the Chinese rival of Apple and Samsung

rockdog

Country flag
Is Apple not getting phones from Chinese OEM's? Most of the phone companies get it that way. Doesn't mean that it is Chinese design.
When a company has: brand, technology, supply chain management, it just need OEM, like Apple.

When a company has: brand, supply chain management, it needs ODM, like lots of heavy industry brands.

When a company only has brand, it just re-brand it. i think mostly MicroMax is on this stage.

East Asia has most finished mobile industry chains in the world, from chip design, chip production, integration planning, components suppliers, manufacturer...
In fact, only in Shenzhen City a 50 people firm can design - produce a entry-level smartphone for developing nations, and you can find all the needed components within nearby 1000km2.

For a Indian company to maximize the profit, the best choice would be OEM/ODM/Re-brand the products to China, even it SEEMS that India has lower labor cost.

no smoking

Country flag
Is Apple not getting phones from Chinese OEM's? Most of the phone companies get it that way. Doesn't mean that it is Chinese design.
No, Iphone was designed by Apple: they setup the technical standard; they decided what material and parts to be used; they did the market reserch. What Chinese or Taiwanese did is all about the efficiency of production line.

aerokan

Country flag
No, Iphone was designed by Apple: they setup the technical standard; they decided what material and parts to be used; they did the market reserch. What Chinese or Taiwanese did is all about the efficiency of production line.
I also have the same understanding as yours. So no issues. :thumb:

aerokan

Country flag
When a company has: brand, technology, supply chain management, it just need OEM, like Apple.

When a company has: brand, supply chain management, it needs ODM, like lots of heavy industry brands.

When a company only has brand, it just re-brand it. i think mostly MicroMax is on this stage.

East Asia has most finished mobile industry chains in the world, from chip design, chip production, integration planning, components suppliers, manufacturer...
In fact, only in Shenzhen City a 50 people firm can design - produce a entry-level smartphone for developing nations, and you can find all the needed components within nearby 1000km2.

For a Indian company to maximize the profit, the best choice would be OEM/ODM/Re-brand the products to China, even it SEEMS that India has lower labor cost.
That was a good explanation. Thanks for the clarification.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
These phones seem to be really good design-wise.

What's the chance that they can beat Taiwanese HTC company?

HTC is really going big in India, especially after the launch of HTC One. People have loved its design, user interface and maintenance support. Has been named the best smartphone of 2013 in India, toppling Samsung's S4.

badguy2000

Respected Member

HTC is really going big in India, especially after the launch of HTC One. People have loved its design, user interface and maintenance support. Has been named the best smartphone of 2013 in India, toppling Samsung's S4.
HTC is now a company on the verge of bankrupty,because it is defeated by mainland Chinea rivals already,such as Huawei, Leveno and MI..

according to sale ammount, HTC is just the 13th largest smart phone seller,far behind its mainland CHinese rivals.

badguy2000

Respected Member
it is Meizu MXII,which was launched last year and cost 400 USD

amoy

Even great leader Kim Jong Eun uses HTC one too.

Mystery revealed: Kim Jong-un uses Taiwanese smartphone made by HTC | TopNews

@badguy2000 really a sad story HTC verging on bankruptcy? but still a chance of bail-out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
HTC is now a company on the verge of bankrupty,because it is defeated by mainland Chinea rivals already,such as Huawei, Leveno and MI..

according to sale ammount, HTC is just the 13th largest smart phone seller,far behind its mainland CHinese rivals.
That's an interesting fact considering that they are the second largest market leaders in India after Samsung. Micromax is on 3, Nokia on 4 and Sony on 5th.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

dealwithit

Guys badguy2000 is another farhan9909 ... arguing with them is ______ you fill the blank

amoy

Who does he talk to? No one other than the Fat Kims are allowed to have mobile phones in DPRK.

Probably calls up CCP and Putin to ask for money.
Not really. Lots of mobile phone users among their 20mil population. Only banned for a while after the rail station explosion alleged to target Kim Jong Il with mobile phone as remote-control by SK secret agents

North Korea eases cellphone rules for foreigners - World - CBC News
4 million using cellphones in North Korea

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
i have used huawei and i must say performance is good.
all smart phones like sony,htc and micromax have lagging problem after one year of use but i must say apple products are superb when it comes to performance,user interface and quality.
i brought macbook g4 in 2005 and this sh8t is still working and is in good condition.
you can use your apple products like forever.
quality of apple is very good so i dunno how this m3 is gonna compete with apple??
i mean sure they can be better than sony and htc but i phone is a far fetched idea but we'll see when it is launched.

so no comments till it is launched and critics are released :gangnam:
I have Powerbook form 1993 and still in use except at odd times screen goes dim.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Guys badguy2000 is another farhan9909 ... arguing with them is ______ you fill the blank
I have stayed here much longer than you..........................
I think people here know about me much more than they do with you.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles