Several issues misunderstood by most Indians

Compersion

Country flag
its fine to have a combative behavior here and i am sure the more reasoned PRC and Chinese posters here appreciate that good debate and discussion also exist here. In fact many have shared good knowledge and are good at explaining their views in a appropriate manner.

but it has to be beyond measure to see PRC posters agree to what Cloudy is saying (and that includes the first few posts to this thread). My impression of PRC posters here (some of whom are excellent at combativeness and craft) would diminish. Support of Cloudy is strange.

And this thread needs to be observed that emanates from the original first posts by Cloudy. For example Post #6 what is he trying to say. (a stream always has a origin) and whatever else follows. even the "attempt" of justification is sour.

The author of Post #59 (please read) and #84 is a learned man and a person with reason and measured resolutions. There must be justification and rationalization and one must always try and ask (you are free to ask that is the greatness). But combativeness needs to be in co-existence and mature and especially fair and also just because the learned poster is not having a group and assemblage of people trying to help him and make him look strong does not make that a fact of veracity (in fact such a person requires no assistance and can easily handle assemblages on his own).

But to take the word of Cloudy and not the learned poster that is not according to good humanities and teachings ... and i find it amusing.

I might not be understanding what the fuss is about but one thing is for sure Cloudy is talking without any reason and substance and especially without any good research and reference and reading the above posts suggests that PRC posters agree to such thoughts which are far away from the truths and facts that one presumes reasoned and pragmatic PRC and Chinese people to have generally.

ghost

I used Chinese here just for asking Chinese to leave, not for your reading. I think they'd better leave here so they can avoid encountering disgusting comments. I hope no Chinese shall waste their time here, and then you can enjoy a clear forum without Chinese people bothering you, whom you think to be brainwashed. Jai Hind.
Sir,this is not a state controlled controlled forum ,where every thing will be projected as la la land.This is a free forum ,a free world which represent the reality of life."That each and every individual is different " .We celebrate the "difference" over here ,as we celebrate the "similarity" .It is where you debate ,you are allowed to put forward your view ,you will be countered by others view.It is not to propagate a propaganda but to celebrate different view points.There are many point regarding China which we appreciate then there are many which we don't.Same with the Chinese posters ,no one is forcing you to praise India ,or do something you do not feel.I am sure you must have gone through what your fellow Chinese poster post about India "NOT SO GOOD" ,but it's okay as this forum promote you to be real so express your real feelings and not pretend like a state controlled zombie.This forum is all about "freedom" so I request you to enjoy the freedom to promote your view point ,and appreciate the freedom of others to oppose your view point. Please go through this, courtsey @Ray sir

If everyone agrees with each other, then would that not be like talking to oneself?

So, let the Ganges flow unrestricted as should flow the Volga, Mississippi Missouri, Thames, Yangtse Kiang, Tsangpo, Mekong and other rivers that is the life of the world and humanity at large.

Let us sit back and enjoy the contradictions of life and humanity that makes living so exciting.

I would beg to differ - most Indians can be quite reasonable and friendly. Unfortunately, the Indian members of this forum are not like most Indian people - they are generally far more right-wing, far younger, and generally out to tilt against windmills against perceived slights to their beloved nation - a nation which most of them are defending with a keyboard rather than a rifle...
Sir,as I have already said ,people tend to have different view point and when there are two different view point they clash,be it different country or within our own country or home.I would apologize ,if you felt offended.But to insult you is not the purpose ,but to make fun of you,might be .As we find the contradiction between the reality and what you propagate funny.I think it's all right to make fun of contradictions,even you are welcome to oppose and do the same as per your wish.

So as you would say, lets prepare our rifles and get ready for war ,or as I would say lets prepare our words and get ready for debate.:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

bennedose

Misconception 6: Chinese people are short.
That's what makes me lol.
Indians are known to be short.
Chinese men's avg height is 172.1cm while Indians' is 164.5cm. (From wikipedia)
For people living in Northern China, this number is 175cm.
I'm 185-cm tall, and in my hometown there're many people taller than me.
In the past, Chinese are surely short due to shortage of food.
Maybe your impression of Chinese is still based on 1962's Chinese solders. They might look short.
What i love about this explanation is that some Indian troll has simply vomited out the idea that the Chinese are short and this Einstein has to take the trouble to explain to 1 billion indians that Chinese are not short.

To me what is interesting is that fact that this guy considers being short as an insult and he has been shamed enough to actually put this up as a "misconception that Indians have" :rofl:

This list of misconceptions is one of the most stupid and reactive lists I have seen built up only by reading posts of Indian internet trolls who are probably laughing their asses off at the success of their trolling in shaming and pissing off a Chinese enough for him to actually create a thread like this one.

Indians do not have such misconceptions of China. Most Indians do not even think of China.

mylegend

Ray, if you are so confident that "Negro" is not offensive. Say that to a African American, see if he/she is offended. For a person that have never live in the USA, you are truly ill-informed. One simple way you can find out the truth is to consult other Indian members that have US experience. Many black associations retain that word in their name for the reason as a reminder. Today's media and public will never dare to used the word other than as reference to a speech or association. Ray, by deflecting, you are not changing the fact that you are racist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo

Otm Shank

Dont understand the hostility to this chinese guy at all. Most of these perceptions of indian people by china are exactly the same westerners have of india. The lack of sanitation and personal rights, The crimes against the vunerable especially woman and low castes and the extreme poverty and backwardsness get written about everyday throughout the world ( search the new york times or huffington post for articles yesterday)

Getting mad or pretending outsiders are making it up is ridiculous. It makes indians seem delusional and not much different from islamics. Get yourselves in order and spend your energies fixing your problems instead of getting upset cause people point them out.

Otm Shank

We are not slavish like the Chinese who ape the Western values, models, building as the sole index. That is the real sign of inferiority that the Chinese suffer from just to prove that they have 'arrived'.
ummm We colluded with europeans to enslave ourselves for centuries even used as cannon fodder to enslave africans and east asians as colonial troops..Indians lose their ish when they have to speak an indian language. even a man with so much support like modi gets flak when he tries to use hindi over english. Indias entire political system was imposed upon our homeland along with Victorian morals by english with laws from the 1800s still used

Modi was given a mandate to put india on the same course as china, its sad you percieve modern capability and industries as something thats western instead of human. I wonder if the west thought the same way when it stole indian arithmetic and science or Chinese chemistry or engineering?

why are you throwing stones when we live in a glass house?

jouni

From Finnish standpoint India is pretty invisible. You are doing better job with Jaguar than Chinese with Volvo though.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ray, if you are so confident that "Negro" is not offensive. Say that to a African American, see if he/she is offended. For a person that have never live in the USA, you are truly ill-informed. One simple way you can find out the truth is to consult other Indian members that have US experience. Many black associations retain that word in their name for the reason as a reminder. Today's media and public will never dare to used the word other than as reference to a speech or association. Ray, by deflecting, you are not changing the fact that you are racist.
Do in Rome as the Romans do.

if in the USA, they feel it is not appropriate, then so be it. Yet, if it were an academic discussion there on such a word, I would surely state the etymology since that is academic.

What makes you feel that I have not visited the US or have had no interaction with Americans? Do you think that the Chinese are the sole globe trotters though classified as being the cheap. loud noveau riche?

What a pathetic statement -
Many black associations retain that word in their name for the reason as a reminder.
If it is so offensive, then why have any reminder, my Chinese sage?

You never knew of it till I mentioned, or else you would not have got ballistically PC in the first place!

By spew hot Chinese air, you are not going to run away from the fact that the Chinese are the Racist No 1 of the world!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Dont understand the hostility to this chinese guy at all. Most of these perceptions of indian people by china are exactly the same westerners have of india. The lack of sanitation and personal rights, The crimes against the vunerable especially woman and low castes and the extreme poverty and backwardsness get written about everyday throughout the world ( search the new york times or huffington post for articles yesterday)

Getting mad or pretending outsiders are making it up is ridiculous. It makes indians seem delusional and not much different from islamics. Get yourselves in order and spend your energies fixing your problems instead of getting upset cause people point them out.
OK lets address the issue for all India deriders.

Whatever makes one feel that westerners are the sole arbiters and value judgement authorities of values and opinions of the world at large?

Shank the supercilious punctilious false borrowed superiority and cry 'Om, Shanti Om'.

So,Huffington Post and NYT the staple? Good for all. Then the kowtowing to the West is complete. Taking that some want to ne wannabe Westerners., the colour will never wash off try one might. And one will never be accepted as one of their own in private circles.

It is the West that is delusional. China was derided as the Bamboo Curtain with a host of human rights atrocities and torture and cruelty trotted out day and night by the very newspapers mentioned. Now, the West is licking their boots! And wannabes are trying to be more loyal to the King than the King himself!

It is time one saw reality in India instead of mouthing good old western stereotypes of Rajahs, snake charmers and low caste. Try getting funny with any so called low caste and one will be jailed, old chap. Come over and try, Chinaman, Whiteman, money haver none. Is one aware how many so called low castes are calling the shot in politics, governance et al, to include being millionaires?

Get real. those who are Uncle Toms.

ummm We colluded with europeans to enslave ourselves for centuries even used as cannon fodder to enslave africans and east asians as colonial troops..Indians lose their ish when they have to speak an indian language. even a man with so much support like modi gets flak when he tries to use hindi over english. Indias entire political system was imposed upon our homeland along with Victorian morals by english with laws from the 1800s still used

Modi was given a mandate to put India on the same course as china, its sad you percieve modern capability and industries as something thats western instead of human. I wonder if the west thought the same way when it stole indian arithmetic and science or Chinese chemistry or engineering?

why are you throwing stones when we live in a glass house?
One maybe of Indian origin, and while Modi generally speaks Hindi, yet he is applauded, even by those who are not so conversant with the Hindi language. And lest one did not know, he speaks in English too!

It is not the language that matters, it is the content and he has endeared himself because he mean business and that is what all understand. Staying way out from Indian shores, many hold opinions from such western bigoted trash as Huffington Post and NYT. They are out of touch with real India and are sold on western views which is agenda driven.

Let India allow a free run to the Western industries as China did, the favourite rags that one read every morning with your tea and biscuits, will sing paeans as they do for China, which was once their bete noire. West understand money, but not morals.

I am not throwing stones and the house I live in is not of glass.

But I sure am not an Uncle Tom.

Last edited:

mylegend

Do in Rome as the Romans do.

if in the USA, they feel it is not appropriate, then so be it. Yet, if it were an academic discussion there on such a word, I would surely state the etymology since that is academic.

What makes you feel that I have not visited the US or have had no interaction with Americans? Do you think that the Chinese are the sole globe trotters though classified as being the cheap. loud noveau riche?

What a pathetic statement -

If it is so offensive, then why have any reminder, my Chinese sage?

You never knew of it till I mentioned, or else you would not have got ballistically PC in the first place!

By spew hot Chinese air, you are not going to run away from the fact that the Chinese are the Racist No 1 of the world!
Umm... I guess you never take your composition class in college. Strict definition is consider as denotation, the fact that those words are associated with racists create the conotation definition of being racist. Your defense of academic argument exposed your lack of academic background. Furthermore, what is your base of argument claiming me never know of the knowledge. Looking at the time you spend in the forum, you seems to be having much time as a working professional.

There is no need for a racist individual like you to say that I never know. The language is indeed offensive, btry to say that to African Americans without them going rage. Ray, you simply don't have much knowledge about the topic, so stop pretending you are. Just admitted that you are racist, as the language you have postwd pretending east asian accent is clearly deemed offensive in other civilized english speaking countries.

As I said, if you really doubt what I said, go ask any American Indians member like pmaitra

Last edited:

mylegend

What seems more likely that you know it is racist all along, but you just pretend you knew nothing.

bennedose

Once an immigrant moves to America he gets American attitudes and imagines that no one else is allowed to have any other attitudes or views and that only the American one is valid and makes idiotic statements like the above one suggesting that not knowing the American view is being "ill informed". That is one more laughably stupid viewpoint. Negro may be a dirty word in America - but it has no racist connotaions in India except by Indians who have similarly settled in America and think the American view is correct.

Reactions: Ray

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Umm... I guess you never take your composition class in college. Strict definition is consider as denotation, the fact that those words are associated with racists create the conotation definition of being racist. Your defense of academic argument exposed your lack of academic background. Furthermore, what is your base of argument claiming me never know of the knowledge. Looking at the time you spend in the forum, you seems to be having much time as a working professional.

There is no need for a racist individual like you to say that I never know. The language is indeed offensive, btry to say that to African Americans without them going rage. Ray, you simply don't have much knowledge about the topic, so stop pretending you are. Just admitted that you are racist, as the language you have postwd pretending east asian accent is clearly deemed offensive in other civilized english speaking countries.

As I said, if you really doubt what I said, go ask any American Indians member like pmaitra
The short answer to you comes from China

"When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger"

t_co

The short answer to you comes from China

"When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger"
Ray, given how blinded you are by racism against Han Chinese, I doubt you could find the moon at all.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ray, given how blinded you are by racism against Han Chinese, I doubt you could find the moon at all.
What a pathetic statement.

I am not blinded by about the Han.

I am only concerned about the snake oil salesman sales talk, that is patently false and deceitful that the Han posters peddle as the Gospel about China and the magnificence of the Han.

I merely show the mirror to DFI as to what is the truth and I do so with links.

That too you all is not palatable and in typical Communist style you gang up and yet fail to prove me wrong.

Your failure you attribute as my 'racism'.

I have proved:

1. how all in China are not Han, but are the byproducts of Sinicisation and how that is still being pursued in Tibet and Xinjiang. and that the 91.3% being Han in China as per CCP statistics is a patently contrived figure and a product of Han pepetuated cultural genocide throuhgout its history on non Han

2. how Mandarin is not one single language but many, each mutually unintelligible to the other and how the Han, in their patented decitful way call them as as ;dialect'.

3. how there is a total cultural divide between the North and the South to include genetic difference.

And many such falsehood purveyed by the Han posters that I have put in its correct perspective.

Now, obviously, they are not palatable to the Han posters.

So, you carry on with your diatribe against me, without a shred of fact to support your diatribe.

Enjoy.

Have a Coca Cola and a Mcdonald burger and become the wannabe 'westerner' to indicate that you have 'arrived'.

In so far as the moon and finger is concerned, it is you who should worry about that since you have on Monday, September 8 had the Moonccake Festival.

Enjoyed that?

Big Mac and Coke?

Moon cakes are so decadent and peasant like rustic, right?

Hope you could beat the rush to be with your family in overcrowded trains.

Last edited:

Otm Shank

OK lets address the issue for all India deriders.

Whatever makes one feel that westerners are the sole arbiters and value judgement authorities of values and opinions of the world at large?

Shank the supercilious punctilious false borrowed superiority and cry 'Om, Shanti Om'.

So,Huffington Post and NYT the staple? Good for all. Then the kowtowing to the West is complete. Taking that some want to ne wannabe Westerners., the colour will never wash off try one might. And one will never be accepted as one of their own in private circles.

It is the West that is delusional. China was derided as the Bamboo Curtain with a host of human rights atrocities and torture and cruelty trotted out day and night by the very newspapers mentioned. Now, the West is licking their boots! And wannabes are trying to be more loyal to the King than the King himself!

It is time one saw reality in India instead of mouthing good old western stereotypes of Rajahs, snake charmers and low caste. Try getting funny with any so called low caste and one will be jailed, old chap. Come over and try, Chinaman, Whiteman, money haver none. Is one aware how many so called low castes are calling the shot in politics, governance et al, to include being millionaires?

Get real. those who are Uncle Toms.

One maybe of Indian origin, and while Modi generally speaks Hindi, yet he is applauded, even by those who are not so conversant with the Hindi language. And lest one did not know, he speaks in English too!

It is not the language that matters, it is the content and he has endeared himself because he mean business and that is what all understand. Staying way out from Indian shores, many hold opinions from such western bigoted trash as Huffington Post and NYT. They are out of touch with real India and are sold on western views which is agenda driven.

Let India allow a free run to the Western industries as China did, the favourite rags that one read every morning with your tea and biscuits, will sing paeans as they do for China, which was once their bete noire. West understand money, but not morals.

I am not throwing stones and the house I live in is not of glass.

But I sure am not an Uncle Tom.
No one brought values and ethics into the discussion. only perceptions of india internationally which has heavily changed because of the internet. Indicators and statistics of quality of life and development doesnt lie or pass judgement. I notice you post articles that cite the nyt a dozen times as well as a plethora of western media earlier in the thread, does that make you a tom? BTW I prefer the term menial sepoy thankyouverymuch

Im sorry youre offended ray but not everyone that points out the quality of life and social issues want to deride india but rather want improvement for the better of our people. I wont bother replying to the rest because itll turn nasty and no need to give ammunition to people that actually just hate india.

One of the chinese best qualities are their honesty about their shortcomings. It makes it easier to fix them when you admit you have a problem

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One of the chinese best qualities are their honesty about their shortcomings. It makes it easier to fix them when you admit you have a problem
That is real news to me.

Check the forum and you won't find any honesty from them.

Seeing is believing and not fairy tales.

ghost

No one brought values and ethics into the discussion. only perceptions of india internationally which has heavily changed because of the internet. Indicators and statistics of quality of life and development doesnt lie or pass judgement. I notice you post articles that cite the nyt a dozen times as well as a plethora of western media earlier in the thread, does that make you a tom? BTW I prefer the term menial sepoy thankyouverymuch

Im sorry youre offended ray but not everyone that points out the quality of life and social issues want to deride india but rather want improvement for the better of our people. I wont bother replying to the rest because itll turn nasty and no need to give ammunition to people that actually just hate india.

Sir,

Who said we don't admit our problems.But what matter is that if we are sitting idol over them or fighting them.

India has population of billions ,add to this people who look different ,speak different ,eat different .Now majority of this population is poor.Add to this regional rivalry,unrest .But as time is progressing people are travelling to other region,communicating mixing with each other so these barriers are falling.

Yes there is caste problem here.We are encountering it with reservation in jobs ,in studies for lower cast,laws making discrimination illegal,by spreading social awareness and all this is showing result.Slowly and surely it is on decline.

Yes,we have problem of rape.We are trying to counter it with better policing,creating general awareness and through strict laws.Will it be possible to completely stop rape?NO.But what can be done is to bring the number down by providing better security and ensuring quick justice in such cases and provide harsh punishment to the offender.Check out are new laws against rape and then compare it with your country.

Yes ,dirt and pollution is a problem.But you must understand ,when earning food for the day is the challenge then clean environment becomes a luxury ,which is not a priority and with time we are making great progress here too.And we have an army of retired army soldiers ,there main work is to do plantation throughout whole country,many other measure are being taken.like cng based public transport etc etc

Yes there are poor,we as a country are working our best to overcome poverty,but it takes time to do this .steadily and slowly we are overcoming this.Government has provide various subsidy to poor people to help them in education,food and health.Per capita income is increasing not decreasing.

Infrastructure,yes we lag behind developed countries in this because we have many other problems to handle and very few amount of money.But as we are developing the infrastructure is also booming,40years down the line we will be standing at the same level as of yours in infrastructure or probably more,if we continue with this speed.

Yes we have corruption ,there is corruption everywhere especially in government,As corruption is an easy way to get rich and everybody want to get rich so it has been rampant.But we are trying to fight it,by electing leaders whom we think as honest,by introducing lokayukta which is a department especially meant to deal with corruption,by introducing technology so that corruption can be checked.Most of the government are moving towards e governance ,we have right to information,we are increasing general awareness among people.and many other ways.

And so on there are many other problems,infact I would say each and every problem which you can think of.But the point to be noted is this, that we are well aware of these problems and trying are best to tackle them with whatever means we have.

Now even after all these problems and population and everything else ,we are making progress and that too quite a lot.We are behind only china in fastest developing economy.Now please do not compare us with China ,as the basic essence of human freedom has been taken away from them,they are more like state controlled robots then free human beings.They can't even reproduce against the will of government,in contrast over here we have our individual freedom which even state cannot overrule.

So even after all these problems,all these chaos and after retaining personal freedom ,if India is still able to make such steady progress then this is not short of a miracle .And if you cannot commend us for this then the least you people can do is to show some respect to the country called India.Which is fighting her problems overcoming all odds and making progress.

As Indians ,we don't need to be reminded of our problems ,as we are already aware of them and working towards tackling them and if you can't appreciate a country fight to overcome its problem then at least do not make a mockery of it.As a country it does not affect us ,but on individual level it might, but then you can continue with your mockery and we will continue with our work and some day will surely surpass you but we will not look down upon you as you people look down upon us.:namaste:

thethinker

Country flag
No one brought values and ethics into the discussion. only perceptions of india internationally which has heavily changed because of the internet. Indicators and statistics of quality of life and development doesnt lie or pass judgement
There is a disconnect between image of India peddled internationally and the investments that it attracts internationally.

Do not be worried about what goes in India and if people here admit problems or not. Especially if you have not lived here for a period of time and have not witnessed changes first hand.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I agree with u, I don't know about Chinese generation changes (if u want u can share ur Chinese generation) but India''s is
1950-70 Gandhi generation
70-90 Confused generation
90-2010 Experimental generation
2010 onwards NATIONALISTIC,Right wing,Confident generation
In today's Information/Technological era KEYBOARD is more dangerous than Rifle :rofl:

please explain the confused generation of Indians from 70 to 90??

I have no Idea what kind of confusion Indians are there at that time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles