Han Chinese Y Chromosome Test Results

amoy

Upholding the banner of iron-blood and 18-star, and save Y-chromosome :rofl:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Have you ever been direct about anything?
Have you Indians been less big-mouth for just one time?

Where are the threads? Are you gonna ask me to search the archives again?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
But try answering post # 36 and 37.

And guess who called people Barbarians?

Not me as you lied.

But the good old Chinese!

I am not going to trawl.

Check the posts where I stated Cantonese is not Mandarin and also people of the North do not understand the South, even if the letters are the same.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Differences Between Mandarin and Cantonese

Mandarin (國語 or 普通話) is the official language in Mainland China and Taiwan and is used by most of the Chinese schools, colleges and unversities and in most of the TV programs, movies, and radio stations all over the country (even in Guangzhou or Canton where people speak Cantonese in their daily life.) Mandarin is one of the five official languages in the United Nations.

Even Hong Kong schools are switching to Mandarin education from its Cantonese education after or even a little before 1997 (when UK ended its colony status there.) RTHK has added a Mandarin radio station and lots of Mandarin TV programs.You can even get different languages spoken for the same programs in the same channel with a special device built in their TV sets.

Cantonese (粵語 or 廣東話) is mainly spoken in Guangdong (where Guangzhou/Canton is the capital) and Guangxi provinces and most of the overseas Chinese communities in Australia, Europe, North America and other parts of the world. But the number of Mandarin-speaking overseas Chinese people is increasing rapidly in recent years as more Taiwanese and people from Northern China immigrated and have been playing a more active role in the world economy and culture exchange. Cantonese is the most extensively spoken Chinese dialect after Mandarin because of the strong influence of Hong Kong's economy and culture( pop songs, TV programs and movies) and also because more Cantonese people went abroad in the early years.
Interesting enough, BBS of the UK and Voice of America in the US use both Mandarin and Cantonese in their programs oriented to the Chinese listeners (no other Chinese dialect is used). The same is true in California. One broadcasting TV channel has Mandarin programs and another has Cantonese ones in Bay Areas in North California. And similar situation is found with the radio stations there.

The Differences in the Languages Themselves

People who can understand only either Mandarin or Cantonese can communicate with each other by writing because they use the same written characters with a few exceptions. The Chinese words were united by Emporer Qin Shihuang around 221B.C. (more than 2220 years ago) in China. But the colloquial Cantonese written down in words is sometimes hard to understand for Mandarin speaking people because Cantonese use lots of different expressions in their daily oral Cantonese. This is why Taiwanese and other Mandarin speaking people prefer World Journal to Singtao. Both newpapers are the most popular daily Chinese newspapers in the United States and Canada while Singtao has more Cantonese readers and World Journal more Mandarin speaking readers.

The pronunciation of the two are totally different. Hong Kong people humorously call it "the chicken talking to the duck" — they cannot understand each other. Mandarin has four tones and Cantonese has more than six. The two are both tonal languages (different tones has different meanings for the same sound) and they also have different vowels and consonants too.

Which Is More Difficult?

For beginners, Cantonese can be more difficult because there are 6 (up to 9) tones in Cantonese while only 4 in Mandarin. Also more learning materials (radio programs, mp3, podcasts) are available in Mandarin and you may see more Mandarin speaking people than Cantonese, even in Canton(Guangzhou or Hong Kong).

Which Should You Learn?

If you have a choice, learn Mandarin. Because if you know Mandarin, you can even be understood even in Hong Kong, Macau and Canton(which is called Guangzhou now. (Guangzhou is the Mandarin spelling instead of a Cantonese one). If you need to learn TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), Mandarin is recommended because the names of the acupoints and herbs are from Pinyin. But if you need to talk to a Cantonese who doesn't know Mandarin at all, do you have any choice?

Differences Between Mandarin and Cantonese | Khuang.com Learn Chinese Mandarin & Cantonese

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And they are all Han!:taunt:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Try Han culture.
Tried, but didn't find a thing. If you have find anything, please post the link here.

Yes, but NO smoking Nimo and Red Dragon, amongst others, feel it otherwise!
Your original post, substantiate that with some evidence.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Han is never defined by blood but by culture.

There is no such thing as pure Han, that is something made up by Ray to create a target.

Ray, if you think that I had said something you disagree and feel compelled to argue, please quote my post here, then we can have a further discussion, otherwise you are just making cheap shots as you Indians always do.

Oracle accused me of underestimating America's ability to shut down the whole Internet, but when I requested him to provide evidence, he went silent.

So now I am asking you to provide evidence to prove when and where I said Han was a pure race.
If it is so then what do people mean by "Hanisation of Tibet"? Does it mean "Sinocisation of Tibet" or only Hans are permitted to settle in Tibet?

nimo_cn

Country flag
If it is so then what do people mean by "Hanisation of Tibet"? Does it mean "Sinocisation of Tibet" or only Hans are permitted to settle in Tibet?
Every Chinese is allowed to settle in Tibet since it is Chinese territory. Tibetans are also allowed to settle in other parts of China.

Hanisation of Tibet is something made up by China bashers.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Every Chinese is allowed to settle in Tibet since it is Chinese territory. Tibetans are also allowed to settle in other parts of China.

Hanisation of Tibet is something made up by China bashers.
You mean to say Hans destroying Tibatan culture is propaganda and Tibatans committing suicide is also propaganda. That is an extreme position you are taking.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles