Chinese cell phone manufacturer Xiaomi launched its official website

jalsa

Re: Chinese cell phone manufacturer Xiaomi launched its official websi

MI India

Mi India

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
Do you know the availability of Xiaomi MiPad? is it available in China right now?

nimo_cn

Country flag

Do you know the availability of Xiaomi MiPad? is it available in China right now?
It is not available yet, according to its official website, the MiPad is still on the testing stage.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

It is not available yet, according to its official website, the MiPad is still on the testing stage.
Then what does this ad wants to convey?

Not understood.

nimo_cn

Country flag

http://time.com/3257743/xiaomi-india/

The Chinese smartphone maker is trying to crack other Asian markets—and it's working

Online sales of budget smartphone maker Xiaomi's new Android phone were gone in India before many even had a chance to click.

Known as "China's Apple," Xiaomi sold all 40,000 units of its low-cost Redmi 1S within 4.2 seconds on Flipkart, an online marketplace that does business exclusively in India, according to Hugo Barra, Vice President of Xiaomi Global.

----------------------------

Well, not every Indian is with Ray on this, isn't it? Of course, as our beloved Ray always contend, India is a free country.

Hail, freedom!

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk 2

Agni5

Xiaomi's Budget Smartphones Sell Out in India in 4.2 Seconds

The Chinese smartphone maker is trying to crack other Asian markets—and it's working

Online sales of budget smartphone maker Xiaomi's new Android phone were gone in India before many even had a chance to click.

Known as "China's Apple," Xiaomi sold all 40,000 units of its low-cost Redmi 1S within 4.2 seconds on Flipkart, an online marketplace that does business exclusively in India, according to Hugo Barra, Vice President of Xiaomi Global.

Well, not every Indian is with Ray on this, isn't it? Of course, as our beloved Ray always contend, India is a free country.

Hail, freedom!

No my Chinese friend, I simply don't buy Chinese CRAP.
Thousand times I mention don't even talk about Apple!!!, they drill hardware in your country and sell it worldwide, in return you get your bread compensating your lungs with gallons of carcinogen. You were saying about Apple of china?
World know about Washington apples though.

nimo_cn

Country flag

No my Chinese friend, I simply don't buy Chinese CRAP.
Thousand times I mention don't even talk about Apple!!!, they drill hardware in your country and sell it worldwide, in return you get your bread compensating your lungs with gallons of carcinogen. You were saying about Apple of china?
World know about Washington apples though.
No, my Indian fellows. You don't buy it doesnt mean others wont either. The case of xiaomi proves that cost effective Chinese products are popular in India.

p2prada

Double Post

p2prada

Hail, freedom!

I don't wanna reveal my identity here, in case Xiaomi likes to make it public, but I am in one of the first five customers to ever get the new MI-3 handset in India. The Director came for a visit.

nimo_cn

Country flag

I don't wanna reveal my identity here, in case Xiaomi likes to make it public, but I am in one of the first five customers to ever get the new MI-3 handset in India. The Director came for a visit.
Interesting!

You don't have to reveal your indentity, but what is your review of the phone?

p2prada

Interesting!

You don't have to reveal your indentity, but what is your review of the phone?

It's a good phone. It's as good as a Nexus 5 in terms of performance, another phone that I own, but comes with a better camera. And at half the price. I don't particularly like Custom UI but this phone is pretty crisp and fast.

I'm waiting for Nexus 6 to release. But if Xiaomi releases a Nexus 6 equivalent, then I'm sure I will give it a go over Nexus. That's gonna save me a lot more money.

dastan

I happen to have one of these (mi3) fact is, i was forced into ordering one all thanks to a geeky friend of mine who said i wouldn't find the particular snapdragon soc even in phones with double price. I did do some digging online before ordering but what came as a surprise once the package finally reached home was the appreciable build quality. Only grudge I have against it is their choice of skin on top of Android (miui) it looks good for the first few days then becomes boring. And a possible nightmare would be finding a service center if at all anything goes wrong down the road

nimo_cn

Country flag

It's a good phone. It's as good as a Nexus 5 in terms of performance, another phone that I own, but comes with a better camera. And at half the price. I don't particularly like Custom UI but this phone is pretty crisp and fast.

I'm waiting for Nexus 6 to release. But if Xiaomi releases a Nexus 6 equivalent, then I'm sure I will give it a go over Nexus. That's gonna save me a lot more money.
Then you might be interested in the recently launched MI-4.

p2prada

Then you might be interested in the recently launched MI-4.

I wouldn't buy that. It's not available in India. By the time it is available, it will be pointless to buy that. Nexus 6 would be a better option as it has better specs. Sure, it is more expensive, but I would buy a Xiaomi only if they release a phone with similar specs.

The advantage with Nexus is you are the first to get an OS update. My Nexus 5 will be the first phone with Android One. Everybody else will have to wait a few months or buy Nexus 6.

EDIT: I forgot to add one point. The advantage with Mi-4 is it will carry the frequency for 4G in India, and of course China, 2300 MHz freq. No idea if other phone makers plan to release 2300 MHz. Only iphone comes with 2300 MHz. Hopefully Nexus 6 comes with 2300 MHz.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag

I wouldn't buy that. It's not available in India. By the time it is available, it will be pointless to buy that. Nexus 6 would be a better option as it has better specs. Sure, it is more expensive, but I would buy a Xiaomi only if they release a phone with similar specs.

The advantage with Nexus is you are the first to get an OS update. My Nexus 5 will be the first phone with Android One. Everybody else will have to wait a few months or buy Nexus 6.

EDIT: I forgot to add one point. The advantage with Mi-4 is it will carry the frequency for 4G in India, and of course China, 2300 MHz freq. No idea if other phone makers plan to release 2300 MHz. Only iphone comes with 2300 MHz. Hopefully Nexus 6 comes with 2300 MHz.
which 4g standard is India gonna adopt? tdd-lte, fdd-lte or both?

if the phone manufacturers wish have a share of the Indian market, they have to come up with phones carrying Indian frequencies.

I am more into the exterior of a phone than its specs. fashional design and decent craftsmanship are what makes a good phone, in my opinion.

Last edited:

p2prada

which 4g standard is India gonna adopt? tdd-lte, fdd-lte or both?
Both. TD-LTE has already been rolled out, but there are very few handsets that supports it. Only iphone here among the high end phones. FD-LTE should roll out next year, there is a spectrum auction in 2015.

Over 1,500 MHz spectrum likely to be available by 2015 - The Economic Times

700 MHz should become available for FD-LTE. There were talks of introducing 1900 MHz for FD-LTE, but we don't know what's the status now.

5G spectrum will also be allotted next year. We are working with the Israelis on 5G.

India, Israel to jointly work for development of 5G technology - The Times of India

So we could be the very first ones with 5G.

I am more into the exterior of a phone than its specs. fashional design and decent craftsmanship are what makes a good phone, in my opinion.

A good looking phone is valued, but I prefer the entire package. Xiaomi and Google have delivered on both.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

Hail, freedom!

Why your home products cannot stand on their own? As is the case in your post calling Xiomai as China's Apple. I remember reading another phone brand called Blueberry. Are you ashamed of your own products that you have to steal the names of well established brands from developed countries? What ever happened to the claims being made by your CCP brats about innovation in China?

mylegend

Why your home products cannot stand on their own? As is the case in your post calling Xiomai as China's Apple. I remember reading another phone brand called Blueberry. Are you ashamed of your own products that you have to steal the names of well established brands from developed countries? What ever happened to the claims being made by your CCP brats about innovation in China?
I don't recall Xiaomi ever claim itself to be Apple of China. It is title given by media. Furthermore, where have you ever see a blueberry phone in person, so does other Chinese. It never gain any market for the name.

The biggest domestic cellphone maker in China are Lenovo, ZTE, Huawei, and Xiaomi. I don't see any of their name resemble Western brands.

I don't get it. Your show a Canadian flag, yet you have such racial prejudice toward anything from China. I just wonder how do you see your Chinese neighbor in Canada.

Rushil51

Country flag

Some really positive comments regarding Xiaomi MI3,but I am still not sure whether should I go for it or not. Any advices from you guys? I usually use my phone for gaming and other entertainment purposes

Global Defence

New threads

Articles