The Indian/Chinese/Pakistani Triangle

Punya Pratap

Country flag
I would like to start this thread by discussing the most important factor that governs majority of our and our neighbors foreign and domestic policy. The following are the salient facts :

1) China & Pakistan - "The All Weather Friends"

2) India - Faces a Two Front War

3) Pakistan - A NATO Member and a some what out of favour US stooge!!

My First Question -

Even though I wish we don't have to face any war's which can go nuclear (including India and Pakistan) I wish to ask everyone here and especially my Chinese friends if China and USA go to War would your ALL WEATHER FRIEND - PAKISTAN fight for you coz I think if China is thinking of intervening during an India-Pakistan war they should ask themselves this question before they use the term "All Weather Friend" regarding a state whose foreign policy as well as national policy is based on OPPORTUNISM !! They turned on their own home grown and trained strategic tools called Taliban after the 9/11 when George W. Bush bluntly told them that "You are either with us or against us in this War on Terror" I wonder what will Pakistan do if the same kind of threat is used by USA in case of escalation between China and America!

My Second Question -

If India and China manage to clear out the only sticking point between their relation i.e; the border dispute (there is talks going on as we speak) will Pakistan influence Chinese policy towards India?? After all Indo-Sino relationship has more potential and shall reap much much higher dividends then compared to Sino Pakistani relationship not only economically or strategically but bearing in mind the historical relations the two countries have shared!

My Third Question -

I dont know whether the Foreign Policy mandarins of China understand this but India as a nation assumed the historical role that Pakistan as a nation can never simply because the very idea behind the nation called Pakistan was based on OPPORTUNISM and hence OPPORTUNISM has been the deciding factor in their entire foreign as well as domestic policy. The Opportunism of becoming a NATO member, the Opportunism of getting Nuclear know-how or Missile delivery systems, the Opportunism of becoming the Key Nation in Fight Against Terror after 9/11 thereby ensuring the continued inflow of American Aid and Dollars!

My Fourth Question -

During Kargil when Mussharaf was told their Nuke delivery systems (Babur et all) were more failures, he begged China to deploy their missiles and they did but do you think it was wise of China knowing fully well that there is something called RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS THE WORLD and I hope and pray China thinks thrice before taking such steps simply because Pakistan will not reciprocate the Chinese gesture if China faces war with America but China would have faced a nuclear backlash had the Kargil war gone nuclear.

MY POINT IS IF CHINA IS ASSOCIATED WITH A ROGUE NATION LIKE PAKISTAN THAN THE NUCLEAR THRESHOLD OF THE WORLD IS CERTAINLY PRECARIOUS COZ PAKISTAN DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO BEHAVE RESPONSIBLY AND THERE IS CERTAINLY NO FEELINGS TOWARDS THE WELFARE OF THE WORLD OR HUMAN RACE AS SUCH & THEY HAVE ITCHY TRIGGER FINGERS!!!

My Fifth Question -

Indo-Sino relationship can only get better over time and the border dispute can be settled but I will like to ask my Chinese friends whether they think the Uighur problem of Xinjinag will eve be sorted out knowing that they have implicit backing of the radical forces within Pakistan and let me assure you Pakistan will keep radicalising and terror will keep fuming from Pakistani soil whether it be towards India or China! After all Pakistan is a Muslim state that will always consider non Muslims their enemy and

My Sixth Question -

Has China assessed what it stand to lose or gain by throwing their lot with Pakistan bearing in mind the above points? I wish to know whether alienating India on behest of Pakistan is worth while knowing that China is only forcing Indian more and more in the US-Japanese and the rest of the World nexus (Vietnam, Australia, Philippines) and above all is it worth while ??

I would be thankful if everyone here can add their view points and I shall be really happy to see some of my Chinese friends reply.... I would love to see their viewpoints!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles