volunteer army is not getting through? if they dont want to " do this and that" they won't apply for the position !

they used to say that about Indians at one time under british rule-- they are capable of fighting and leading in the white man's army was the theory. Too inferiror thinking they used to say...

I really don't get his- it's like Stockholm syndrome only now perpetrated on another minority group..

Iamanidiot

1)I can't stand to see an Indian women as a POW with the Pakistanis

2)Where do women have place in the regimented army set-up of ours?

3)Women bring their own teething troubles to the army

blueblood

No - hell no. rather according to me - just because you have an opposing army that is gahttiya - does mean you become the thakedar's of a person signing up in a volunteer army. They know what they are signing up for.... nobody died and made us the thakedar's of a woman choosing to defnd her country , period.
They need to become thakedars because unlike European armies we fight real wars with a shitty enemy and we want our best to be there on the border not some half trained woman who voluntered.

Country flag
I will give you a simple example that I remember. In the first gulf war the boys liked to walk around in t-shirts and boxers; and one female reserve soldier made an issue, and wanted to walk around in her bra and panty, this may sound funny but she was serious well no one was opposed to it ,but this became a major distraction ,and she was not able to continue in her woman's right campaign. This incident was probably 1-2 days ;but the distraction from it went on for a few weeks. Saudi Arabia had given specific instructions about dress code for women soldiers and knowing this she still made an issue of something that she knew concise instructions were given for.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
OK, post #41 was sexist and I probably insulted somebody's little sister. I am going to self edit.

Iamanidiot

Human rights are not the flavour of any Indo-pak war.which is nothing but a communal riot in armour

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I will give you a simple example that I remember. In the first gulf war the boys liked to walk around in t-shirts and boxers and one female reserve soldier made an issue and wanted to walk around in her bra and panty, this may sound funny but she was serious well no one was opposed to it but this became a major distraction and she was not able to continue in her woman's right campaign. This incident was probably 1-2 days but the distraction from it went on for a few weeks.
You needed a female Sergeant-Major (Regular Army) in that situation.

The female reservist probably wanted a ticket home.

JayATL

I believe you are actually wrong about that, and I would like you to provide some evidence of that claim. Can you do that?
Ahh you may have got me on the semantics as I consider that country a daily front line. most every war it fought had women in the frontlines... they allow women now to be " combat troops" but not what they call frontline troops... but supporting troops to the front line troops i.e. they can be in the front lines but not engage the enemy- as in - first in...

" Women no longer participate in front line combat, but they train for it, and teach it to recruits. Many women have the status of "Kravi", or "Combat troops". and the discussion on semantics is about being combat troops vs just supporting roles here...

JayATL

They need to become thakedars because unlike European armies we fight real wars with a shitty enemy and we want our best to be there on the border not some half trained woman who voluntered.
so the women warriors in the indian history like Rani Laxmibai of Jhansi, the women gods ( who are warriors) in the culture and are revered- are what- token biatches? ( note: the term is used to illustrate an attitude vs an attempt to disrespect them)

what is this half trained women claim you made above? is your army training that piss poor that you send half trained anything to be combat troops? would that not be your " training courses " fault vs the woman being half trained?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles