Internet today consists of two parts

nimo_cn

Country flag
Wow. You are arguing that Chinese shouldn't talk to foreigners on the internet because every country does space/military development individually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think amoy is arguing that Chinese should have their own FB and TW.

Interaction with the outside world is being encouraged in China, as long as the process is not dominated by the other side of the interaction.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

nimo_cn

Country flag
How are denied access?

I have a computer, but I do not go to Twitter, FB or whatever. No one has denied it to me.

What access are you talking about?

The problem is that you are a Chinese.

You cannot breach the boundaries of FASTEST, GREATEST, STRONGEST, HIGHEST, LARGEST, LONGEST, SHORTEST mindset.

I can assure you that the air is sure CLEANER than compared to China the most POLLUTED nation of the world!

Indians are not DENIED access to the Internet. They have a FREE CHOICE. They can go to the internet cafés that are also there in the rural areas.

It is just that they are more preoccupied with better things in life including listening to the evening discourse of the Ram Katha instead of aimless chatter on the Internet. Not being on the Internet is no indication of not having 'arrived', the syndrome that makes the Chinese very satisfied that they are capable of aping the West.

Internet is useful to obtain information quickly on a subject that interest. It can never replace pursuit of scholarly reading.

All this aimless chatter on the Internet, FB etc are for people who have time on their hand; at best a pleasant distraction from the routine humdrum of life. Hardly a credit to wear as a badge of great achievement on the sleeve.
For the Chinese who are choked and stifled by the numerous mind control measures that they are subjected to, it is a matter of great pride and indeed, rightfully, a breath of fresh air.

BTW, can you rebut what the TIME magazine has written about the stifling of the cyberspace by the mind control mechanisms of the Communist Party of China and their surrogates representing the Govt of PRC?
it's not like Chinese Internet is completely cut off from the outside world. in fact, the most prominent portals being banned in China are Facebook and Twitter, something you just trivialized, hence wont affect the quality of Chinese Internet.

Indians are denied access to Internet because they are poor and cant afford it, the low Internet penetration in India just proved it. therefore, it's pointless to compare Internet quality unless you have quantity.

individually, you certainly have an Internet quality and quantity advantage over me. I cant visit Facebook without activating a proxy software, it's true that YOU have more choices. however, you are very different from most Indians, hence cant demonstrate the whole picture.

i think you should refrain from.making case of yourself unless you can prove to us that you are very representative.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
it's not like Chinese Internet is completely cut off from the outside world. in fact, the most prominent portals being banned in China are Facebook and Twitter, something you just trivialized, hence wont affect the quality of Chinese Internet.

Indians are denied access to Internet because they are poor and cant afford it, the low Internet penetration in India just proved it. therefore, it's pointless to compare Internet quality unless you have quantity.

individually, you certainly have an Internet quality and quantity advantage over me. I cant visit Facebook without activating a proxy software, it's true that YOU have more choices. however, you are very different from most Indians, hence cant demonstrate the whole picture.

i think you should refrain from.making case of yourself unless you can prove to us that you are very representative.

NO comments on TIME Report?

Avoiding it?

I am not talking merely of myself. I am talking of many Indians. Internet is NOT the Be All and End All of modernity or of having 'arrived'.

There are more serious issues that one can devote to.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think amoy is arguing that Chinese should have their own FB and TW.

Interaction with the outside world is being encouraged in China, as long as the process is not dominated by the other side of the interaction.

Yes interaction is allowed on Chinese Communist terms - only on topics cleared as not dangerous to opening up the Chinese mind to worldly influences.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Put a bird cage near the window so that the bird can see the sky? It's much better to look than not to, even if it hurts.
China is a caged bird near the window.

But still it cannot fly and soar as it likes and be satisfied.

But at least they can see the sky rather than not see it.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
What I have always respected about the Chinese is a truly global perspective this community has, on top of that, they are a society that remains pragmatic as ever. In contrast we Indians love our, good to hear, rhetoric, of course taught to us by our western masters over many years of slavery, waste endless time in that, when these Chinese are busy delivering. Imagine a situation where tomorrow the US agrees to share the top space with the Chinese, thinking us to be a waste with us eventually getting side-kicked, what do we do then?

Do we then still depend on their internet sites, do we still transact with their financial tools, do we still work with their military hardware, and all such dependencies that we would have created on them. Point being, what is the contingency plan here, if any, because when the Americans hit back, they use all tools possible that they have access to them, and the Chinese have safe guarded themselves in pretty much every given way, even economically, but what about us, other than ridiculing the Chinese with our rhetoric and our good English? Generally the Indian way, there would not be any plan put in place but still, think a little harder, what that would be?

This is how the Chinese are so different to us. They have a problem, they foresee a problem and they develop a solution, we in contrast, have a problem, or foresee one but we keep debating it and by then it has become a habit of living with it and then we adapt by making another compromise out of endless many that we keep making.

We love to hit back with the usual talk of Chinese doing a copy-paste, Chinese hacking, Chinese being authoritarian but see all that they have created doing all that, and where are we? Think manufacturing, struggling, think internet, hardly anything productive, in governance, a highly chaotic system.

Anyway, it is much appreciated that Chinese have done all that, and now is the time to introspect and then deliver. I would be mighty proud if my own country, India would have done all this!

Twinblade

Country flag
I thought internet was divided between Secular and Communal people. :lol:
one is USA~managed which is dominated by google,facebook,twitter,ebay ,cisco and amazon the other is China~managed,which is dominated by baidu,QQ,Weibo,Taobao,huawei and Alibaba. india's internet belongs to usa~managed one.
There are two parts of internet.

1) P0rn.
2) Not P0rn.

All other classifications are irrelevant :cool2:

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Internet consist of two components:
1. Knowledge
2. Information

and Reddit is the Front Page of Internet. :truestory:

esolve

Except maybe WeChat, nobody gives a poppycock about Chinese internet outside China. Not even in places like Taiwan, Malaysia, and Singapore.

Cleanmaster, UCWeb, Dolphin Browser, camera 360, blabla are from China

Last edited:

esolve

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
among the top 10 mobile browsers, Chinese browsers occupies 5 positions. They are popular all over the world.
Browser Wars: the best 10 Android browsers go toe-to-toe, part 1

for top downloads in google play, cleanmaster only ranks after facebook and whatsapp, about 70% of its users are from abroad

https://play.google.com/store/apps/top?hl=en
Yeah? Microsoft Internet Explorer is on top-10 browser lists, too. That doesn't mean people give a poppycock about IE. They don't.

esolve

Yeah? Microsoft Internet Explorer is on top-10 browser lists, too. That doesn't mean people give a poppycock about IE. They don't.
where do you see IE in that list????

why do you intentionally ignore the fact that for top downloads in google play, cleanmaster only ranks after facebook and whatsapp, about 70% of its users are from abroad?

besides, UC Browser is also popular on the other side of the Himalayas. StatCounter's data shows that UC Browser leads the overall mobile browser category in India with 32% market share.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles