Chinese attack helicopter's secret Russian roots

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

Sergei Mikheyev, General Designer of the Kamov Design Bureau, member of the Russian Academy of Sciences and Hero of the Russian Federation dropped the proverbial bombshell at Heli-Expo here in Las Vegas this afternoon.

Saving the best to last in a briefing to update a series of Kamov programs, Mikheyev told an astonished crowd that China's Z-10/WZ-10 attack helicopter was actually designed in great secrecy under contract for China by Kamov. Dubbed Project 941, the concept was initially designed in 1995 and developed by China into the WZ-10/Z-10.

The two-seat helicopter made its public debut at the 2012 Zhuhai airshow – and while the helicopter had been heard of before then – its appearance at the show came as a surprise. At the time observers noted an outward resemblance to the AgustaWestland A129 Mangusta, but no connection was ever made to Kamov until today.

More details will follow in Aviation Week & Space Technology.
:lawl:

L-15 trainer is designed by Russians (Yak) and powered by Ukrainian Engine.
Z-10 is designed by Russians (Kamov) and powered by P&W Engine.
No need to talk about J-10 (Israel), J-11B and J-15.
I bet even J-20 is designed by Mig Corporation under some secret project for China. :rofl::rofl:

nimo_cn

Country flag
a while ago, someone else told us WZ10 was designed with the help from south Africa.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

badguy2000

Respected Member
well,I am telling one top secret......that ....in fact.....Z10 was helped by zentraedi

Blackwater

a while ago, someone else told us WZ10 was designed with the help from south Africa.

To add babur is copied by you from tomahawak cruise missile for pakistan, list is long

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Sergei Mikheyev, General Designer of the Kamov Design Bureau, member of the Russian Academy of Sciences and Hero of the Russian Federation dropped the proverbial bombshell at Heli-Expo here in Las Vegas this afternoon.Saving the best to last in a briefing to update a series of Kamov programs, Mikheyev told an astonished crowd that China's Z-10/WZ-10 attack helicopter was actually designed in great secrecy under contract for China by Kamov. Dubbed Project 941, the concept was initially designed in 1995 and developed by China into the WZ-10/Z-10.
Source :

ice berg

And what russian weapons, sensor suit, radar does this "russian" helo using again?

And what does this means?

Dubbed Project 941, the concept was initially designed in 1995 and developed by China into the WZ-10/Z-10.

What concept? and how was it developed by China if it was designed by the russians?

satish007

Never trust Russian, they lie and again and again, now they tell you guys the carrier will be ready this year, hopefully it is not a big fat lie anymore.
no idea why Russia choose Z-10 this time, it is not a very good stuff, just ok.

Decklander

Now you know why I am against all kinds of JVs with Russians? They use our money to develop a tech and than sell it from back doors to china which sells it to Pakistan. In short we are paying for developing weapons for our adversaries. And there is no way that we Indians can stop russians from doing this.
JF-17 is also developed with Russian inputs and so has been the stealth J-series.

p2prada

Now you know why I am against all kinds of JVs with Russians? They use our money to develop a tech and than sell it from back doors to china which sells it to Pakistan. In short we are paying for developing weapons for our adversaries. And there is no way that we Indians can stop russians from doing this.
JF-17 is also developed with Russian inputs and so has been the stealth J-series.
That's the case with everybody, not just Russia.

The South Africans sell to China and Pakistan as well. And they have business in India too.

The minute sanctions against China is lifted, Israel, Britain and France will line up with Scorpene, Rafale, EF, Phalcon/Greenpine, Barak etc.

JF-17 has seen American input as well, at the same time the Americans have helped out with LCA. Heck, both times it was Lockheed Martin, the same company to boot.

The international arms market has always been an intricate web of deceit.

Anyway, the JVs and deals we have with Russia cannot be offered by anybody else. Nerpa, Arihant, FGFA, GLONASS, Brahmos 1 and 2 etc.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Go American, no bribery and selling to China (they donate old craps to Pakistan though)... :thumb:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

I have said many times that China is doing the propaganda of self-sufficiency of its military wares but it depends a lot on Russia for this. Jet engines, missiles and now helicopters.

Broccoli

The Project 941 design was not based on any Soviet-era attack helicopter project and was strictly designed for China's unique requirements, Mikheev says. "They gave us the desired weight, we discussed preliminary performance parameters, then we signed a contract and we fulfilled the contract," he says.

After Kamov completed the design, the Russian design bureau verified the design via testing. Kamov then delivered the design to China and the Project 941 concept was accepted by that country's government for further development, he says. Kamov did not participate in any further developmental work on the WZ-10, he insists.

Thereafter, to the country's credit, Mikheev says, the Chinese handled the rest of the developmental work. That includes the developmental prototypes and the operational aircraft that is currently in production for the Chinese military.

"So I wish success to the helicopter," Mikheev says.

Mikheev would not comment on the WZ-10's performance. "That is a question for the Chinese," he says. "I know what I have done."
HELI-EXPO: Chinese WZ-10 attack helicopter based on Kamov design

Twinblade

Country flag

I have said many times that China is doing the propaganda of self-sufficiency of its military wares but it depends a lot on Russia for this. Jet engines, missiles and now helicopters.
Apparently TsAGI chief stated in 2007 that they were offering 'consultancy' on two Chinese fighters. I can only imagine the Chibot rage further information about that disclosure will unleash ;)

nimo_cn

Country flag
To add babur is copied by you from tomahawak cruise missile for pakistan, list is long
looks like everyone wishes to take credit from the success of WZ10, first it was south African, now Russian, i wont be surprised if Indians start doing the same.

s002wjh

Country flag
there is no shame to receive help from those who has experience with the technology, and china is learning and absorbing these technology. S.korea/japan didn't just invent a top notch product on their 1st try, they also receive help from US and the like to increase the performance and quaility of their product over several decade.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles